Affiliation: Ospedale di Circolo
- Sustained lung inflation in the delivery room in preterm infants at high risk of respiratory distress syndrome (SLI STUDY): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialCarlo Dani
Department of Surgical and Medical Critical Care, Section of Neonatology, Careggi University Hospital, Viale Morgagni 85, Florence 50141, Italy
Trials 14:67. 2013..We planned the present randomized controlled trial to confirm or refute these findings...
- Hydrolysed proteins in preterm formula: influence on plasma aminoacids, blood fatty acids and insulinaemiaM Agosti
Institute of Paediatrics and Neonatology, University of Milan, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 91:34-8. 2003..This could be caused by stimulation of insulin output activated by the C20:5 n 3; the effects of fatty acids are probably related more to the variable composition of cell membrane than to the fatty acids circulating levels...
- Post-discharge nutrition of the very low-birthweight infant: interim results of the multicentric GAMMA studyM Agosti
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Varese Hospital, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 91:39-43. 2003..CONCLUSION: Nutrition of very low birthweight infants post-discharge could have an influence on physical growth and on neurodevelopmental outcome. This interim report needs to be confirmed at the end of the study...
- Allergic manifestations in very low-birthweight infants: a 6-year follow-upM Agosti
Istituto Pediatria Neonatologia, University of Milan, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 91:44-7. 2003..A family history of allergy was related to a major incidence of allergies...
- What is the role of the prevention of allergy in the first period of life?Massimo Agosti
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Del Ponte Hospital, Varese, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:106-9. 2005..For these reasons, prevention in the first period of life represents a goal for both developed and developing countries in order to reduce this upward trend...
- Implementation of nutritional strategies decreases postnatal growth restriction in preterm infantsPaola Roggero
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Clinical Science and Comunity Health, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e51166. 2012..Improved feeding strategies are needed to promote growth. Aim of the present study was to evaluate whether a set of nutritional strategies could limit the postnatal growth restriction of a cohort of preterm infants...
- Effect of nutrition on growth and body composition in infants born pretermPaola Roggero
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit NICU, Department of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:49-52. 2012..Continuing to monitor growth and body composition changes in relation to different nutrition interventions is essential as growth pattern and body composition appear to have a long term effect on health outcomes...
- Measuring the body composition of preterm and term neonates: from research to clinical applicationsPaola Roggero
Institute of Pediatrics and Neonatology, Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, University of Milan, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:S159-62. 2007..Noninvasive and indirect techniques are the most suitable methods for measuring body composition in preterm and term infants. Most of these techniques are used in clinical practice, whereas others are used mainly for research...
- Update on lipid and protein intakes in the critical newbornGaia Francescato
Neonatology and NICU, Maternal and Child Department Del Ponte Hospital, Azienda Ospedaliera Di Circolo Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:60-2. 2012..In other clinical conditions and as far as other nutrients are concerned, available data are still limited and do not allow for firm conclusions in most cases...
- Vitamin K prophylaxis: leaving the old route for the new one?Francesco Tandoi
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Del Ponte Hospital, Varese, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:125-8. 2005..However, vitamin K prophylaxis in the newborn continues to be a worldwide health concern, particularly in breastfed infants. This paper reviews the current status of the use of vitamin K for the prevention of early and late VKDB...
- Rapid recovery of fat mass in small for gestational age preterm infants after termPaola Roggero
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Mother and Infant Science, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e14489. 2011..Data on the dynamic features of body weight and fat mass (FM) gain that occurs early in life is scarce. We investigated the postnatal weight and FM gain during the first five months after term in a cohort of preterm infants...
- Pancreatic development in newborn guinea pigs fed intact or low-hydrolyzed protein formulasCarla Colombo
Institute of Pediatrics and Neonatology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:644-9. 2005..To evaluate pancreatic development in newborn guinea pigs fed since birth intact or low-hydrolyzed protein formulas compared with breast milk...
- Use of a partially hydrolyzed formula in the dietary prevention of allergic diseaseAntonio Marini
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:854-5; author reply 855. 2006
- Increase of faecal bifidobacteria due to dietary oligosaccharides induces a reduction of clinically relevant pathogen germs in the faeces of formula-fed preterm infantsJan Knol
Numico Research, Wageningen, Netherlands, and Friedrichsdorf, Germany
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:31-3. 2005....
- Antenatal hormone exposures and SIDSAntonio Marini
J Pediatr 150:e1; author reply e2. 2007
- Probiotics, prebiotics, or both in a very low birth weight infantAntonio Marini
Pediatrics 116:522-3. 2005
- Blood withdrawal and infusion via umbilical catheters: effect on cerebral perfusion and influence of ibuprofenMilena Bray
Department of Neonatology, Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milan, Italy
Biol Neonate 84:187-93. 2003..Smaller modifications were seen following blood withdrawal and infusion via the UAC. Ibuprofen attenuated cerebral hemodynamic changes associated with withdrawal, but not infusion, from UAC and UVC...