- Increased visual cortical excitability in ecstasy users: a transcranial magnetic stimulation studyM Oliveri
Department of Psychology, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1136-8. 2003..To test the presence of abnormalities of visual cortical excitability in people using ecstasy as a recreational drug...
- Time-dependent activation of parieto-frontal networks for directing attention to tactile space. A study with paired transcranial magnetic stimulation pulses in right-brain-damaged patients with extinctionM Oliveri
IRCCS S Lucia, Rome, Italy
Brain 123:1939-47. 2000..In addition, the results show time-dependent processing of tactile spatial information in the parietal and frontal cortices, with a bimodal distribution of activity, at least in the attentional network of the unaffected hemisphere...
- Influence of the supplementary motor area on primary motor cortex excitability during movements triggered by neutral or emotionally unpleasant visual cuesM Oliveri
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy
Exp Brain Res 149:214-21. 2003..These results suggest that the SMA in humans could interface the limbic and the motor systems in the transformation of emotional experiences into motor actions...
- Paired transcranial magnetic stimulation protocols reveal a pattern of inhibition and facilitation in the human parietal cortexM Oliveri
IRCCS S Lucia, Rome, AFaR CRCCS Ospedale Fatebenefratelli, Isola Tiberina, Rome, Italy
J Physiol 529:461-8. 2000..These results suggest that paired TMS can reveal a selective pattern of ICI and ICF in the human parietal cortex...
- Timing of right parietal and frontal cortex activity in visuo-spatial perception: a TMS study in normal individualsB Fierro
Neurophysiological Unit, Institute of Neuropsychiatry, Via G. La Loggia 1, University of Palermo, Italy
Neuroreport 12:2605-7. 2001..Relative transitory rightward bias was observed only when parietal TMS was delivered 150 ms after visual stimulus presentation. Frontal stimulation induced no effect on visuo-spatial perception with the time intervals explored...
- Effects of motor imagery on motor cortical output topography in Parkinson's diseaseM M Filippi
AFaR CRCCS Ospedale Fatebenefratelli, Isola Tiberina, Roma, Italy
Neurology 57:55-61. 2001....
- Parieto-frontal interactions in visual-object and visual-spatial working memory: evidence from transcranial magnetic stimulationM Oliveri
IRCCS S. Lucia, Rome, Dipartimento di Psicologia, , , Rome, Italy
Cereb Cortex 11:606-18. 2001..These findings confirm the segregation of WM buffers for object and spatial information in the posterior cortical regions. In the frontal cortex, the DLPFC appears to be necessary for WM computations regardless of the stimulus material...
- Neurophysiological follow-up of motor cortical output in stroke patientsR Traversa
I R C C S Ospedale di Riabilitazione S Lucia, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:1695-703. 2000..followed up for about 4 months (T4), with the purpose to study any modification of the cortical motor output in the course of a neuro-rehabilitation treatment...
- rTMS of supplementary motor area modulates therapy-induced dyskinesias in Parkinson diseaseG Koch
Fondazione Santa Lucia, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Neurology 65:623-5. 2005..rTMS at 1 Hz was observed to markedly reduce drug-induced dyskinesias, whereas 5-Hz rTMS induced a slight but not significant increase...
- Prognostic value of somatosensory evoked potentials in strokeB Fierro
Department of Neurology, University of Palermo, Italy
Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol 39:155-60. 1999..Moreover changes in amplitude appeared more frequent and permanent than the latency abnormalities...
- High-frequency rTMS improves time perception in Parkinson diseaseG Koch
Fondazione Santa Lucia, IRCCS, Laboratorio di Neurologia Clinica e Comportamentale, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy
Neurology 63:2405-6. 2004....
- 1 Hz repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the unaffected hemisphere ameliorates contralesional visuospatial neglect in humansF Brighina
Neurophysiological Unit, Institute of Neuropsychiatry, University of Palermo, Via G La Loggia, 1, 90129 Palermo, Italy
Neurosci Lett 336:131-3. 2003..rTMS induced a significant improvement of visuo-spatial performance that remained quite unchanged 15 days after. Patients performance at Time 3 and 4 improved also as concerns line bisection and clock drawing tasks...
- Patterns of cognitive impairment in secondary progressive stable phase of multiple sclerosis: correlations with MRI findingsU Nocentini
IRCCS S Lucia, Rome, Italy
Eur Neurol 45:11-8. 2001..These findings suggest that in MS, overall macroscopic and microscopic brain damage is more important than the corresponding focal brain disease, even in determining deficits of selective cognitive domains...
- Overestimation of numerical distances in the left side of spaceM Oliveri
Laboratorio di Neurologia Clinica e Comportamentale, Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Via Ardeatina 306, Rome 00179, Italy
Neurology 63:2139-41. 2004....
- Modulation of spinal cord excitability by subthreshold repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the primary motor cortex in humansA Valero-Cabre
Laboratory for Magnetic Brain Stimulation, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Neuroreport 12:3845-8. 2001..Sham stimulation did not induce any noticeable change in M or H waves. Slow rTMS might facilitate monosynaptic spinal cord reflexes by inhibiting the cortico-spinal projections modulating spinal excitability...
- Effect of IL-6 on IGF binding protein-3: a study in IL-6 transgenic mice and in patients with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritisF De Benedetti
Pediatria Generale e Reumatologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Pediatriche, Instituto di Ricerca e Cura a Cattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Endocrinology 142:4818-26. 2001..Our data show that chronic overproduction of IL-6 causes decreased IGFBP-3 levels, resulting in a decreased association of IGF-I in the 150-kDa complex. Decreased levels of IGF-I appear to be secondary to increased clearance...
- rTMS of the unaffected hemisphere transiently reduces contralesional visuospatial hemineglectM Oliveri
Neurophysiological Unit, University of Torino, Italy
Neurology 57:1338-40. 2001..Parietal rTMS of the unaffected hemisphere during the execution of a computerized task of bisected line's length judgment transiently decreased the magnitude of neglect as expressed in the number of errors...
- The time course of idiom processingA Fogliata
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Milano, Italy
Neuropsychologia 45:3215-22. 2007....