Affiliation: Niguarda Hospital
- Transplantation of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cells: an emerging treatment modality for solid tumorsTaner Demirer
Department of Haematology Oncology, Ankara University Medical School, Turkey
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 5:256-67. 2008..Targeted therapies may complement the immune effect of allogeneic transplantation. We present updated results from the literature and data recently placed on file at the European Bone Marrow Transplantation Solid Tumors Working Party...
- Treatment of metastatic neuroendocrine carcinomas based on WHO classificationSalvatore Artale
Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, 1 20162 Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 25:4463-9. 2005..Grade 3-4 side-effects were limited to 9% thrombocytopenia and 12.5% neutropenia. Both these treatment regimens had a good therapeutic index and compared favourably with those previously reported for metastatic WD-NECs and PD-NECs...
- Pegfilgrastim: current and future perspectives in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropeniaRiccardo Ricotta
Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, 20162 Milano, Italy
Future Oncol 2:667-76. 2006..Recent trials have been conducted to evaluate the use of pegfilgrastim in different clinical settings, including support of dose-dense regimens, mobilization and transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Iron supplementation and erythropoiesis-stimulatory agents in the treatment of cancer anemiaPaolo Pedrazzoli
The Falck Division of Medical Oncology, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Cancer 115:1169-73. 2009..In this article, the authors discuss the role of iron supplementation in the setting of CRA in view of recent reports that have addressed this issue...
- Randomized trial of intravenous iron supplementation in patients with chemotherapy-related anemia without iron deficiency treated with darbepoetin alphaPaolo Pedrazzoli
Divisione di Oncologia Medica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 20162, Milano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:1619-25. 2008..We have prospectively evaluated whether intravenous iron can increase the proportion of patients with chemotherapy-related anemia who respond to darbepoetin...
- High dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic stem cell support for solid tumors other than breast cancer in adultsP Pedrazzoli
Falck Division of Medical Oncology, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milano, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:1479-88. 2006..In this article, we critically review and comment on the data from studies of high dose chemotherapy so far reported in adult patients with small cell lung cancer, ovarian cancer, germ cell tumors and sarcomas...
- High-dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic stem cell support for solid tumors in adultsPaolo Pedrazzoli
Divisione di Oncologia Medica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milano, Italy, and Department of Hematology, Ankara University Medical School, Turkey
Semin Hematol 44:286-95. 2007..In this article, we review and comment on the data from studies to date of HDC for solid tumors in adults...
- Reduced intensity stem cell transplantation for advanced soft tissue sarcomas in adults: a retrospective analysis of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationSimona Secondino
Divisione Oncologica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 92:418-20. 2007..Our study may suggest that an immune-mediated effect cannot be excluded in some STS...
- Darbepoetin alpha coming of agePaolo Pedrazzoli
Falck Medical Oncology Unit, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milano, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:4419-24. 2007..However, it is also clear from recent reports that scrutiny on the safe use of these drugs is still required...
- Percutaneous vertebral augmentation in metastatic disease: state of the artFlavio Tancioni
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
J Support Oncol 9:4-10. 2011....
- Iron supplementation during treatment with erythropoiesis-stimulating agents for cancer-related anemiaIlaria Schiavetto
Oncologia Medica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milano, Italy
Chemotherapy 54:417-20. 2008..In this article, we review and discuss the role of iron supplementation in the setting of chemotherapy-related anemia in view of recently published clinical trials addressing this issue...
- Prognostic factors for survival in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma undergoing nonmyeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantationJacopo Peccatori
Hematology Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Istituto Scientifico H San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Cancer 104:2099-103. 2005..The objective of this study was to identify prognostic factors for predicting survival in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) who had undergone an allogeneic stem cell transplantation after failure on immunotherapy...
- Optimising management of neutropenia and anaemia in cancer chemotherapy-advances in cytokine therapySalvatore Siena
Dipartimento di Oncologia ad Ematologia, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, I 20162 Milan, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 48:S39-47. 2003..These novel cytokines have the potential to simplify the management of neutropenia and anaemia with fewer injections and less disruption to patients daily lives...
- Therapeutic targeting of epidermal growth factor receptor with monoclonal antibodiesSalvatore Siena
Falck Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology and Hematology, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Suppl Tumori 1:S46-8. 2002
- Allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation after a reduced-intensity, preparative regimen: a pilot study in patients with refractory malignanciesPaolo Pedrazzoli
Divisione di Oncologia Medica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milano, Italy
Cancer 94:2409-15. 2002..The objectives of the current study were to evaluate the feasibility of this approach in terms of toxicity and engraftment and to document evidence of GVT effects...
- Present results and perspectives of allogeneic non-myeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for treatment of human solid tumorsM Renga
Divisione Oncologia Medica Falck, Dipartimento di Oncologia ed Ematologia, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 14:1177-84. 2003..In the present article we review the biological basis, development and early clinical results of this novel immunotherapeutic approach for solid tumors...
- High dose chemotherapy and hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for breast cancerP Pedrazzoli
SC Oncologia Medica Falck, Dipartimento Oncologico, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, 1 20162 Milano, Italy
J Chemother 16:108-11. 2004..They also discuss what may be the attitude to take in our everyday clinical practice, taking into account the availability of new chemotherapeutic agents and targeted therapies...
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for breast cancer in Europe: critical evaluation of data from the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) Registry 1990-1999P Pedrazzoli
S C Divisione di Oncologia Medica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milano, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:489-94. 2003..Outcome of patients with IBC is encouraging, suggesting the need for randomized trials. Patients with metastatic disease responding to pretransplant chemotherapy and harboring ER+ tumors have a better outcome...
- Neuroimaging abnormalities in adult medulloblastoma undergoing intensified therapySimona Secondino
Oncologia Medica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, 20162 Milano, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:3991-2. 2008....
- Therapeutic relevance of CD34 cell dose in blood cell transplantation for cancer therapyS Siena
Falck Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:1360-77. 2000..To review recent advances in peripheral-blood progenitor-cell (PBPC) transplantation in order to define the optimal cell dose required for autologous and allogeneic transplantation...
- Survival of adults treated for medulloblastoma using paediatric protocolsFilippo Spreafico
Paediatric Unit, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cancer 41:1304-10. 2005....
- Establishment and characterization of a new Ewing's sarcoma cell line from a malignant pleural effusionRoberta Schiavo
Falck Division of Medical Oncology, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:3273-8. 2007..In the present study, we report the establishment and characterization of a primary Ewing's sarcoma cell line (LDS-Falck 01)...
- Multimodal approach to the management of metastatic epidural spinal cord compression (MESCC) due to solid tumorsFlavio Tancioni
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78:1467-73. 2010..To assess the impact of a multidisciplinary approach for treatment of patients with metastatic epidural spinal cord compression in terms of feasibility, local control, and survival...
- GMP production of anti-tumor cytotoxic T-cell lines for adoptive T-cell therapy in patients with solid neoplasiaI Turin
Immunology Laboratory and Pediatric Hematology Oncology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Milan, Italy
Cytotherapy 9:499-507. 2007..We have now investigated the possibility of producing large amounts of autologous anti-tumor CTL, in compliance with good manufacturing practices, for in vivo use...
- Predictors of CD34+ cell mobilization and collection in adult men with germ cell tumors: implications for the salvage treatment strategyAndrea Necchi
Department of Medical Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Genitourin Cancer 12:196-202.e1. 2014..High-dose chemotherapy with tandem or triple carboplatin and etoposide course is currently the first curative choice for relapsing GCT. The collection of an adequate amount of hematopoietic (CD34(+)) stem cells is a priority...
- Metastatic melanoma in a young woman treated with TNF-α inhibitor for psoriatic arthritis: a case reportBianca Marasini
Rheumatology Unit, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Curr Drug Saf 6:275-6. 2011..In contrast with the extensive literature on cancer risk in rheumatoid arthritis, little has been reported on the development of malignancies in spondyloarthroparthies...
- Iron supplement in cancer patients receiving erythropoietinPaolo Pedrazzoli
J Clin Oncol 22:4428; author reply 4428-9. 2004
- Germ-cell tumorsUgo De Giorgi
N Engl J Med 357:1773; author reply 1773-4. 2007
- Cell therapy of stage IV nasopharyngeal carcinoma with autologous Epstein-Barr virus-targeted cytotoxic T lymphocytesPatrizia Comoli
Laboratorio di Ricerca Area Trapianti e Oncoematologia Pediatrica, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, V le Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:8942-9. 2005..We conducted a clinical trial of EBV-targeted cell therapy with autologous virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) for NPC refractory to conventional treatments...
- Ex vivo generation and expansion of anti-tumor cytotoxic T-cell lines derived from patients or their HLA-identical siblingDaniela Montagna
Immunology Laboratory and Pediatric Hematology Oncology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Piazzale Golgi, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Int J Cancer 110:76-86. 2004..Altogether these results demonstrate that our experimental approach is suitable for efficiently generating and expanding anti-solid tumor CTL to be used for adoptive immunotherapy...