Affiliation: Niguarda Hospital
- Neonatal lupusAntonio Brucato
Divisione Medica Brera and Rheumatology, Ospedale Niguarda, Milan, Italy
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 23:279-99. 2002..Serial echocardiograms and obstetric sonograms, performed at least every 2 wk starting from the 16 wk gestation, are recommended in anti-Ro/SSA positive pregnant women...
- Normal neuropsychological development in children with congenital complete heart block who may or may not be exposed to high-dose dexamethasone in uteroA Brucato
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Niguarda Hospital, Milano, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1422-6. 2006..Maternal anti-Ro/Sjögren's syndrome A (SSA) antibodies may also be associated with learning disabilities in offspring...
- Fulminant myocarditis during HIV seroconversion: recovery with temporary left ventricular mechanical assistanceAntonio Brucato
Internal Medicine, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:228-31. 2004..Before discharge, the patient admitted that he had had unprotected sex with numerous male acquaintances; anti-HIV testing turned positive. The final diagnosis was fulminant myocarditis during HIV seroconversion...
- Long-term outcomes in difficult-to-treat patients with recurrent pericarditisAntonio Brucato
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedale Niguarda, Milano, Department of Rheumatology, University of Padua, Italy
Am J Cardiol 98:267-71. 2006..3%. Mutations linked to familial Mediterranean fever were absent. In conclusion, in this large series of difficult patients with recurrent acute pericarditis and a very long follow-up, the long-term prognosis is good...
- Idiopathic recurrent acute pericarditis: familial Mediterranean fever mutations and disease evolution in a large cohort of Caucasian patientsA Brucato
Department of Medicine, Niguarda Hospital Milano, Italy
Lupus 14:670-4. 2005..In conclusion, the prevalence of definite immunorheumatological diseases and the absence of the mutations linked to FMF reinforce the notion that idiopathic acute recurrent pericarditis is an autoimmune condition...
- Recurrent pericarditis: infectious or autoimmune?Antonio Brucato
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 8:44-7. 2008..Colchicine leads to a clinically important and statistically significant benefit, reducing recurrences by 50%. The long term outcome of IRAP is good, without evidence of constriction even after a very long follow-up...
- Recurrent pericarditis: autoimmune or autoinflammatory?Silvia Maestroni
Internal Medicine, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 12:60-5. 2012..Anakinra could be a solution for patients who do not tolerate other therapies...
- The impact of treatment of the fetus by maternal therapy on the fetal and postnatal outcomes for fetuses diagnosed with isolated complete atrioventricular blockVlasta Fesslova
Centre of Fetal Cardiology, Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi 30, San Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy
Cardiol Young 19:282-90. 2009..to analyse retrospectively the data of fetuses diagnosed with isolated complete atrioventricular block and efficacy of treatment of the fetus by maternal therapy...
- Concomitant disappearance of electrocardiographic abnormalities and of acquired maternal autoantibodies during the first year of life in infants who had QT interval prolongation and anti-SSA/Ro positivity without congenital heart block at birthRolando Cimaz
Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milan, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 48:266-8. 2003
- Pregnancy outcomes in patients with autoimmune diseases and anti-Ro/SSA antibodiesAntonio Brucato
Internal Medicine, Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi, Bergamo, Italy
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 40:27-41. 2011....
- Clinical image: Comet cells in rheumatoid arthritisAntonio Brucato
Ospedale Niguarda, Milan, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 54:243. 2006
- Corticosteroids for recurrent pericarditis: high versus low doses: a nonrandomized observationMassimo Imazio
Cardiology Department, Maria Vittoria Hospital, Via Cibrario 72, 10141 Torino, Italy
Circulation 118:667-71. 2008..The aim of this work was to compare side effects, recurrences and other complications, and hospitalizations of a low- versus high-dose regimen of prednisone for recurrent pericarditis...
- Colchicine for the prevention of recurrent pericarditisGal Markel
Sheba Cancer Research Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:69-72. 2008..The safety profile seems superior to other drugs such as corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs...
- Corticosteroid therapy for pericarditis: a double-edged swordMassimo Imazio
Cardiac Rehabilitation Institute, Sheba Medical Center and Sackler University, Tel-Hashomer, Israel
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 5:118-9. 2008
- Prognosis of idiopathic recurrent pericarditis as determined from previously published reportsMassimo Imazio
Cardiology Department, Ospedale Maria Vittoria, Torino, Italy
Am J Cardiol 100:1026-8. 2007..Therapeutic choices should take into account of the overall good outcome of these patients, including less toxic agents...
- Therapy of recurrent pericarditisAntonio Brucato
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2149; author reply 2149-50. 2004
- Colchicine for recurrent acute pericarditisAntonio Brucato
Arch Intern Med 166:696. 2006
- Letter regarding article by Imazio et al, "colchicine in addition to conventional therapy for acute pericarditis"Antonio Brucato
Circulation 113:e693; author reply e693-4. 2006
- Electroretinograms of children born to mothers treated with hydroxychloroquine during pregnancy and breast-feeding: comment on the article by Costedoat-Chalumeau et alRolando Cimaz
Arthritis Rheum 50:3056-7; author reply 3057-8. 2004
- Anti-52 kDa Ro, anti-60 kDa Ro, and anti-La antibody profiles in neonatal lupusPatrick Gordon
Department of Rheumatology, King s College Hospital, London SE5 9RS, UK
J Rheumatol 31:2480-7. 2004..In addition, the control patients were not disease matched. We reassessed the sensitivity and specificity of anti-52 kDa Ro, anti-60 kDa Ro, and anti-La, addressing these limitations...
- Recurrent pericarditis: therapy of refractory casesAntonio Brucato
Eur Heart J 26:2600-1. 2005
- Pregnancy and autoimmunity: maternal treatment and maternal disease influence on pregnancy outcomeAngela Tincani
Spedali Civili e Universita di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 4:423-8. 2005..However, information about long-term outcome of children exposed to immunosuppressive drugs "in utero" are still lacking and more efforts are needed in this research area...
- Anti-SSA/Ro-related congenital heart block in two family members of different generations: Comment on the article by Clancy et alAmelia Ruffatti
Arthritis Rheum 52:1623-5; author reply 1625-6. 2005
- Pretreatment with corticosteroids attenuates the efficacy of colchicine in preventing recurrent pericarditis: a multi-centre all-case analysisGalit Artom
Cardiac Rehabilitation Institute, Sheba Medical Centre, Tel-Hashomer 52621, Israel
Eur Heart J 26:723-7. 2005..CONCLUSION: Treatment with colchicine is highly effective in preventing recurrent pericarditis, while pretreatment with corticosteroids exacerbates and extends the course of recurrent pericarditis...