- Surgical treatment for liver metastases from colorectal carcinoma: results of 228 patientsNicola Nicoli
Department of Gastroenterological and Surgical Sciences, University of Verona, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1810-4. 2004..Liver metastases are a very common event. Multiple choices of therapies can be used. The aim of this paper is to analyze results and methods of a single institution series of 228 consecutive patients with colorectal liver metastases...
- Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in compensated cirrhosis with radio-frequency thermal ablation (RFTA): a prospective studyCalogero Cammà
Cattedra e Unità Operativa di Gastroenterologia, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Hepatol 42:535-40. 2005..To assess the effectiveness and the safety of radio-frequency thermal ablation (RFTA) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) < or = 5 cm in compensated cirrhosis...
- [Influence of enteral nutrition on cytokine response in resective liver surgery]Gerardo Mangiante
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Universita degli Studi di Verona
Chir Ital 54:613-9. 2002..These factors thus substantially reduce the length of the patient's hospital stay and consequently the cost of medical care...
- One death after radiofrequency thermal ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma in a cirrhotic patientAndrea Casaril
Surgery 133:598. 2003
- A case of rapid intrahepatic dissemination of hepatocellular carcinoma after radiofrequency thermal ablationNicola Nicoli
Department of Surgery, Azienda Ospedaliera V Cervello, Palermo, Italy
Am J Surg 188:165-7. 2004..However, an increased number of complications after RFA has been reported in literature. The aim of this paper is to discuss the possible role of RFA in rapid intrahepatic spreading of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Phase II study of hepatic intraarterial epirubicin and cisplatin, with systemic 5-fluorouracil in patients with unresectable biliary tract tumorsMaurizio Cantore
Department of Oncology, Massa Carrara City Hospital, Massa Carrara, Italy
Cancer 103:1402-7. 2005....
- Capecitabine plus hepatic intra-arterial epirubicin and cisplatin in unresectable biliary cancer: a phase II studyAndrea Mambrini
Department of Oncology and 3Radiology, Carrara City Hospital, Carrara, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:3009-13. 2007..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the activity of hepatic intra-arterial infusion of epirubicin and cisplatin combined with oral capecitabine, in patients with unresectable biliary carcinomas...