- Surgical treatment for liver metastases from colorectal carcinoma: results of 228 patientsNicola Nicoli
Department of Gastroenterological and Surgical Sciences, University of Verona, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1810-4. 2004..Liver metastases are a very common event. Multiple choices of therapies can be used. The aim of this paper is to analyze results and methods of a single institution series of 228 consecutive patients with colorectal liver metastases...
- Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in compensated cirrhosis with radio-frequency thermal ablation (RFTA): a prospective studyCalogero Cammà
Cattedra e Unità Operativa di Gastroenterologia, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Hepatol 42:535-40. 2005..To assess the effectiveness and the safety of radio-frequency thermal ablation (RFTA) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) < or = 5 cm in compensated cirrhosis...
- [Influence of enteral nutrition on cytokine response in resective liver surgery]Gerardo Mangiante
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Universita degli Studi di Verona
Chir Ital 54:613-9. 2002..These factors thus substantially reduce the length of the patient's hospital stay and consequently the cost of medical care...
- One death after radiofrequency thermal ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma in a cirrhotic patientAndrea Casaril
Surgery 133:598. 2003
- A case of rapid intrahepatic dissemination of hepatocellular carcinoma after radiofrequency thermal ablationNicola Nicoli
Department of Surgery, Azienda Ospedaliera V. Cervello, Palermo, Italy
Am J Surg 188:165-7. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Radiofrequency ablation can create an arteriovenous fistula that can facilitate migration of tumoral cells from the nodule to the hepatic portal system and rapid intrahepatic dissemination of HCC...
- Phase II study of hepatic intraarterial epirubicin and cisplatin, with systemic 5-fluorouracil in patients with unresectable biliary tract tumorsMaurizio Cantore
Department of Oncology, Massa Carrara City Hospital, Massa Carrara, Italy
Cancer 103:1402-7. 2005....
- Capecitabine plus hepatic intra-arterial epirubicin and cisplatin in unresectable biliary cancer: a phase II studyAndrea Mambrini
Department of Oncology and 3Radiology, Carrara City Hospital, Carrara, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:3009-13. 2007..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the activity of hepatic intra-arterial infusion of epirubicin and cisplatin combined with oral capecitabine, in patients with unresectable biliary carcinomas...