Affiliation: Neurobiology of Aging Laboratory
- Transthyretin inhibition of amyloid beta aggregation and toxicityS Giunta
Laboratorio Analisi Chimico Cliniche, Microbiologiche e Diagnostica Molecolare, Ospedale Geriatrico INRCA IRCCS, Via della Montagnola 81, 60100 Ancona, Italy
Clin Biochem 38:1112-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate transthyretin (prealbumin) effects on Abeta25-35-induced cytotoxicity...
- The inflammation-sensitive protein alpha 1-anti-chymotrypsin neutralizes fibrillar aggregation and cytotoxicity of the beta-amyloid peptide more effectively than alpha 1-antitrypsinS Giunta
Laboratorio Analisi Chimico Cliniche, Microbiologiche e Diagnostica Molecolare, Ospedale Geriatrico INRCA IRCCS, Via della Montagnola 81, 60100, Ancona, Italy
Clin Biochem 40:887-92. 2007....
- Transformation of beta-amyloid (A beta) (1-42) tyrosine to L-dopa as the result of in vitro hydroxyl radical attackS Giunta
Laboratorio Analisi Chimico Cliniche Microbiologiche e Diagnostica Molecolare INRCA, Ancona, Italy
Amyloid 7:189-93. 2000..These results lay the groundwork for further studies on modification and damage associated with the degenerative disorder in AD where oxidative stress and inflammation are known to occur...
- Coenzyme Q10, antioxidant status and ApoE isoformsM Battino
Institute of Biochemistry, Facolta di Medicina, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Biofactors 18:299-305. 2003..The only E2 homozygous subject found had high levels of PON and low levels of CHP; the two E4/E4 subjects had low PON activity together with low levels of CHP...
- Exploring the complex relations between inflammation and aging (inflamm-aging): anti-inflamm-aging remodelling of inflamm- aging, from robustness to frailtyS Giunta
Clinical Laboratory and Molecular Diagnostics, Geriatric Hospital INRCA IRCCS, 60100 Ancona, Italy
Inflamm Res 57:558-63. 2008..The same consequences also result the age-dependent decline of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)...