Affiliation: Neurobiology of Aging Laboratory
- Migrant care workers as protective factor against caregiver burden: results from a longitudinal analysis of the EUROFAMCARE study in ItalyCarlos Chiatti
Scientific Technological Area, National Institute for Health and Science on Ageing, INRCA, Ancona, Italy
Aging Ment Health 17:609-14. 2013..The aim of the analysis is to assess the impact of privately employed migrant care workers (MCWs) on the burden of Italian family members who care for a disabled older person...
- The UP-TECH project, an intervention to support caregivers of Alzheimer's disease patients in Italy: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialCarlos Chiatti
Italian National Research Center on Aging, Ancona, Italy
Trials 14:155. 2013..The main objectives of the UP-TECH project are: 1) to reduce the care burden of family caregivers of AD patients; and 2) to maintain AD patients at home...
- Caesarean delivery in South Italy: women without choice. A cross sectional surveyPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e43906. 2012..We performed a stratified analysis in order to verify whether the effect of such correlates differed among women with an "a priori" preference for natural and caesarean delivery respectively...
- The economic burden of inappropriate drug prescribing, lack of adherence and compliance, adverse drug events in older people: a systematic reviewCarlos Chiatti
Scientific Direction, Italian National Research Center on Aging INRCA, Ancona, Italy
Drug Saf 35:73-87. 2012....
- Social support, socio-economic status, health and abuse among older people in seven European countriesMaria Gabriella Melchiorre
Centre of Socio Economic Research on Ageing, Italian National Institute of Health and Science on Aging, I N R C A, Ancona, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e54856. 2013..This study focused on the associations between social support, demographics/socio-economics, health variables and elder mistreatment...
- Advanced technology care innovation for older people in Italy: necessity and opportunity to promote health and wellbeingFabrizia Lattanzio
Italian National Research Center on Aging INRCA, Scientific Direction, Ancona, Italy
J Am Med Dir Assoc 15:457-66. 2014..This is an important action because numerous emerging developments are based on user needs identified by geriatricians, thus, underlining the indispensable role of geriatric medicine toward future guidelines on specific technology. ..
- The economic burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the elderly: results from a systematic review of the literatureSilvia Bustacchini
Scientific Direction, Italian National Research Center on Aging I N R C A, Ancona, Italy
Curr Opin Pulm Med 17:S35-41. 2011..The aim of this article is to review the economic studies evaluating costs and healthcare resource utilization in elderly (≥ 65 years) COPD patients...
- Socio-economic determinants and self-reported depressive symptoms during postpartum periodPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science, Polytechnic University of the Marches, Ancona, Italy
Women Health 52:352-68. 2012..The authors' study highlighted variables associated with baby blues and postpartum depression to target screening for women for postpartum depressive symptoms...