Affiliation: National Institute for Infectious Diseases
- Risk of Kaposi sarcoma after solid-organ transplantation: multicenter study in 4,767 recipients in Italy, 1970-2006P Piselli
INMI L Spallanzani IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 41:1227-30. 2009..These findings underscore the need for appropriate models for monitoring transplant recipients for KS, especially those at greater risk and, in particular, in the early postoperative period...
- Lack of implementation of Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) vaccination policy in household contacts of HBV carriers in ItalyPaola Scognamiglio
Department of Epidemiology and Preclinical Research, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive, L Spallanzani IRCCS, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 9:86. 2009....
- [Kidney transplant and cancer risk: an epidemiological study in Northern and Central Italy]Pierluca Piselli
Dipartimento di epidemiologia e ricerca pre clinica, Istituto nazionale per la malattie Infettive INMI L Spallanzani, Roma
Epidemiol Prev 32:205-11. 2008..This investigation aimed at highlighting the cancer risk of recipients of kidney transplant in northern and central Italy...
- Incidence and timing of infections after liver transplant in ItalyP Piselli
INMI L Spallanzani IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:1950-2. 2007..This study sought to estimate the incidence of infections and their main determinants in liver transplant recipients in the first year after transplantation...
- Viral infections and cancer: epidemiological aspectsD Serraino
Epidemiologic Department, National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani-IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 15:224-8. 2001..In this paper, the epidemiological evidence concerning some of the major aspects of the association between viruses and cancer are summarised...
- Resistive Index and MELD-Na: Nephrologic Monitoring in Cirrhotic Patients Awaiting Liver TransplantationI Umbro
Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Dialysis Unit, I Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 45:2676-9. 2013..In conclusion, this study suggested that intrarenal RI assessment should be considered in the clinical and nephrologic monitoring of cirrhotic patients awaiting LT. ..
- Occurrence of chronic renal failure in liver transplantation: monitoring of pre- and posttransplantation renal functionI Umbro
Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Dialysis Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 44:1956-9. 2012..Pre-OLT renal dysfunction must be recognized to be a risk factor for post-OLT CRF, representing important criterion to define specific therapeutic interventions to reduce patient morbidity and mortality...
- Cervicovaginal shedding of TT virus in HIV-infected womenS Calcaterra
National Institute for Infectious Diseases L. Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
J Hum Virol 4:343-5. 2001..0%) than HPV-negative women (p = 0.04). CONCLUSIONS: TT virus excretion in the female genital tract of human immunodeficiency virus-infected women is common, further supporting sexual transmission of this virus...
- De novo malignancies after organ transplantation: focus on viral infectionsP Piselli
Department of Epidemiology, National Institute for Infectious Diseases L Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Curr Mol Med 13:1217-27. 2013....
- Metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease in kidney transplantationM P Salerno
Department of Surgical Science, Renal Transplant Unit, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 43:1067-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the incidence of MS in an Italian kidney transplant recipient population and its relationship to the incidence of major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) after renal transplantation...
- Infection with Epstein-Barr virus and cancer: an epidemiological reviewD Serraino
Department of Epidemiology, INMI, L Spallanzani IRCCS, Roma, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 19:63-70. 2005..In this review, the main epidemiological aspects of the relationship between EBV infection and cancer are outlined, and recent advances in the mechanisms underlying EBV-induced growth transformation are summarized...
- [Knowledge and use of Pap-smear among HIV-positive women]C Pavia
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, INMI Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Roma
Minerva Ginecol 58:233-8. 2006..e., Pap-test). The aim of study was to assess: 1) awareness of Pap-smear and 2) the association between awareness of Pap-smear and screening attitudes of HIV-positive women...
- Risk of Kaposi's sarcoma and of other cancers in Italian renal transplant patientsD Serraino
1Dip Epidemiologia, INMI L Spallanzani, Via Portunese 292, 00149, Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 92:572-5. 2005..Kaposi's sarcoma risk was higher in persons born in southern than in northern Italy. Significant increases were also observed for cancers of the lip, liver, kidney and for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- HIV infection among low-risk first lifetime testers in Rome, 1990-2000V Galati
Dept of Epidemiology, INMI L Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Infection 33:61-5. 2005..This study was aimed at describing prevalence and determinants of HIV infection among Italian low-risk subjects seeking their first lifetime HIV test...
- [Analysis of infectious disease mortality in Italy]C Angeletti
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive L Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Infez Med 12:174-80. 2004..This exhaustive methodological approach to identifying infectious causes of deaths allows us to better define the burden of infections on mortality and register downward trends similar to those found in other industrialized countries...
- Stages of early acute renal dysfunction in liver transplantation: the influence of graft functionI Umbro
Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Dialysis Unit, 1st Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 44:1953-5. 2012..2%), ARD-Injury (27.6%) and ARD-Failure (17.2%). The worst stage of post-OLT eARD (eARD-Failure) seems to be influenced by the poor pre-OLT hepatic function as well as by early suboptimal recovery of graft function...
- A novel 8-color flow cytometry panel to study activation, maturation and senescence of CD4 and CD8 T lymphocytes in HIV-infected individuals at different stages of diseaseV Bordoni
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani I R C C S, Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 25:415-24. 2012....
- Surgical site infections in HIV-infected patients: results from an Italian prospective multicenter observational studyC M J Drapeau
2nd Infectious Diseases Division, National Institute for Infectious Diseases, L Spallanzani, Via Portuense 292, 00149, Rome, Italy
Infection 37:455-60. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the incidence and the associated risk factors for SSI in HIV-infected patients...
- High serum levels of TNF-α and IL-6 predict the clinical outcome of treatment with human recombinant erythropoietin in anaemic cancer patientsI Pavese
Department of Oncology, San Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ann Oncol 21:1523-8. 2010....
- Immunosuppression and cancer: A comparison of risks in recipients of organ transplants and in HIV-positive individualsG Busnach
Unità Nefrologia, Dialisi and Terapia Trapianto Renale, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
Transplant Proc 38:3533-5. 2006..These results show that HIV-infected individuals and transplant recipients share a similar pattern of cancer risk, largely due to virus-related cancers...
- Infection with human herpesvirus type 8 and Kaposi's sarcoma in SardiniaD Serraino
UOC Epidemiologia and Biostatistica, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, IRCCS, 33081 Aviano, Italy
Infection 34:39-42. 2006....
- Anthrax, botulism and tularemia in ItalyD Serraino
Infection 31:128-9. 2003
- Risk of cancer in persons with AIDS in Italy, 1985-1998L Dal Maso
Servizio di Epidemiologia e Biostatistica, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico IRCCS, via Pedemontana Occ le 12, 33081 Aviano PN, Italy
Br J Cancer 89:94-100. 2003..4 and 2.3, respectively). This study confirmed increased SIRs for haemolymphopoietic neoplasms other than NHL in PWHA, although many-fold smaller than for NHL. An association with human papillomavirus-related cancers was also confirmed...
- Infection with human herpesvirus type-8 among foreign female sex workers in ItalyC Smacchia
Infection 32:303-5. 2004
- The epidemiology of recurrent bacterial pneumonia in people with AIDS in EuropeV Puro
Department of Epidemiology, National Institute for Infectious Diseases, L Spallanzani, IRCCS, Via Portuense 292, 00149, Rome
Epidemiol Infect 133:237-43. 2005..The study findings confirm the crucial role of intravenous drug use in the occurrence of RBP and suggest that highly active antiretroviral therapies mi.ht have had a postponing impact on the relative frequency of RBP as ADI...
- Reduced incidence of Kaposi's sarcoma and of systemic non-hodgkin's lymphoma in HIV-infected individuals treated with highly active antiretroviral therapyM P Carrieri
Int J Cancer 103:142-4. 2003