Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Research Council
- Personality predicts the brain's response to viewing appetizing foods: the neural basis of a risk factor for overeatingLuca Passamonti
Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Medical Research Council, Cambridge CB2 7EF, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 29:43-51. 2009..Differences in the dynamic interactions within the human appetitive network in response to pictures of appetizing foods may determine an individual's risk of obesity...
- Neural abnormalities in early-onset and adolescence-onset conduct disorderLuca Passamonti
Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Medical Research Council, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:729-38. 2010....
- Effects of acute tryptophan depletion on prefrontal-amygdala connectivity while viewing facial signals of aggressionLuca Passamonti
Unità di Ricerca Neuroimmagini, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Catanzaro, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 71:36-43. 2012..g., angry faces)...
- Altered cortical-cerebellar circuits during verbal working memory in essential tremorLuca Passamonti
National Research Council, Neuroimaging Research Unit, Catanzaro, Italy
Brain 134:2274-86. 2011....
- Neurobiological mechanisms underlying emotional processing in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisLuca Passamonti
Istituto di Scienze Neurologiche, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Cosenza, 87050, Italy
Brain 132:3380-91. 2009..Overall our findings offer new insights into the neurobiological mechanisms of emotions in multiple sclerosis and provide evidence that they resemble those described for some psychiatric disorders...
- Impact of individual cognitive profile on visuo-motor reorganization in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisMaria Cecilia Gioia
Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Piano Lago di Mangone, 87050, Cosenza, Italy
Brain Res 1167:71-9. 2007..This study addresses the relative effects of cognitive impairment and brain atrophy on the cortical reorganization associated with a visuo-motor task...
- Ventro-lateral prefrontal activity during working memory is modulated by MAO A genetic variationAntonio Cerasa
Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Piano Lago di Mangone, Cosenza, Italy
Brain Res 1201:114-21. 2008..Moreover, given the well-known role of this area in inhibitory control, our finding also provides new evidence for the involvement of 5-HT in PFC-mediated WM function...
- Leaving a bad taste in your mouth but not in my insulaElisabeth A H von dem Hagen
Medical Research Council, Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, 15 Chaucer Road, Cambridge CB27EF, UK
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 4:379-86. 2009....
- Brain structure abnormalities in adolescent girls with conduct disorderGraeme Fairchild
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:86-95. 2013..Our primary objective was to investigate whether female adolescents with CD show changes in grey matter volume. Our secondary aim was to assess for sex differences in the relationship between CD and brain structure...
- The effects of BDNF Val66Met polymorphism on brain function in controls and patients with multiple sclerosis: an imaging genetic studyAntonio Cerasa
Neuroimaging Research Unit, Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Germaneto CZ 88100, Italy
Behav Brain Res 207:377-86. 2010....
- Fronto-parietal overactivation in patients with essential tremor during Stroop taskAntonio Cerasa
Neuroimaging Research Unit, Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Catanzaro, Italy
Neuroreport 21:148-51. 2010..Our study shows that patients with essential tremor require additional cognitive effort to achieve comparable performance levels on test of attentional control...
- Connectivity from the ventral anterior cingulate to the amygdala is modulated by appetitive motivation in response to facial signals of aggressionLuca Passamonti
Medical Research Council, Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, 15 Chaucer Road, Cambridge, CB2 7EF, UK
Neuroimage 43:562-70. 2008..The personality-mediated variation in the pathway from the ventral anterior cingulate cortex to the amygdala provides an account of why signals of aggression are interpreted as provocative by some individuals more than others...
- Cerebellar-parietal dysfunctions in multiple sclerosis patients with cerebellar signsAntonio Cerasa
Unità di Ricerca Neuroimmagini, Istituto di Scienze Neurologiche Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Exp Neurol 237:418-26. 2012..The altered communication between the cerebellum and a cortical area implicated in short-term buffering and storage of relevant information, offer new insights into the pathophysiological mechanisms of cognition in MS...
- Dysfunctions within limbic-motor networks in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisLuca Passamonti
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Istituto di Scienze Neurologiche, Unità di Ricerca Neuroimmagini, Catanzaro, Italia
Neurobiol Aging 34:2499-509. 2013....
- Adaptive cortical changes and the functional correlates of visuo-motor integration in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisAntonio Cerasa
Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Piano Lago di Mangone, Cosenza 87050, Italy
Brain Res Bull 69:597-605. 2006..Moreover these results confirm the potential for functional recovery and the adaptive role of these areas in the motor reorganization of multiple sclerosis patients...
- Genetically dependent modulation of serotonergic inactivation in the human prefrontal cortexLuca Passamonti
Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Piano Lago di Mangone, Cosenza, 87050, Italy
Neuroimage 40:1264-73. 2008....
- Changes in "top-down" connectivity underlie repetition suppression in the ventral visual pathwayMichael P Ewbank
Medical Research Council, Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge CB2 7EF, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:5635-42. 2011..Our results challenge previous interpretations regarding the underlying nature of neural representations made using fMRI RS paradigms...
- Abnormal anatomical connectivity between the amygdala and orbitofrontal cortex in conduct disorderLuca Passamonti
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Unità di Ricerca Neuroimmagini, Catanzaro, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e48789. 2012..Here, we investigated whether the integrity of the white-matter pathways connecting these regions is abnormal and thus may represent a putative neurobiological marker for CD...
- 5-HTTLPR-environment interplay and its effects on neural reactivity in adolescentsNicholas D Walsh
Developmental and Life course Research Group, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 8AD, UK
Neuroimage 63:1670-80. 2012..These results demonstrate that two different forms of environmental adversities interplay with 5-HTTLPR and thereby differentially impact amygdala and cortical reactivity...
- Dopamine-transporter levels drive striatal responses to apomorphine in Parkinson's diseaseLuca Passamonti
Istituto di Scienze Neurologiche ISN, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche 88100, Catanzaro, Italia Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Università degli Studi Magna Graecia 88100, Catanzaro, Italia
Brain Behav 3:249-62. 2013..Hence, it can be hypothesized that individual differences in DAT levels drove striatal responses to apomorphine via D2-receptor-mediated mechanisms...
- A key role for similarity in vicarious rewardDean Mobbs
Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Medical Research Council MRC, Cambridge CB2 7EF, UK
Science 324:900. 2009..Our results support studies showing that similarity acts as a proximate neurobiological mechanism where prosocial behavior extends to unrelated strangers...
- Appetitive motivation predicts the neural response to facial signals of aggressionJohn D Beaver
Medical Research Council Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge CB2 7EF, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:2719-25. 2008....
- Hippocampal BOLD response during category learning predicts subsequent performance on transfer generalizationFrancesco Fera
Department of Surgical and Medical Sciences, University Magna Graecia, 88100, Catanzaro, Italy
Hum Brain Mapp 35:3122-31. 2014..Hum Brain Mapp 35:3122-3131, 2014. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..