Affiliation: National Research Council
- Sleep structure correlates of continuous positive airway pressure variations during application of an autotitrating continuous positive airway pressure machine in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeOreste Marrone
Istituto di Fisiopatologia Respiratoria del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Palermo, Italy
Chest 121:759-67. 2002..To evaluate the relationship between sleep structure and continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) delivered by an automatic CPAP (auto-CPAP) machine in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- Evaluation of the POLYMESAM system in the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea syndromeO Marrone
Istituto di Fisiopatologia Respiratoria del CNR, Via U La Malfa, 153, 90146 Palermo, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 56:486-90. 2001..4%, while an AH/TIB > or = 10 showed a sensitivity of 95.2% and a specificity of 100%. In conclusion, PM proved reliable for recognition of the characteristics of ventilatory disorders and for diagnosis of OSAS...
- Pulmonary haemodynamics in obstructive sleep apnoeaOreste Marrone
Istituto di Fisiopatologia Respiratoria del CNR, Palermo, Italy
Sleep Med Rev 6:175-93. 2002..Besides, it appears more fully reversible after long-term OSAS treatment than pulmonary hypertension...
- Blood pressure responsiveness to obstructive events during sleep after chronic CPAPO Marrone
Institute of Biomedicine and Molecular Immunology, Section of Respiratory Pathophysiology, National Research Council, Palermo, Italy
Eur Respir J 21:509-14. 2003....
- Blood pressure and heart rate during periodic breathing while asleep at high altitudeG Insalaco
Institute of Respiratory Pathophysiology of the Italian National Research Council, 90146 Palermo, Italy
J Appl Physiol 89:947-55. 2000....
- Baroreflex control of heart rate during sleep in severe obstructive sleep apnoea: effects of acute CPAPM R Bonsignore
Institute of Medicine and Pneumology, University of Palermo, Via Trabucco, 180, Palermo, Italy
Eur Respir J 27:128-35. 2006..The small increase in baroreflex control of heart rate during sleep may be of clinical relevance as it was accompanied by reduced cardiovascular variability, which is acknowledged as an independent cardiovascular risk factor...
- Reticulocytes in untreated obstructive sleep apnoeaO Marrone
National Research Council, Institute of Biomedicine and Molecular Immunology IBIM, Palermo
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 69:107-13. 2008..It is unknown whether they affect reticulocyte release. This study explored whether the number and degree of maturation of circulating reticulocytes may be altered in OSA, possibly through the effect of erythropoietin...
- Preference for fixed or automatic CPAP in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeO Marrone
IBIM, Sezione di Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Ugo La Malfa, 153, Palermo 90146, Italy
Sleep Med 5:247-51. 2004..The aims of this study were to compare compliance to treatment with fixed CPAP and with autoCPAP, subjective preference for type of CPAP treatment, and factors associated to preference for autoCPAP in patients with OSAS...
- Role of different nocturnal monitorings in the evaluation of CPAP titration by autoCPAP devicesOreste Marrone
Istituto di Biomedicina ed Immunologia Molecolare, Sezione di Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Ugo La Malfa no 153, 90146 Palermo, Italy
Respir Med 99:313-20. 2005..Only polysomnographic recording ensures titration reliability in all patients. Further research is needed to identify simple and economic methods to reliably start the CPAP treatment...
- Continuous positive airway pressure treatment improves baroreflex control of heart rate during sleep in severe obstructive sleep apnea syndromeMaria R Bonsignore
Institute of Respiratory Physiology, Italian National Research Council, Via Ugo La Malfa, 153 90146 Palermo, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:279-86. 2002..Our data suggest that baroreflex dysfunction in OSAS may be at least partly accounted for by nocturnal intermittent hypoxemia, and can be reversed by long-term CPAP treatment...
- Respiratory disorders during sleep in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseOreste Marrone
Istituto di Biomedicina e Immunologia Molecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Palermo, Italy
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 1:363-72. 2006..Nocturnal treatment with positive pressure ventilators may give benefit to some stable hypercapnic subjects and patients with the overlap syndrome...
- Adenotonsillectomy and sleep apnea in childrenOreste Marrone
Chest 125:2363-4; author reply 2364-5. 2004
- A new method of negative expiratory pressure test analysis detecting upper airway flow limitation to reveal obstructive sleep apneaGiuseppe Insalaco
Italian National Research Council, Institute of Biomedicine and Molecular Immunology A Monroy, Section of Respiratory Pathophysiology, Via Ugo La Malfa, 153 90146 Palermo, Italy
Chest 128:2159-65. 2005..NEP application during tidal expiration immediately determines a rise in expiratory flow (V) followed by a short-lasting V drop (deltaV), reflecting upper airway collapsibility...
- What effect on blood pressure can we expect from continuous positive airway pressure treatment in obstructive sleep apnoea?Giuseppe Insalaco
J Hypertens 24:1927-30. 2006
- Automatic titration and calculation by predictive equations for the determination of therapeutic continuous positive airway pressure for obstructive sleep apneaOreste Marrone
Italian National Research Council, Institute of Biomedicine and Molecular Immunology, A Monroy, Sleep Laboratory, Palermo, Italy
Chest 133:670-6. 2008....