Lucia Del Mastro
Affiliation: National Cancer Research Institute
- Is it possible to use anthracyclines in patients older than 70 years? ContraLucia Del Mastro
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genoa
Tumori 88:S136-7. 2002
- Effect of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue triptorelin on the occurrence of chemotherapy-induced early menopause in premenopausal women with breast cancer: a randomized trialLucia Del Mastro
S S Sviluppo Terapie Innovative, Oncologia Medica A, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, L go R Benzi 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
JAMA 306:269-76. 2011..Premenopausal patients with breast cancer are at high risk of premature ovarian failure induced by systemic treatments, but no standard strategies for preventing this adverse effect are yet available...
- Biological characterization and selection criteria of adjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer: experience from the Italian observational NEMESI studyMatteo Clavarezza
Ospedale Sacro Cuore Don Calabria, Negrar, Verona, Italy
BMC Cancer 12:216. 2012..International treatment guidelines recommend administration of adjuvant chemotherapy in early breast cancer based on clinical, prognostic and predictive parameters...
- Randomised phase 3 open-label trial of first-line treatment with gemcitabine in association with docetaxel or paclitaxel in women with metastatic breast cancer: a comparison of different schedules and treatmentsLucia Del Mastro
IRCCS AOU San Martino IST National Institute for Cancer Research, UO Sviluppo Terapie Innovative, Genoa, Italy
BMC Cancer 13:164. 2013..This open-label study compared docetaxel/gemcitabine vs. paclitaxel/gemcitabine and a weekly (W) vs. 3-weekly (3 W) schedule in metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Trastuzumab as first-line therapy in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer patientsLucia Del Mastro
Istituto Di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martini IST, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10, 16132, Genova, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 12:1391-405. 2012..This review is focused on the available results obtained with the use of trastuzumab in the subset of HER2-positive breast cancer patients with metastatic disease...
- Luteinising hormone releasing hormone agonists (LH-RHa) in premenopausal early breast cancer patients: current role and future perspectivesLucia Del Mastro
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, Genoa, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 37:208-11. 2011....
- Medical approaches to preservation of fertility in female cancer patientsLucia Del Mastro
SS Sviluppo Terapie Innovative, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genova, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:387-96. 2011..the loss or impairment of ovarian function is an irreversible side effect that can occur in young cancer patients undergoing anticancer treatments. Its incidence varies according to the type of chemotherapy and the patient's age...
- Reducing the risk of distant metastases in breast cancer patients: role of aromatase inhibitorsLucia Del Mastro
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute, L go R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 33:681-7. 2007..Here, we review recent updated results obtained with AIs as adjuvant therapy, in terms of reducing the risk of distant metastases...
- Infertility and pregnancy after breast cancer: current knowledge and future perspectivesLucia Del Mastro
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 32:417-22. 2006....
- Prevention of chemotherapy-induced menopause by temporary ovarian suppression with goserelin in young, early breast cancer patientsL Del Mastro
Oncologia Medica, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:74-8. 2006..This phase II study aimed to assess the activity of such a method in young, breast cancer patients undergoing adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Timing of adjuvant chemotherapy and tamoxifen in women with breast cancer: findings from two consecutive trials of Gruppo Oncologico Nord-Ovest-Mammella Intergruppo (GONO-MIG) GroupL Del Mastro
Oncologia Medica A, Istituto Nazionale per Ricerca sul Cancro, Largo Rosanna Benzi, Genova, Italy
Ann Oncol 19:299-307. 2008..We analyzed the outcome of both pre- and postmenopausal women who entered two randomized trials (Gruppo Oncologico Nord-Ovest-Mammella Intergruppo studies) on adjuvant chemotherapy and received either concomitant or sequential TAM...
- HER2 expression and efficacy of dose-dense anthracycline-containing adjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patientsL Del Mastro
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Br J Cancer 93:7-14. 2005..Our data suggest a potential role of HER-2 overexpression in predicting the efficacy of dose-dense epirubicin-containing chemotherapy and the need to confirm this hypothesis in future prospective studies...
- Weekly paclitaxel as first-line chemotherapy in elderly advanced breast cancer patients: a phase II study of the Gruppo Italiano di Oncologia Geriatrica (GIOGer)L Del Mastro
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Ann Oncol 16:253-8. 2005..First-line chemotherapy regimens suitable for elderly advanced breast cancer patients are still not defined...
- Capecitabine in combination with docetaxel and epirubicin in patients with previously untreated, advanced breast carcinomaMarco Venturini
Divisione di Oncologia Medica, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Cancer 97:1174-80. 2003..The objective of this study was to evaluate the activity and safety of oral capecitabine in combination with docetaxel and epirubicin (TEX) as first-line treatment for patients with locally advanced/metastatic breast carcinoma...
- [The AIOM (Italian Association of Medical Oncology) practice guidelines for breast neoplasms]Lucia Del Mastro
Oncologia Medica A, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova
Tumori 90:1-8. 2004
- Objective response to chemotherapy as a potential surrogate end point of survival in metastatic breast cancer patientsPaolo Bruzzi
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology, National Institute for Cancer Research, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:5117-25. 2005..To assess the validity of objective response to chemotherapy as a surrogate end point for survival in metastatic breast cancer...
- Trastuzumab emtansine in the treatment of HER-2-positive metastatic breast cancer patientsClaudia Bighin
Department of Medical Oncology, IRCCS Istituto di Ricovero and Cura a Carattere Scientifico AOU Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino IST Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Future Oncol 9:955-7. 2013..TDM-1 is superior and less toxic than lapatinib plus capecitabine in metastatic breast cancer patients previously treated with trastuzumab and taxanes, and its role as a first-line therapy is currently under investigation...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer patients: the medical oncology perspectiveTiziana Catzeddu
Division of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Reasearch Institute, Genoa, Italy
J Surg Oncol 85:129-32. 2004..The new version of the staging system of breast cancer has recognised the need for a standard diagnostic approach and of a nomenclature system which also takes SLNB into account...
- [Epoetin in cancer patients. Guidelines of the ASCO and the ASH for evidence-based clinical practice]Lucia Del Mastro
Oncologia Medica A, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca su Cancro, Genova
Tumori 89:1-12. 2003
- Dose-dense adjuvant chemotherapy in early breast cancer patients: results from a randomized trialMarco Venturini
Institution of Oncologia Medica, Sperimentazioni Cliniche Controllate Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova PB, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1724-33. 2005....
- Fertility counseling of young breast cancer patientsMatteo Lambertini
S C Oncologia Medica A, IRCCS AOU San Martino IST, Genova, Italy
J Thorac Dis 5:S68-80. 2013....
- Anti-Mullerian hormone: determination of ovarian reserve in early breast cancer patientsClaudia Bozza
Department of Oncology, University Hospital of Udine, Udine, Italy Department of Medical and Biological Sciences, University of Udine, Udine, Italy Department of Medical Oncology UO Oncologia Medica A, IRCCS AOU San Martino IST, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10, 16132 Genova, Italy Department of Radiation Oncology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA Mother and Child Department, Pordenone Hospital, Pordenone, Italy Department of Medical Oncology SS Sviluppo Terapie Innovative, IRCCS AOU San Martino IST, Genova, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 21:R51-65. 2014..Further studies are needed in order to define the regimen-specific action of chemotherapy on AMH levels, the percentage of post-treatment recovery of plasma levels of the hormone, and the relationship between menopausal status and AMH. ..
- Analysis and clinical relevance of human leukocyte antigen class I, heavy chain, and beta2-microglobulin downregulation in breast cancerAnna Morabito
Breast Cancer Laboratory of Tumour Genetics Unit, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Hum Immunol 70:492-5. 2009..This result may correlate with the role of beta2-m in regulating cancer cell growth...
- Letrozole compared with tamoxifen for elderly patients with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: the BIG 1-98 trialDiana Crivellari
IBCSG Coordinating Center, Effingerstrasse 40, CH 3008 Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 26:1972-9. 2008..To explore potential differences in efficacy, treatment completion, and adverse events (AEs) in elderly women receiving adjuvant tamoxifen or letrozole for five years in the Breast International Group (BIG) 1-98 trial...
- Weekly paclitaxel in elderly patients with advanced breast cancer: a dose-finding studyLazzaro Repetto
Unità Operativa di Oncologia INRCA, Rome, Italy
Drugs R D 5:11-5. 2004
- ATAC trial updateLucia Del Mastro
Lancet 365:1225; author reply 1225-6. 2005
- Maintenance hormone therapy with letrozole after first-line chemotherapy for advanced breast cancerGianfilippo Bertelli
South West Wales Cancer Institute, University of Wales Swansea, Swansea, UK
Oncology 68:364-70. 2005..We investigated the effects of the third-generation aromatase inhibitor letrozole as a maintenance therapy in postmenopausal patients who had responded or had stable disease with first-line chemotherapy...
- Sequential treatment with exemestane and non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors in advanced breast cancerGianfilippo Bertelli
South West Wales Cancer Institute, Swansea, United Kingdom
Oncology 69:471-7. 2005..If exemestane is used as first anti-aromatase agent, however, it is unclear whether patients can still benefit from letrozole or anastrozole after progression...
- Five years of letrozole compared with tamoxifen as initial adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: update of study BIG 1-98Alan S Coates
International Breast Cancer Study Group IBCSG, IBCSG Coordinating Center, Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 25:486-92. 2007..Because this presentation may unduly reflect early events, the present analysis is limited to patients randomly assigned to the continuous therapy arms and includes protocol-defined updated results...
- Role of colony stimulating factors (CSFs) in solid tumours: results of an expert panelCesare Gridelli
Division of Medical Oncology, S G Moscati Hospital, Contrada Amoretta, 83100 Avellino, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 63:53-64. 2007..A special focus is dedicated to neutropenia and the use of CSFs in the treatment of the three "big killers" among the solid tumours: breast cancer, lung cancer and colorectal cancer...
- Re: Acute myeloid leukemia or myelodysplastic syndrome following use of granulocyte colony-stimulating factors during breast cancer adjuvant chemotherapyMatteo Clavarezza
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1050-1; author reply 1051-2. 2007
- Fertility preservation strategies for breast cancer patientsLucia Del Mastro
J Clin Oncol 24:4220-1; author reply 4221-2. 2006