Affiliation: National Institute for Infectious Diseases
- Remission of Behçet's disease and keratoconjunctivitis sicca in an HIV-infected patient treated with HAARTS Cicalini
II Divisione, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive, IRCCS Lazzaro Spallanzani, Via Portuense 292, 00149 Rome, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 15:139-40. 2004..The likelihood that a direct viral effect or HIV-induced autoimmune mechanisms act in the pathogenesis of both BD and KCS in HIV-infected patients is discussed...
- Clinical review: new technologies for prevention of intravascular catheter-related infectionsStefania Cicalini
2nd Infectious Diseases Unit, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Crit Care 8:157-62. 2004....
- Profile of infective endocarditis in a referral hospital over the last 24 yearsStefania Cicalini
Second Infectious Disease Unit, National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Via Portuense 292, 00149 Rome, Italy
J Infect 52:140-6. 2006..To describe changes in demographic, clinical and micro-biological characteristics of infective endocarditis (IE), and to assess factors associated with an increased risk of death...
- Treatment and outcome of pulmonary arterial hypertension in HIV-infected patients: a review of the literatureStefania Cicalini
National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Curr HIV Res 7:589-96. 2009..The role of the HAART in influencing the outcome of HIV-PAH is controversial, even if some evidences seem to indicate a beneficial effect in the clinical course of the disease...
- Endocarditis caused by Aspergillus species in injection drug usersN Petrosillo
Second Infectious Diseases Unit, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 33:e97-9. 2001..We report 2 proven cases and 1 highly suggestive case of Aspergillus endocarditis in IDUs, 2 of whom were infected with HIV, and discuss some related clinical and pathogenic aspects...
- Pathogenesis of HIV-related pulmonary hypertensionA M Pellicelli
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive, Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 946:82-94. 2001..This susceptibility could have a genetic basis, and might be determined by particular major histocompatibility complex alleles...
- Pulmonary cryptosporidiosis in an AIDS patient: successful treatment with paromomycin plus azithromycinF Palmieri
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Via Portuense 292, 00149 Rome, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 16:515-7. 2005....
- High prevalence of intramural coronary infection in patients with drug-resistant cardiac syndrome X: comparison with chronic stable angina and normal controlsCristina Chimenti
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, La Sapienza University, IRCCS San Raffaele La Pisana Rome, Italy
Heart 96:1926-31. 2010..Coronary microvascular dysfunction has been reported along with myocardial viral infection. Whether intramural coronary vessels infection plays a role in patients with cardiac syndrome X (CSX) is unknown...
- Post-exposure prophylaxis of HIV infection in healthcare workers: recommendations for the European settingVincenzo Puro
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur J Epidemiol 19:577-84. 2004..HIV resistance tests in the source and direct virus assays in the exposed HCW are not recommended routinely. These easy-to-use recommendations seek to maximise PEP effect while minimising its toxicity and inappropriate use...
- Human herpesvirus 8 and pulmonary hypertensionEmanuele Nicastri
National Institute for Infectious Diseases IRCCS Lazzaro Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1480-2. 2005..No relationship between HHV-8 infection and pulmonary hypertension was found...
- Raltegravir plasma concentrations in treatment-experienced patients receiving salvage regimens based on raltegravir with and without maraviroc coadministrationSilvia Baroncelli
Department of Therapeutic Research and Medicines Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Ann Pharmacother 44:838-43. 2010..The safety and efficacy of both drugs have been investigated, but there is no information on possible pharmacokinetic interactions between these 2 drugs in clinical practice...
- Ultrasonography in lesions of the carotid vessels in HIV positive patientsM Cristofaro
Diagnostic Department, Radiology, National Institute for Infectious Diseases L Spallanzani, Via Portuense 292, 00149, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 116:61-70. 2011....
- Pulmonary hypertension and human immunodeficiency virus infection: epidemiology, pathogenesis, and clinical approachS Cicalini
Infectious Diseases Unit, National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:25-33. 2011..As new efficient antiretroviral treatment is introduced, clinicians should expect to encounter an increasing number of cases of PAH in HIV-infected patients in the future...
- [Infective endocarditis. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment]Evangelo Boumis
II Divisione di Malattie Infettive, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive, Lazzaro Spallanzani IRCCS, Roma
Recenti Prog Med 95:591-603. 2004..Indications and contraindications for a parenteral home treatment and those for surgical treatment are examined, also according to the results of ultrasonography...
- [Signs and symptoms that lead to clinical hypothesis of infective endocarditis]Francesco Giuseppe De Rosa
Clinica delle Malattie Infettive, Universit, Torino
Recenti Prog Med 93:474-7. 2002..v. drug abuse). Our study confirms that clinical diagnosis of I-E. nowadays is reliable if history and physical examination are carried out correctly...
- Hepatic safety and postexposure prophylaxisVincenzo Puro
Clin Infect Dis 39:1083-4; author reply 1084. 2004
- Pulmonary hypertension in individuals with HIV infectionNicola Petrosillo
AIDS 20:2128-9. 2006
- Antibody response to Staphylococcal slime and lipoteichoic acidSimonetta Rindi
Lancet 360:1977-8. 2002
- [Infective endocarditis as predisposing factor to recurrence]Rosa Francavilla
Dipartimento di Malattie Infettive e Tropicali, , Roma
Recenti Prog Med 94:12-5. 2003..We conclude, agreeing with other authors, that infectious endocarditis may rightfully be considered a risk factor for further IE episodes and that, for this reason, an adequate prophylactic therapy must be given...
- [Factors associated with the time to clinical diagnosis of infectious endocarditis. Analysis of a multicentre case-record]Francesco Giuseppe De Rosa
Cattedra di Malattie Infettive, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Italy
Infez Med 11:81-5. 2003..time reduction in the last five years of observation and this is probably due to the improved knowledge on infectivologists regarding the clinical presentation of infectious endocarditis rather than the application of validating protocols..
- Broadened definition for hospital-acquired infective endocarditisStefania Cicalini
Clin Infect Dis 39:1084-5; author reply 1085. 2004
- [Pulmonary hypertension and HIV: implementation of a Regional Registry]Nicola Petrosillo
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani - IRCCS, Roma, Italy
Infez Med 13:5-15. 2005....