- Cerebral vascular response in airmen exposed to hypobaric hypoxiaAnton Giulio Guadagno
Italian Air Force Logistic Command, Flight Test Center, Aerospace Medicine Department, Pratica di Mare, Rome, Italy
Aviat Space Environ Med 82:1138-42. 2011..The cerebral vascular response in airmen exposed to simulated high altitude is not clear, thus we sought to investigate this aspect...
- Predictors of ear barotrauma in aircrews exposed to simulated high altitudeFabio Morgagni
Italian Air Force Logistic Command, Flight Test Centre, Aerospace Medicine Department, Pratica di Mare, Rome, Italy
Aviat Space Environ Med 83:594-7. 2012..We investigated other possible predictors, including history of ENT diseases, ENT clinical abnormalities, altitude, and subject's age...
- Altitude chamber related adverse effects among 1241 airmenFabio Morgagni
Italian Air Force Flight Test Centre, Aerospace Medicine Department, Airport Mario de Bernardi, Via dell Aeroporto di Pratica di Mare, 45, 00040 Pomezia RM, Italy
Aviat Space Environ Med 81:873-7. 2010..To minimize chamber-related adverse effects we implemented a set of measures, including altitude restriction and a pre-chamber clinical selection (PCS) of subjects before exposure...
- Acute otitic barotrauma during hypobaric chamber training: prevalence and preventionAngelo Landolfi
Italian Air Force Flight Test Center, Aerospace Medicine Department, Pomezia, Rome, Italy
Aviat Space Environ Med 80:1059-62. 2009..Barotitis media is known to be an adverse effect of altitude changes, but few studies have investigated this condition with respect to hypobaric chamber training and the resulting estimations of prevalence vary...
- Ear pain after breathing oxygen at altitude: prevalence and prevention of delayed barotraumaAngelo Landolfi
Italian Air Force, Logistic Command, Flight Test Center, Aerospace Medicine Department, Rome, Italy
Aviat Space Environ Med 81:130-2. 2010..A similar problem is described in divers after breathing hyperbaric oxygen and it is related to the oxygen contained in the middle ear...
- Bilateral chemodectoma: medicolegal considerations on a case report of aeromedical concernAngelo Landolfi
Italian Air Force Logistic Command, Flight Test Centre, Aerospace Medicine Department, Pratica di Mare, Via di Pratica di Mare 45, 00040 Rome, Italy
J Forensic Leg Med 20:339-42. 2013....
- Visual function at altitude under night vision assisted conditionsDiego Vecchi
Aerospace Medicine Department, Experimental Flight Centre, Italian Air Force Logistic Command, Aeroporto di Pratica di Mare, Pomezia, Italy
Aviat Space Environ Med 85:60-5. 2014..This is of special concern when night vision devices (NVDs) are used during flight because they also provide poor images in terms of resolution and contrast...
- Deficits in visuo-spatial but not in topographical memory during pregnancy and the postpartum state in an expert military pilot: a case reportLaura Piccardi
Centro Sperimentale Volo Reparto Medicina Aeronautica e Spaziale, Aeroporto M, de Bernardi Pratica di Mare Pomezia, Rome, Italy
BMC Res Notes 7:524. 2014..During pregnancy memory is one of the most impaired cognitive functions. Although long-term aspects of memory have been investigated, other aspects of memory have not yet been explored (i.e., navigational memory and reaching memory)...