- A sonographic quantitative cutoff value of cerebral venous outflow in neurologic diseases: a blinded study of 115 subjectsL Monti
From the Unit of Neuroimaging and Neurointervention L M, E M, S L, U A, M B, A Z, P G, Department of Neurological and Sensorial Sciences, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Santa Maria alle Scotte General Hospital, Siena, Italy
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 35:1381-6. 2014....
- Quantitative ColourDopplerSonography evaluation of cerebral venous outflow: a comparative study between patients with multiple sclerosis and controlsLucia Monti
Unit of Neuroimaging and Neurointervention, Department of Neurological and Sensorial Sciences, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Santa Maria alle Scotte General Hospital, Siena, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e25012. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate CDS quantification of the cerebral venous outflow (CVF) in healthy subjects and patients with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of fibrovascular tissue ingrowth within synthetic hydroxyapatite orbital implants in childrenPaolo Galluzzi
Neuro Imaging and Neuro Interventional Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera e Universitaria Senese, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, Siena, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 21:521-8. 2011..To assess the usefulness of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in assessing fibrovascularization progression into synthetic hydroxyapatite (HA) implants inserted in anophthalmic sockets of children submitted to enucleation...
- Hereditary diffuse leukoencephalopathy with axonal spheroids: three patients with stroke-like presentation carrying new mutations in the CSF1R geneCarla Battisti
Neurology and Neurometabolic Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Neuroscience, University of Siena, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, Viale Bracci, 2, 53100, Siena, Italy
J Neurol 261:768-72. 2014..In all of these patients, behavioural and cognitive changes were preceded by an ischemic stroke-like episode. A positive family history was present in only one case...
- Transient supranuclear paresis of the abduction in viral encephalitis of the brainstemAlessandra Rufa
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche e del Comportamento, Universita di Siena, Viale Bracci 2, 53100, Siena, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:653-5. 2010..PCR analysis of cerebrospinal fluid showed an enterovirus infection. Spontaneous clinical recovery rapidly occurred 2 days after onset. The brainstem lesion was undetectable at 5-week brain MRI follow-up...
- Myelodysplasia presenting as thoracic spinal epidural extramedullary hematopoiesis: a rare treatable cause of spinal cord myelopathyLucia Monti
Unit NINT Neuroimaging and Neurointervention, Department of Neurological and Sensorial Sciences, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, Viale Mario Bracci 16, 53100 Siena, Italy
Skeletal Radiol 41:611-4. 2012..Surgical spinal cord decompression resulted in complete clinical remission...
- Intracranial involvement in plasmacytomas and multiple myeloma: a pictorial essayAlfonso Cerase
Unit of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Neuroradiology, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, viale Mario Bracci, 53100, Siena, Italy
Neuroradiology 50:665-74. 2008..The purpose of this pictorial essay is to increase awareness of the clinical presentation, neuroradiological findings, treatment options, and neuroradiological follow-up of plasmacytomas and multiple myeloma with intracranial growth...
- Safety of intravenous thrombolysis in ischemic stroke caused by left atrial myxomaMaurizio Acampa
Stroke Unit, Policlinico S Maria alle Scotte, Siena, Italy
Curr Drug Saf 6:343-5. 2011..This case report suggests that systemic thrombolysis is a safe procedure also in patient with atrial myxoma. The efficacy of therapy seems to be related to embolus composition...
- Clinical-radiologic heterogeneity of occipital neuralgiform pain as multiple sclerosis relapseLorenzo De Santi
Neurological and Behavioral Sciences, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Headache 49:304-7. 2009..We suggest that sudden paroxysmal occipital pain may signal relapse of MS and cervical MRI with gadolinium should be considered; these patients show good clinical response to high-dose intravenous corticosteroids...
- Retinoblastoma: Abnormal gadolinium enhancement of anterior segment of eyes at MR imaging with clinical and histopathologic correlationPaolo Galluzzi
Department of Neurosciences, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, and InterDepartmental Center of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, Italy
Radiology 228:683-90. 2003..To evaluate abnormal gadolinium enhancement of the anterior segment of eyes harboring retinoblastoma at magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and correlate this finding with clinical and histopathologic information...