Affiliation: Mediterranean Institute of Hematology
- Has the quality of health-related quality of life reporting in cancer clinical trials improved over time? Towards bridging the gap with clinical decision makingF Efficace
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Quality of Life Unit, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 18:775-81. 2007..Given this, the objective of this study was to investigate whether the quality of such HRQOL reports has improved over time...
- Is a patient's self-reported health-related quality of life a prognostic factor for survival in non-small-cell lung cancer patients? A multivariate analysis of prognostic factors of EORTC study 08975F Efficace
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 17:1698-704. 2006..The aim of this prognostic factor analysis was to investigate if a patient's self-reported health-related quality of life (HRQOL) provided independent prognostic information for survival in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Health related quality of life outcomes in cancer clinical trialsA Bottomley
EORTC Data Center, Quality of Life Unit, avenue E Mounier, 83, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 41:1697-709. 2005..With more than 40 ongoing HRQOL studies in the EORTC, we expect HRQOL to play an even greater role over the coming decade in helping establish the optimal treatment and care approach for cancer patients...
- The prognostic value of health-related quality-of-life data in predicting survival in glioblastoma cancer patients: results from an international randomised phase III EORTC Brain Tumour and Radiation Oncology Groups, and NCIC Clinical Trials Group studyM Mauer
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Quality of Life Unit, Data Center, Avenue Mounier 83 11, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Br J Cancer 97:302-7. 2007..These results may have implications for future use of HRQOL as a prognostic factor in cancer patients...
- Methodological issues in assessing health-related quality of life of colorectal cancer patients in randomised controlled trialsF Efficace
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, EORTC Data Center, Quality of Life Unit, avenue E Mounier, 83, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 40:187-97. 2004..Whilst HRQOL assessment is a potential valuable source of information in understanding the impact of colorectal cancer, a number of methodological shortcomings have to be further addressed in future studies...
- Baseline health-related quality-of-life data as prognostic factors in a phase III multicentre study of women with metastatic breast cancerF Efficace
EORTC Data Centre, Quality of Life Unit, avenue E Mounier, 83 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 40:1021-30. 2004..However, the mechanism underlying this association remains to be precisely defined in future studies...
- Health related quality of life assessment methodology and reported outcomes in randomised controlled trials of primary brain cancer patientsF Efficace
Quality of Life Unit, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, EORTC Data Center, avenue E Mounier, 83, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:1824-31. 2002..Based on the results of our review, we make recommendations for future investigations to avoid these shortcomings...
- Predicting survival in advanced cancer patients: is it possible with patient-reported health status data?A Bottomley
Ann Oncol 17:1037-8. 2006
- Determinants of patient satisfaction in oncology settings from European and Asian countries: preliminary results based on the EORTC IN-PATSAT32 questionnaireA Bredart
Institut Curie, Psycho Oncology Unit, 26, rue d Ulm, FR 75005 PARIS CEDEX 05, Paris, France
Eur J Cancer 43:323-30. 2007..Future studies, with appropriate sampling frames and stratification procedures, are needed to better understand cross-national and cross-cultural differences in cancer patient satisfaction...
- An international prospective study of the EORTC cancer in-patient satisfaction with care measure (EORTC IN-PATSAT32)A Bredart
Institut Curie, Psycho Oncology Unit, 26, rue d Ulm, FR 75005 PARIS CEDEX 05, France
Eur J Cancer 41:2120-31. 2005..Further studies are needed to assess the responsiveness of the questionnaire to changes in the structure and process of care over time...
- Randomized clinical trial comparing quality of life after straight and pouch coloanal reconstruction (Br J Surg 2003; 89: 1108-1117)F Efficace
Br J Surg 90:594-5. 2003
- Health-related quality of life as a valid outcome in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancerC Byrne
Liverpool Supra Regional Hepatobiliary Unit, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:S95-104. 2007..Furthermore, easy to use simple tools such as the "minimum standard checklist for evaluating HRQoL outcomes in cancer clinical trials" might be of help in guiding investigators on the basis of minimum criteria...