- Desflurane preconditioning in coronary artery bypass graft surgery: a double-blinded, randomised and placebo-controlled studyMassimo Meco
Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit and Intensive Care Department, Centro Malan Istituto Clinico Sant Ambrogio, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:319-25. 2007..Besides, we have hypothesized that desflurane preconditioning would preserve the myocardium from the dysfunction following cardioplegic arrest...
- Effects of fenoldopam mesylate infusion on splanchnic perfusion after myocardial revascularization on cardiopulmonary bypass: an ultrasound Doppler studyMassimo Meco
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Sant Ambrogio Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 25:642-6. 2011..To measure the effects of fenoldopam mesylate infusion on splanchnic blood flow in patients undergoing myocardial revascularization with cardiopulmonary bypass...
- The effects of load on systolic mitral annulus movements by tissue Doppler imaging in cardiac surgery patientsM Meco
Thoracic Surgery and Anesthesia and Intensive Care Department, Sant Ambrogio Clinical Institute, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 51:277-81. 2010..We evaluated the effect of load changes on systolic (S(M)) and isovolumic (S(IVC)) velocity waves, and on isovolumic acceleration (S(IVA))...
- The effect of various fenoldopam doses on renal perfusion in patients undergoing cardiac surgeryMassimo Meco
Cardiac Surgery and Anesthesia and Intensive Care Department, Sant Ambrogio Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 89:497-503. 2010....
- Aortocoronary bypass grafting in high-risk patients over 75 years. Propensity score analysis of on versus off-pump, early and midterm resultsM Meco
Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, Sant Ambrogio Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:339-47. 2007..Bypass surgery in high risk patients over the age of 75 results in increased mortality and morbidity, which may be also related to the cardiopulmonary bypass system...
- Effects of fenoldopam mesylate on central hemodynamics and renal flow in patients undergoing cardiac surgery: color Doppler echocardiographic evaluationMassimo Meco
Cardiac Surgery and Anesthesia and Intensive Care Department, Instituto Clinico Sant Ambrogio, Via Faravelli 16, 20171 Milan, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 24:58-62. 2010..1 microg/kg/min of fenoldopam mesylate on renal flow and central hemodynamics measured by echocardiography in hemodynamically stable patients with preserved renal function undergoing cardiac surgery...
- Haemolysis due to active venous drainage during cardiopulmonary bypass: comparison of two different techniquesS Cirri
Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Department, Instituto Clinico Sant'Ambrogio, Milan, Italy
Perfusion 16:313-8. 2001..Total bleeding is also greater in Group A...
- Mortality and morbidity from intra-aortic balloon pumps. Risk analysisM Meco
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Malan Center, S Ambrogio Clinical Institute, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 43:17-23. 2002..The purpose of this study, was to assess the incidence of and predictors for mortality and morbidity in patients who required postoperative intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) support...
- Pexelizumab and survival in cardiac surgeryL Testa
Deptartment of Interventional Cardiology, Istituto Clinico S Ambrogio, Milan, Italy
HSR Proc Intensive Care Cardiovasc Anesth 3:23-4. 2011..Pexelizumab is no longer on the market, however, the concept of reducing the generalized inflammatory process accompanying cardiopulmonary bypass deserves further investigation...
- Prevention of pouch dilatation after laparoscopic adjustable gastric bandingMarco Antonio Zappa
Division of General Surgery, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Obes Surg 16:132-6. 2006..In addition to the usual recommendations of bariatric surgery centers and dietetic advice to prevent this complication, over the last 4 years we introduced a technical modification of the procedure...
- Multivessel distal sutureless off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting procedure using magnetic connectorsFilip P Casselman
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, OLV Clinic, Aalst, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 78:e38-40. 2004..In addition we recently performed two off-pump coronary artery bypass procedures that were distally completely sutureless...