- Premature ovarian failure. Clinical evaluation of 32 casesG Mainini
Menopausal Center, Universitary Department of Gynaecological, Obstetric and Reproductive Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 55:525-9. 2003..Pathogenetic mechanisms are not so clear, particularly genetic implications of cellular apoptosis. Diagnostic approach is multifactorial and therapy depends on the pregnancy wish...
- Serum osteoprotegerin correlates with age and bone mass in postmenopausal, but not in fertile age womenG Mainini
Fondazione IRCCS SDN, Naples, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 38:355-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between the circulating OPG/RANKL system, age and bone mass, in fertile age and postmenopausal women...
- Oral supplementation with antioxidant agents containing alpha lipoic acid: effects on postmenopausal bone massG Mainini
San Leonardo Hospital, Castellammare di Stabia, Naples, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 39:489-93. 2012..The authors evaluated the effect of oral supplementation with antioxidant agents containing alpha lipoic acid (ALA) on bone mineral density (BMD) of osteopenic postmenopausal women...
- A new approach in the first-line treatment of bacterial and mycotic vulvovaginitis with topical lipohydroperoxides and glycyrrhetic acid: a comparative studyG Mainini
Fondazione IRCCS SDN, Napoli, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 38:243-6. 2011..PURPOSE OF INVESTIGATIONS: The aim of this randomized controlled trial was to evaluate efficacy and tolerability of a new association of lipohydroperoxides and glycyrrhetic acid on topical treatment of bacterial and mycotic vulvovaginitis...
- Local estrogen replacement therapy in postmenopausal atrophic vaginitis: efficacy and safety of low dose 17beta-estradiol vaginal tabletsG Mainini
Department of Gynaecologic Obstetric and Reproduction Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 32:111-3. 2005..To verify the effectiveness and safety of low-dose 17beta-estradiol vaginal tablets in the treatment of the postmenopausal atrophic vaginitis...
- Low-dose estrogen and drospirenone combination: effects on metabolism and endothelial function in postmenopausal women with metabolic syndromeP De Franciscis
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 40:233-5. 2013..The aim of the study was to assess the effects of a low-dose hemihydrate estradiol and drospirenone combination on cardiovascular risk parameters in postmenopausal women with metabolic syndrome...
- Arterial hypertension and female sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal womenP De Franciscis
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Sciences Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 40:58-60. 2013..To evaluate female sexual dysfunction in hypertensive postmenopausal women and the effects of antihypertensive therapy...
- A therapeutic algorithm for early-stage endometrial cancer: indications, patient selection, and feasibilityE M Messalli
Department of Gynaecologic, Obstetric and Reproduction Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 27:385-8. 2006..In this regard, anatomic-surgical staging is better in that it corresponds to real conditions whereas clinical-instrumental staging is still today incomplete...
- [Indications for hormone replacement therapy]G Mainini
Centro Menopausa, II Divisione di Ginecologia ed Ostetricia, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Naples, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 55:43-9. 2003....
- Pelvic lipomatosis complicating ovarian cyst removal: a case reportL Quirino
Department of Gynecologic Obstetric Sciences and Reproduction, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 25:517-8. 2004..Here we describe the first case to our knowledge of accidental intraoperative diagnosis associated to an ovarian cyst in absence of objective symptoms and signs...