Affiliation: Magna Graecia University
- Sorrentino S, Iaconetti C, De Rosa S, Polimeni A, Sabatino J, Gareri C, et al. Hindlimb Ischemia Impairs Endothelial Recovery and Increases Neointimal Proliferation in the Carotid Artery. Sci Rep. 2018;8:761 pubmed publisher..Thus, hindlimb ischemia affects negative carotid remodeling increasing neointima formation after injury, while systemic antagonizzation of miR-16 is able to prevent these negative effects. ..
- Polimeni A, De Rosa S, Sabatino J, Sorrentino S, Indolfi C. Impact of intracoronary adenosine administration during primary PCI: A meta-analysis. Int J Cardiol. 2016;203:1032-41 pubmed publisher..04) and long-term (RR = 0.61 [0.39â€“0.95] p = 0.03). This is the first meta-analysis demonstrating a clinical benefit for IC adenosine in hard endpoints, such as adverse cardiovascular events, in patients undergoing primary PCI. ..
- Iaconetti C, De Rosa S, Polimeni A, Sorrentino S, Gareri C, Carino A, et al. Down-regulation of miR-23b induces phenotypic switching of vascular smooth muscle cells in vitro and in vivo. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:522-33 pubmed publisher..By luciferase reporter assay, we validated the transcription factor FoxO4 as a direct target of miR-23b in VSMCs. We identify miR-23b as a novel regulator of VSMC phenotypic switch in vitro and following vascular injury in vivo. ..
- Gareri C, Iaconetti C, Sorrentino S, Covello C, de Rosa S, Indolfi C. miR-125a-5p Modulates Phenotypic Switch of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells by Targeting ETS-1. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:1817-1828 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-125a-5p in this context inhibits PDGF-BB pathway and is therefore a potential regulator of VSMCs phenotypic switch. ..
- De Rosa S, Polimeni A, Petraco R, Davies J, Indolfi C. Diagnostic Performance of the Instantaneous Wave-Free Ratio: Comparison With Fractional Flow Reserve. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018;11:e004613 pubmed publisher..Finally, iFR and FFR have similar diagnostic efficiency for detection of ischemia-inducing stenoses when tested against a third comparator. ..
- Sorrentino S, De Rosa S, Ambrosio G, Mongiardo A, Spaccarotella C, Polimeni A, et al. The duration of balloon inflation affects the luminal diameter of coronary segments after bioresorbable vascular scaffolds deployment. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2015;15:169 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly support the maintenance of balloon inflation for at least 30" during BVS deployment to achieve optimal scaffold expansion and minimize the occurrence of residual stenosis. ..
- De Rosa S, Polimeni A, Sabatino J, Indolfi C. Long-term outcomes of coronary artery bypass grafting versus stent-PCI for unprotected left main disease: a meta-analysis. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:240 pubmed publisher..Hence, a large part of patients with unprotected left main coronary artery disease can be managed equally well by means of both these revascularization strategies. ..
- Polimeni A, Anadol R, MÃ¼nzel T, Indolfi C, De Rosa S, Gori T. Long-term outcome of bioresorbable vascular scaffolds for the treatment of coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis of RCTs. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:147 pubmed publisher..6% vs 0.1%, OR 4.03, 95% CI 1.37 to 11.82; pÂ =Â 0.01) was higher with BRS compared with EES. BRS may be associated with worse two-years clinical outcomes compared with EES in patients with coronary artery disease. ..