Affiliation: Magna Graecia University
- Short-term outcomes of extracorporeal shock wave therapy for the treatment of chronic non-calcific tendinopathy of the supraspinatus: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Magna Græcia University, V le Europa88100, Catanzaro, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:86. 2012..We conducted a randomized placebo-controlled trial to investigate the efficacy and safety of low energy ESWT for non-calcifying tendinopathy of the rotator cuff...
- Tenotomy versus tenodesis in the treatment of the long head of biceps brachii tendon lesionsOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, Viale Europa Loc, Germaneto, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:205. 2012..Indeed, high-quality evidence is lacking, mainly because of methodological problems, such as retrospective design, population sample size or lack of patient randomization...
- Collagen type V polymorphism in spontaneous quadriceps tendon rupturesOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, School of Medicine, Catanzaro, Italy
Orthopedics 35:e580-4. 2012..These findings might explain the pathomechanisms of spontaneous tendon ruptures associated with COL5A1 polymorphism...
- Long-term follow-up results of the Cloward procedure for cervical spondylotic myelopathyOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, V le Europa Loc Germaneto, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Eur Spine J 22:128-34. 2013..To assess the long-term results of anterior cervical discectomy and fusion using the Cloward procedure for the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy, and to identify possible clinical outcome predictors...
- Recent findings on the role of gelatinases (matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9) in osteoarthritisOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, Europa Avenue, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Adv Orthop 2012:834208. 2012..The most significant new findings over the last year that add to our knowledge of the activity of these proteins in OA have been reported...
- Histopathological, clinical, and electrophysiological features influencing postoperative outcomes in carpal tunnel syndromeOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, Magna Graecia University, V le Europa, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
J Orthop Res 29:1298-304. 2011..These findings have to be considered when discussing with patients as for the expected and desired outcomes of CTS surgery. The increased vascularization of flexor tenosynovium is associated with patients' functional status...
- Simultaneous extraction and rapid visualization of peptidomic and lipidomic body fluids fingerprints using mesoporous aluminosilicate and MALDI-TOF MSMariaimmacolata Preianò
Department of Health Sciences, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Proteomics 12:3286-94. 2012....