Affiliation: Magna Graecia University
- Long-term follow-up results of the Cloward procedure for cervical spondylotic myelopathyOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, V le Europa Loc Germaneto, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Eur Spine J 22:128-34. 2013..To assess the long-term results of anterior cervical discectomy and fusion using the Cloward procedure for the treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy, and to identify possible clinical outcome predictors...
- Short-term outcomes of extracorporeal shock wave therapy for the treatment of chronic non-calcific tendinopathy of the supraspinatus: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Magna Græcia University, V le Europa88100, Catanzaro, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:86. 2012..We conducted a randomized placebo-controlled trial to investigate the efficacy and safety of low energy ESWT for non-calcifying tendinopathy of the rotator cuff...
- Collagen type V polymorphism in spontaneous quadriceps tendon rupturesOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, School of Medicine, Catanzaro, Italy
Orthopedics 35:e580-4. 2012..These findings might explain the pathomechanisms of spontaneous tendon ruptures associated with COL5A1 polymorphism...
- Quality of life and functionality after total hip arthroplasty: a long-term follow-up studyMassimo Mariconda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:222. 2011..There is a lack of data on the long-term outcome of total hip arthroplasty procedures, as assessed by validated tools...
- An enlarging distal tibia osteochondroma in the adult patientOlimpio Galasso
Department of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, University Magna Graecia, Medical Sciences, V le Europa, Catanzaro, Italy
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 99:157-61. 2009..The tumor was successfully excised by using a transfibular approach with fibular reconstruction. No signs of recurrence were noted 2 years after surgery...
- Histopathological, clinical, and electrophysiological features influencing postoperative outcomes in carpal tunnel syndromeOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, Magna Graecia University, V le Europa, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
J Orthop Res 29:1298-304. 2011..These findings have to be considered when discussing with patients as for the expected and desired outcomes of CTS surgery. The increased vascularization of flexor tenosynovium is associated with patients' functional status...
- Physical, mechanical and pharmacological properties of coloured bone cement with and without antibioticsO Galasso
University Magna Graecia, Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, V le Europa, Catanzaro 88100, Italy
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:1529-36. 2011..001) or in combination with vancomycin (498.5 µg (SD 70) vs 613 µg (SD 25), p = 0.018) from the bone cement. This study demonstrates several theoretical disadvantages of the antibiotic-loaded bone cement coloured with methylene blue...
- Midterm results and complications after minimally invasive distal metatarsal osteotomy for treatment of hallux valgusBruno Iannò
Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, IT 88180, Italy
Foot Ankle Int 34:969-77. 2013..Minimally invasive distal metatarsal osteotomy (MIDMO) is a common technique used to correct the hallux valgus deformity, but controversy remains regarding the expected outcomes of this surgery...
- Disassembly of a distal femur modular prosthesis after tumor resectionOlimpio Galasso
Department of Medical Sciences, Division of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Magna Graecia University, School of Medicine, Catanzaro, Italy
J Arthroplasty 25:334.e5-9. 2010..In cases with a substantial amount of functional muscle excised at the time of tumor resection, adequate postoperative rehabilitation is recommended...
- Tenotomy versus Tenodesis in the treatment of the long head of biceps brachii tendon lesionsOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, Viale Europa Loc, Germaneto, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:205. 2012..Indeed, high-quality evidence is lacking, mainly because of methodological problems, such as retrospective design, population sample size or lack of patient randomization...
- Isolate metastasis of listhetic vertebraOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Magna Græcia, Catanzaro, Italy
J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil 26:255-9. 2013..Case report...
- Recent findings on the role of gelatinases (matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9) in osteoarthritisOlimpio Galasso
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, School of Medicine, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, Europa Avenue, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Adv Orthop 2012:834208. 2012..The most significant new findings over the last year that add to our knowledge of the activity of these proteins in OA have been reported...
- Simultaneous extraction and rapid visualization of peptidomic and lipidomic body fluids fingerprints using mesoporous aluminosilicate and MALDI-TOF MSMariaimmacolata Preianò
Department of Health Sciences, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Proteomics 12:3286-94. 2012....
- Expandable intramedullary nailing and platelet rich plasma to treat long bone non-unionsOlimpio Galasso
Cattedra ed Unità Operativa Complessa di Ortopedia e Traumatologia, Università degli Studi MagnaGraecia di Catanzaro, Campus S Venuta, V le Europa, 88100, Germaneto Catanzaro, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 9:129-34. 2008..Roentgenographic and functional outcomes of expandable self locking intramedullary nailing and platelet rich plasma (PRP) gel in the treatment of long bone non-unions are reported...