- Diabetes insipidusMohamad Maghnie
Department of Paediatrics, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Horm Res 59:42-54. 2003..Biopsy of enlarged pituitary stalk should be reserved for patients with a hypothalamic-pituitary mass and progressive thickening of the pituitary stalk, since spontaneous recovery may occur...
- The use of neuroimaging for assessing disorders of pituitary developmentNatascia Di Iorgi
Department of Paediatrics, IRCCS G Gaslini, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:161-76. 2012..Going forward, neuroimaging techniques are expected to progressively expand and improve our knowledge and understanding of pituitary diseases...
- The advantage of measuring spontaneous growth hormone (GH) secretion compared with the insulin tolerance test in the diagnosis of GH deficiency in young adultsGiorgio Radetti
Department of Paediatrics, Regional Hospital of Bolzano, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 67:78-84. 2007..The current GH threshold for biochemical definition of GHD in young adults is still a subject of debate...
- GH response to ghrelin in subjects with congenital GH deficiency: evidence that ghrelin action requires hypothalamic-pituitary connectionsMohamad Maghnie
Department of Paediatrics, IRCCS Giannina Gaslini, University of Genova, Largo Gerolamo Gaslini, 5, 16147 Genova, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 156:449-54. 2007..We aimed to investigate the GH-releasing effect of ghrelin in children and young adults with childhood-onset GHD...
- Idiopathic central diabetes insipidus in children and young adults is commonly associated with vasopressin-cell antibodies and markers of autoimmunityMohamad Maghnie
Department of Paediatrics, IRCCS G Gaslini Institute, University of Genova, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 65:470-8. 2006..Autoimmune targeting of hypothalamic-neurohypophyseal structures in children and young adults with posterior pituitary and anterior pituitary dysfunction, as well as pituitary stalk involvement, are not yet completely understood...
- Diabetes insipidus in craniopharyngioma: postoperative management of water and electrolyte disordersStefano Ghirardello
Department of Pediatrics, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:413-21. 2006..We review here the pathophysiology and management of the multiple fluid disorders encountered following surgery for craniopharyngiomas...
- GHRH plus arginine in the diagnosis of acquired GH deficiency of childhood-onsetMohamad Maghnie
Department of Pediatrics, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, Viale Golgi 2, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2740-4. 2002..Finally, the number of pituitary hormone deficits and the patient's age affect the GH response to GHRH plus ARG...
- Current perspective on the pathogenesis of central diabetes insipidusStefano Ghirardello
Department of Pediatrics, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:631-45. 2005..Molecular biology in selected patients may identify those with apparently idiopathic diabetes insipidus carrying the vasopressin-neurophysin II gene mutation...
- Vasopressin and desmopressin in central diabetes insipidus: adverse effects and clinical considerationsRoy J Kim
Division of Endocrinology R J K, T M, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 2:115-23. 2004..Herein we review the adverse effects of DDAVP and its predecessor, vasopressin, as well as discuss important clinical considerations when using these agents to treat central diabetes insipidus...
- Novel HESX1 mutations associated with a life-threatening neonatal phenotype, pituitary aplasia, but normally located posterior pituitary and no optic nerve abnormalitiesMarie Laure Sobrier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U654, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil F 94010, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4528-36. 2006..Very few HESX1 mutations have been identified in humans; although in those cases the disease phenotype shows considerable variability, all but one of the patients display an ectopic posterior pituitary and/or optic nerve abnormalities...
- Timing of pituitary stalk assessment in Langerhans cell histiocytosis: "when" is sometimes more important than "what"Mohamad Maghnie
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4166; author reply 4166-7. 2004
- Idiopathic central diabetes insipidus is associated with abnormal blood supply to the posterior pituitary gland caused by vascular impairment of the inferior hypophyseal artery systemMohamad Maghnie
Department of Pediatrics, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1891-6. 2004..This is in keeping with vascular impairment of the inferior hypophyseal artery system and suggests that abnormal blood supply to the posterior pituitary gland is associated with what, until now, has been considered idiopathic CDI...
- The pre-operative endocrine assessment of craniopharyngiomasNeil Hopper
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, St George s Hospital, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:325-7. 2006..We review the available published data on pre-operative endocrine dysfunction and suggest an approach to assessment and management before surgery...