- Viscosupplementation for grade II osteoarthritis of the ankle: a prospective study at 18 months' follow-upDeianira Luciani
School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Pupilli 1, Bologna, Italy
Chir Organi Mov 92:155-60. 2008..This study evaluates the results in terms of pain and disability of intra-articular injections of hyaluronan derivates into the ankle joint in patients suffering from grade II primary or secondary osteoarthritis of the ankle...
- One-stage metatarsal lengthening by allograft interposition: a novel approach for congenital brachymetatarsiaSandro Giannini
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University of Bologna, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via G C Pupilli 1, Bologna, 40136, Italy
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1933-42. 2010..Congenital brachymetatarsia, a shortened metatarsal bone, can be corrected surgically by callus distraction or one-stage lengthening using bone graft...
- Congenital hip dysplasia treated by total hip arthroplasty using cementless tapered stem in patients younger than 50 years old: results after 12-years follow-upCesare Faldini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, University of Bologna, Via G Pupilli 1, 40136, Bologna, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 12:213-8. 2011..We assessed a series of patients affected by developmental hip dysplasia treated with total hip arthroplasty using cementless tapered stem and here we report the outcomes at long-term follow-up...
- Osteosynthetic improvement of osteoporotic bone: prevention surgerySandro Giannini
II Orthopaedics and Trauma Clinic Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Clin Cases Miner Bone Metab 8:51-4. 2011..Nevertheless, a longer follow-up and a larger cohort of patients is necessary in order to verify the true effectiveness of the surgical prevention in elderly osteoporotic patients...
- The minimally invasive osteotomy "S.E.R.I." (simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive) for correction of bunionette deformitySandro Giannini
University of Bologna, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Foot Ankle Int 29:282-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to retrospectively evaluate the results of a series of 50 consecutive feet affected by symptomatic bunionette deformity treated by S.E.R.I. (simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive) osteotomy...
- Nonoperative treatment of closed displaced midshaft clavicle fracturesCesare Faldini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bologna, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via G C Pupilli 1, 40136, Bologna, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 11:229-36. 2010..The aim of this paper was to report the results of treating closed displaced midshaft clavicle fractures nonoperatively...
- Fixation of winged scapula in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophySandro Giannini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bologna, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Italy, Via G Pupilli 1, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Clin Med Res 5:155-62. 2007....
- Diagnosis of flexible flatfoot in children: a systematic clinical approachMaria Grazia Benedetti
Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Orthopedics 34:94. 2011..Functional assessment by specific tests should be included in the examination, as evidence exists that morphology and function are not necessarily related...