- Libertini G, Di Donato A. Computer-aided gene design. Protein Eng. 1992;5:821-5 pubmed..Unique restriction sites, if potentially present, can be 'forced' into the degenerated nucleic acid sequence by using 'priority codes' assigned to different restriction sequences. ..
- Libertini G, Di Donato A. Reconstruction of ancestral sequences by the inferential method, a tool for protein engineering studies. J Mol Evol. 1994;39:219-29 pubmed..g., a reconstruction of simulated sequences and a reconstruction of mammalian ribonuclease sequences. ..
- Libertini G. An adaptive theory of increasing mortality with increasing chronological age in populations in the wild. J Theor Biol. 1988;132:145-62 pubmed..In such cases, survival curves must be of type II or III of Pianka's classification (1970). It is discussed if IMICAW might be a consequence of the action of many harmful genes that express themselves tardily in the course of life. ..
- Libertini G. Phylogeny of Aging and Related Phenoptotic Phenomena. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015;80:1529-46 pubmed publisher....
- Libertini G, Ferrara N. Aging of perennial cells and organ parts according to the programmed aging paradigm. Age (Dordr). 2016;38:35 pubmed publisher..Moreover, for the two organ parts (crystalline core and tooth enamel) without viable cells or any cell turnover, it is discussed how this is entirely compatible with the programmed aging paradigm. ..
- Libertini G, Ferrara N. Possible Interventions to Modify Aging. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2016;81:1413-1428 pubmed publisher..The various steps needed for the development of such interventions are described along general lines. ..
- Libertini G. Sex and Aging: A Comparison between Two Phenoptotic Phenomena. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2017;82:1435-1455 pubmed publisher....