- Insulin modulation of an endothelial nitric oxide component present in the alpha2- and beta-adrenergic responses in human forearmG Lembo
IRCCS INM Neuromed, Pozzilli Is, Italy
J Clin Invest 100:2007-14. 1997..In conclusion, our data demonstrate an endothelial nitric oxide component in the alpha2- and beta-adrenergic vascular responses which is the target of the insulin vascular action...
- Leptin induces direct vasodilation through distinct endothelial mechanismsG Lembo
Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
Diabetes 49:293-7. 2000..Finally, the inhibition of nitric oxide synthase by NG-nitro-L-arginine-methyl ester does not modify blood pressure response to leptin, suggesting a predominant role of the EDHF mechanism in the hypotensive effect of leptin...
- Noradrenergic vascular hyper-responsiveness in human hypertension is dependent on oxygen free radical impairment of nitric oxide activityG Lembo
Istituto di Ricovera e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
Circulation 102:552-7. 2000..To evaluate whether nitric oxide plays a role in the enhanced vascular response to norepinephrine in hypertension, we examined 32 hypertensives and 28 normotensives who were distributed in 3 experimental series...
- Impaired insulin-like growth factor I vasorelaxant effects in hypertensionC Vecchione
IRCCS INM Neuromed, Pozzilli (IS, Italy
Hypertension 37:1480-5. 2001..In conclusion, our data demonstrate that IGF-I vasorelaxant properties are impaired in spontaneously hypertensive rats, suggesting that such defect may play a causative or permissive role in the development of hypertensive conditions...
- Lack of effect of insulin on glucose utilization of the hypothalamus in normotensive and hypertensive ratsF Orzi
INM Neuromed, Research Laboratories, Pozzilli Is, Italy
Neurosci Lett 278:29-32. 2000..The results show that insulin has no effect on any of the brain areas examined including the hypothalamus, of both WKY and SHR rats. The two strains of rats have comparable cerebral metabolic rates also under basal conditions...
- A novel mechanism of action for statins against diabetes-induced oxidative stressC Vecchione
Department of Angio Cardio Neurology, IRCCS Neuromed, Localita Camerelle, 86077, Pozzilli Is, Italy
Diabetologia 50:874-80. 2007..The aim of the present study was to determine whether Rac-1 is involved in the effect of atorvastatin on oxidative stress and vascular dysfunction...