Affiliation: Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica
- Uncemented primary total hip arthroplasty, presentation of pain, and expression of osteonectinAlina Beraudi
Medical Technology Laboratory, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Artif Organs 37:561-6. 2013..Our results suggest that cases of unexplained pain in THJR patients could be treated by paying special attention to the osseointegration status of the implant by using ON concentration as an early indicator of this status...
- Assessment of five interleukins in human synovial fluid as possible markers for aseptic loosening of hip arthroplastyAlina Beraudi
Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Artif Organs 33:538-43. 2009..These results are a step forward to elucidating the complex network of events that are involved in loosening of hip implants...
- Osteon classification in human fibular shaft by circularly polarized lightAlina Beraudi
Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Cells Tissues Organs 191:260-8. 2010..This observation seems to confirm that along the fibula shaft the orientation of collagen fibers within the osteons is consistent with the loading conditions which the bone undergoes...
- Ceramic debris in hip prosthesis: correlation between synovial fluid and joint capsuleDalila De Pasquale
Medical Technology Laboratory, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
J Arthroplasty 28:838-41. 2013..It resulted a significant correlation between the samples couples (18 out of 21). This study confirms that the synovial fluid analysis can give a clear definition of the presence of particles in the joint capsule...
- Synovial fluid microanalysis allows early diagnosis of ceramic hip prosthesis damageSusanna Stea
Medical Technology Lab, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
J Orthop Res 30:1312-20. 2012..On the contrary there is not enough evidence to predict ceramic failure in presence of mild positivity...
- Detection of cobalt in synovial fluid from metal-on-metal hip prosthesis: correlation with the ion haematic levelAlina Beraudi
Medical Technology Laboratory, PROMETEO Laboratory, Rizzoli RIT Department Research, Innovation and Technology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Biomarkers 18:699-705. 2013..847) and serum (p = 0.855). Moreover, the Co levels into whole blood and serum were significantly different. In conclusion, haematic Co concentration correctly reflects Co local level...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 expression in synovial fluid of patients with total hip arthroplastyMonica Montesi
Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Artif Organs 36:487-91. 2012....
- Re-use of explanted osteosynthesis devices: a reliable and inexpensive reprocessing protocolValentina Danesi
Medical Technology Lab, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Injury 42:1101-6. 2011..The purpose of this study is to report a reprocessing protocol applied to explanted osteosynthesis devices obtained at a leading trauma care hospital...