- Amenorrhea after weight recover in anorexia nervosa: role of body composition and endocrine abnormalitiesF Jacoangeli
Department of Internal Medicine, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Eat Weight Disord 11:e20-6. 2006..Hypothalamic amenorrhea in anorexia nervosa often precedes weight loss and may persist after re-feeding and restoration of a stable normal weight...
- Densitometric evaluation in women with anorexia nervosaS Masala
Department of Radiology, University of Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, I 00133, Rome, Italy
Acta Diabetol 40:S177-9. 2003..With QCT as a reference method because of its sensitivity, we found one false-negative, one false-positive, and two misdiagnosed cases. We suggest some correction factors to improve DXA evaluation and screening of bone loss in AN...
- Osteoporosis and anorexia nervosa: relative role of endocrine alterations and malnutritionF Jacoangeli
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Eat Weight Disord 7:190-5. 2002..The aim of this study was to identify the best endocrinological and nutritional indicators of bone density...
- Body composition phenotype: Italian Mediterranean Diet and C677T MTHFR gene polymorphism interactionL di Renzo
Division of Clinical Nutrition and Nutrigenomic, Department of Biomedicine and Prevention, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:2555-65. 2013..The aim of the study was to examine the impact of the C677T MTHFR gene Polymorphism on body composition changes induced by a balanced hypocaloric Italian Mediterannean diet (IMD)...
- Rapid and easy assessment of insulin resistance contributes to early detection of polycystic ovary syndromeM Rizzo
Department of Biomedicine and Preventative Medicine, Division of Human Nutrition, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 36:527-30. 2013..Insulin resistance (IR) is key to the pathophysiology of PCOS, and early detection may improve outcomes in this patient group. Rapid and straightforward laboratory tests may contribute towards early detection...
- Defecatory disorders in anorexia nervosa: a clinical studyP Sileri
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133, Rome, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 18:439-44. 2014..Defecatory disorders in patients with eating disorders have been overlooked. We evaluated the prevalence and type of defecatory disorders in patients with anorexia nervosa...