Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- Testa U, Castelli G, Pelosi E. Lung Cancers: Molecular Characterization, Clonal Heterogeneity and Evolution, and Cancer Stem Cells. Cancers (Basel). 2018;10: pubmed publisher..Molecular studies performed on lung tumors during treatment have shown the phenomenon of clonal evolution, thus supporting the occurrence of a temporal tumor heterogeneity. ..
- Testa U, Pelosi E, Castelli G, Labbaye C. miR-146 and miR-155: Two Key Modulators of Immune Response and Tumor Development. Noncoding RNA. 2017;3: pubmed publisher..The demonstration that miR-155 overexpression plays a key pathogenic role in some lymphomas and acute myeloid leukemias has led to the development of an antagomir-based approach as a new promising therapeutic strategy. ..
- Testa U, Pelosi E, Castelli G. Colorectal cancer: genetic abnormalities, tumor progression, tumor heterogeneity, clonal evolution and tumor-initiating cells. Med Sci (Basel). 2018;6: pubmed publisher..Colon cancer stem cells seem to be involved in tumor chemoresistance, radioresistance and relapse. ..
- Testa U. Fetal hemoglobin chemical inducers for treatment of hemoglobinopathies. Ann Hematol. 2009;88:505-28 pubmed publisher..The increase in HbF in response to these drugs varies among patients with beta-thalassemia and sickle cell disease due to individual genetic determinants. ..
- Saulle E, Petronelli A, Pelosi E, Coppotelli E, Pasquini L, Ilari R, et al. PML-RAR alpha induces the downmodulation of HHEX: a key event responsible for the induction of an angiogenetic response. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:33 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that HHEX downmodulation by PML-RAR? is a key event during APL pathogenesis. ..
- Castelli G, Parolini I, Cerio A, D AngiÃ² A, Pasquini L, Carollo M, et al. Conditioned medium from human umbilical vein endothelial cells markedly improves the proliferation and differentiation of circulating endothelial progenitors. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2016;61:58-65 pubmed publisher..These observations provided the interesting indication that mature ECs exert a stimulatory effect on endothelial cell differentiation from CD34(+) cells. ..
- Pelosi E, Castelli G, Testa U. Pancreatic Cancer: Molecular Characterization, Clonal Evolution and Cancer Stem Cells. Biomedicines. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..The study of these cells could contribute to the identification and clinical development of more efficacious drug treatments. ..
- Mastrangelo D, Pelosi E, Castelli G, Lo Coco F, Testa U. Mechanisms of anti-cancer effects of ascorbate: Cytotoxic activity and epigenetic modulation. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2018;69:57-64 pubmed publisher..Pre-clinical studies have led to identify tumors sensitive to Ascorbate that could potentially benefit from this treatment either through an epigenetic modulator effect or through tumor killing by oxidative stress. ..
- Testa U, Castelli G, Pelosi E. Esophageal Cancer: Genomic and Molecular Characterization, Stem Cell Compartment and Clonal Evolution. Medicines (Basel). 2017;4: pubmed publisher..The reviewed studies suggest that current molecular and cellular characterization of EAC and ESCC should serve as background for development of new treatment strategies. ..
- Castelli G, Pelosi E, Testa U. Liver Cancer: Molecular Characterization, Clonal Evolution and Cancer Stem Cells. Cancers (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisher..The identification and definition of liver cancer stem cells requires both immunophenotypic and functional properties. ..