Anna Velia Stazi
Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- [Reproductive aspects of celiac disease]Anna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Reparto di Tossicologia Genetica Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Universita degli Studi La Sapienza, Roma
Ann Ital Med Int 20:143-57. 2005..Therefore, the detection of early biomarkers, such as deficiencies of vitamins and/or iron and andrological or endocrinological dysfunctions, should trigger timely strategies for prevention and treatment...
- [Possible animal models of endocrine, immune and reproductive complications of celiac disease]A V Stazi
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Laboratorio di Tossicologia Comparata ed Ecotossicologia, Rome, Italy
Minerva Med 93:457-70. 2002....
- [Celiac disease and its endocrine and nutritional implications on male reproduction]A V Stazi
Laboratorio di Tossicologia Comparata ed Ecotossicologia, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Minerva Med 95:243-54. 2004..Therefore, CD male patients should be considered as vulnerable subjects; thus, the detection of early biomarkers of andrological or endocrinological dysfunctions should trigger timely strategies for prevention and treatment...
- [Reproduction, endocrine disorders and celiac disease: risk factors of osteoporosis]A V Stazi
Reparto di Tossicologia Genetica, Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome
Minerva Med 97:191-203. 2006..Thus, to prevent damages such as osteoporosis, early CD screening among people with reproductive problems is necessary...
- [Coeliac disease and reproduction: possible in vivo models]Anna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento di Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Roma
Ann Ist Super Sanita 41:523-31. 2005..These models could be used to study reproductive aspects. This is desirable because a new model for dermatitis herpetiformis tightly associated with CD, that uses HLA-DQ8 transgenic NOD mice, has already been identified...
- Risk of osteoporosis in endocrine disorders and celiac diseaseAnna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 43:430-3. 2007..The direct effect on the bones of CD is secondary to poor absorption of calcium and vitamin D. These endocrine and non-endocrine factors exert their effects on bones by modulating the RANK/RANK-L/OPG system...
- Osteoporosis in celiac disease and in endocrine and reproductive disordersAnna Velia Stazi
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Department of Environment and Primary Prevention, Unit of Genetic Toxicology, 299 Viale Regina Elena, Rome 00161, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 14:498-505. 2008..An appropriate lifestyle from adolescence onwards, together with early diagnosis of and treatment for CD and primary and secondary endocrine pathologies are important for the prevention of damage to the bones...
- Long-lasting effects of lindane on mouse spermatogenesis induced by in utero exposureMaria Elsa Traina
Laboratory of Environmental Hygiene, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 17:25-35. 2003....
- Histological and histomorphometric alterations in thyroid and adrenals of CD rat pups exposed in utero to methyl thiophanateFrancesca Maranghi
Laboratory of Comparative Toxicology and Ecotoxicology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299 00161 Rome, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 17:617-23. 2003..The adrenal cortex relative area was slightly decreased (PND 10-top dose and PND 23-both doses).MT may act as weak endocrine disrupter, suggesting that attention should be paid to delayed endocrine alterations elicited by agrochemicals...
- Birth defects and folates: summary of the Italian workshop (December, 2001)Domenica Taruscio
National Center on Rare Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanit, Rome, Italy
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:457-9. 2003
- Selenium status and over-expression of interleukin-15 in celiac disease and autoimmune thyroid diseasesAnna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento di Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 46:389-99. 2010..Considering the complexity of this interaction and on the basis of available evidence, the aim of this review is to assess as preventive and therapeutic target the role of IL-15 and selenium in the pathogeneses of both CD and AITD...