Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- [Micronutrient deficiencies in osteoporosis]A V Stazi
Unit of Genetic Tossicology, Environment Department and Primary PreventionIstituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome, Italy
Minerva Med 104:455-70. 2013..This article is intended to contribute to the knowledge of exogenous risk factors in osteoporosis, with special consideration to the role of micronutrient deficiencies. ..
- Selenium status and over-expression of interleukin-15 in celiac disease and autoimmune thyroid diseasesAnna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento di Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 46:389-99. 2010..Considering the complexity of this interaction and on the basis of available evidence, the aim of this review is to assess as preventive and therapeutic target the role of IL-15 and selenium in the pathogeneses of both CD and AITD...
- [Selenium deficiency in celiac disease: risk of autoimmune thyroid diseases]A V Stazi
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Reparto di Tossicologia Genetica, Roma, Italy
Minerva Med 99:643-53. 2008..In view of the role played by SeP in apoptosis inhibition, the presence of environmental factors such as selenium deficiency can be considered an important direct factor of thyroidal damage in development of AITD...
- Risk of osteoporosis in endocrine disorders and celiac diseaseAnna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 43:430-3. 2007..The direct effect on the bones of CD is secondary to poor absorption of calcium and vitamin D. These endocrine and non-endocrine factors exert their effects on bones by modulating the RANK/RANK-L/OPG system...
- Osteoporosis in celiac disease and in endocrine and reproductive disordersAnna Velia Stazi
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Department of Environment and Primary Prevention, Unit of Genetic Toxicology, 299 Viale Regina Elena, Rome 00161, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 14:498-505. 2008..An appropriate lifestyle from adolescence onwards, together with early diagnosis of and treatment for CD and primary and secondary endocrine pathologies are important for the prevention of damage to the bones...
- [Coeliac disease and reproduction: possible in vivo models]Anna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento di Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Roma
Ann Ist Super Sanita 41:523-31. 2005..These models could be used to study reproductive aspects. This is desirable because a new model for dermatitis herpetiformis tightly associated with CD, that uses HLA-DQ8 transgenic NOD mice, has already been identified...
- [Reproductive aspects of celiac disease]Anna Velia Stazi
Dipartimento Ambiente e Connessa Prevenzione Primaria, Reparto di Tossicologia Genetica Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Universita degli Studi La Sapienza, Roma
Ann Ital Med Int 20:143-57. 2005..Therefore, the detection of early biomarkers, such as deficiencies of vitamins and/or iron and andrological or endocrinological dysfunctions, should trigger timely strategies for prevention and treatment...
- Histological and histomorphometric alterations in thyroid and adrenals of CD rat pups exposed in utero to methyl thiophanateFrancesca Maranghi
Laboratory of Comparative Toxicology and Ecotoxicology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299 00161 Rome, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 17:617-23. 2003..The adrenal cortex relative area was slightly decreased (PND 10-top dose and PND 23-both doses).MT may act as weak endocrine disrupter, suggesting that attention should be paid to delayed endocrine alterations elicited by agrochemicals...
- Birth defects and folates: summary of the Italian workshop (December, 2001)Domenica Taruscio
National Center on Rare Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:457-9. 2003
- Long-lasting effects of lindane on mouse spermatogenesis induced by in utero exposureMaria Elsa Traina
Laboratory of Environmental Hygiene, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 17:25-35. 2003....