Affiliation: Istituto Nazionale Tumori
- Stacchiotti S, Sommer J. Building a global consensus approach to chordoma: a position paper from the medical and patient community. Lancet Oncol. 2015;16:e71-83 pubmed publisher..The consensus reached at that meeting is shown in this position paper. ..
- Tazzari M, Palassini E, Vergani B, Villa A, Rini F, Negri T, et al. Melan-A/MART-1 immunity in a EWS-ATF1 translocated clear cell sarcoma patient treated with sunitinib: a case report. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:58 pubmed publisher..Thus, manipulation of the immune response may have therapeutic potential for this STS subtype and immunotherapy approaches, can be promising therapeutic options for these patients. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Astolfi A, Gronchi A, Fontana A, Pantaleo M, Negri T, et al. Evolution of Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans to DFSP-Derived Fibrosarcoma: An Event Marked by Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition-like Process and 22q Loss. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:820-9 pubmed publisher..Chromosome 22q deletion might play a role in FS-DFSP, and p16 loss may convey a poor outcome. EZH2 dysregulation was also found and represents a druggable target. Mol Cancer Res; 14(9); 820-9. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Provenzano S, Dagrada G, Negri T, Brich S, Basso U, et al. Sirolimus in Advanced Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma: A Retrospective Case-Series Analysis from the Italian Rare Cancer Network Database. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:2735-44 pubmed publisher..A clinical benefit was achieved in 56 % of patients receiving sirolimus, which lasted >24 months in four patients. Most patients with pleural effusion did not benefit from sirolimus and had a poor outcome. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Pedeutour F, Negri T, Conca E, Marrari A, Palassini E, et al. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans-derived fibrosarcoma: clinical history, biological profile and sensitivity to imatinib. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1761-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DFSP-derived FS maintains the fusion-gene, being sensitive to imatinib. However, responses are short-lasting. Secondary resistance to imatinib is not related to PDGFRB. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Marrari A, Tamborini E, Palassini E, Virdis E, Messina A, et al. Response to imatinib plus sirolimus in advanced chordoma. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:1886-94 pubmed publisher..Imatinib (IM) is active in advanced chordoma. The evidence of upstream and/or downstream mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway activation prompted us to combine an mTOR inhibitor, sirolimus, to IM in IM-resistant advanced chordoma...
- Stacchiotti S, Saponara M, Frapolli R, Tortoreto M, Cominetti D, Provenzano S, et al. Patient-derived solitary fibrous tumour xenografts predict high sensitivity to doxorubicin/dacarbazine combination confirmed in the clinic and highlight the potential effectiveness of trabectedin or eribulin against this tumour. Eur J Cancer. 2017;76:84-92 pubmed publisher..Among additional drugs tested in the PDXs, trabectedin and eribulin were highly effective, providing a rational to test these drugs in D-SFT patients. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Casali P, Lo Vullo S, Mariani L, Palassini E, Mercuri M, et al. Chordoma of the mobile spine and sacrum: a retrospective analysis of a series of patients surgically treated at two referral centers. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:211-9 pubmed publisher..Chordoma is a rare tumor, and its natural history is still not well known...
- Stacchiotti S, Tamborini E, Lo Vullo S, Bozzi F, Messina A, Morosi C, et al. Phase II study on lapatinib in advanced EGFR-positive chordoma. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:1931-6 pubmed publisher..To report on a prospective, investigator-driven, phase II study on lapatinib in epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-positive advanced chordoma patients...
- Stacchiotti S, Verderio P, Messina A, Morosi C, Collini P, Llombart Bosch A, et al. Tumor response assessment by modified Choi criteria in localized high-risk soft tissue sarcoma treated with chemotherapy. Cancer. 2012;118:5857-66 pubmed publisher..Choi criteria were better predictors than RECIST in patients who received preoperative chemotherapy alone. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Casali P. Systemic therapy options for unresectable and metastatic chordomas. Curr Oncol Rep. 2011;13:323-30 pubmed publisher..However, systemic therapy is needed in patients non-amenable to surgery and/or radiation therapy. We reviewed systemic treatments currently available, and targets possibly druggable in the future in this orphan disease...
- Stacchiotti S, Longhi A, Ferraresi V, Grignani G, Comandone A, Stupp R, et al. Phase II study of imatinib in advanced chordoma. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:914-20 pubmed publisher..To explore the antitumor activity of imatinib in patients with advanced platelet-derived growth factor ? (PDGFB)/PDGF receptor ? (PDGFRB)-positive chordomas...