M L Scattoni
Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- Characterization of neonatal vocal and motor repertoire of reelin mutant miceEmilia Romano
Behavioural Neuroscience Section, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e64407. 2013..Overall, our results evidence a genotype-dependent deviation in ultrasonic vocal repertoire and a general delay in motor development in reelin mutant pups...
- Haploinsufficiency of the autism-associated Shank3 gene leads to deficits in synaptic function, social interaction, and social communicationOzlem Bozdagi
Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Autism 1:15. 2010..abstract:..
- Prenatal chlorpyrifos exposure alters motor behavior and ultrasonic vocalization in CD-1 mouse pupsAldina Venerosi
Section of Neurotoxicology and Neuroendocrinology Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Roma, Italy
Environ Health 8:12. 2009..So far, few data are available on the potential short- and long-term adverse effects in children deriving from low-level exposures during prenatal life and infancy...
- Unusual repertoire of vocalizations in adult BTBR T+tf/J mice during three types of social encountersM L Scattoni
Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Genes Brain Behav 10:44-56. 2011..Moreover, our findings in adults are consistent with previous results in pups, showing an unusual vocal repertoire in BTBR as compared with B6...
- Early behavioural markers of disease in P301S tau transgenic miceMaria Luisa Scattoni
Neurotoxicology and Neuroendocrinology Section, Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Behav Brain Res 208:250-7. 2010..Behavioural abnormalities can be detected well before occurrence of neurodegeneration in this transgenic strain, thus representing precocious markers of pathology...
- Unusual repertoire of vocalizations in the BTBR T+tf/J mouse model of autismMaria Luisa Scattoni
Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3067. 2008..Particularly intriguing is the unusual pattern of vocalizations and the more frequent, loud harmonics evident in the BTBR mouse model of autism that may resemble the atypical vocalizations seen in some autistic infants...
- Does age matter? Behavioral and neuro-anatomical effects of neonatal and adult basal forebrain cholinergic lesionsPaola De Bartolo
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis 20:207-27. 2010....
- Reduced ultrasonic vocalizations in vasopressin 1b knockout miceM L Scattoni
Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Behav Brain Res 187:371-8. 2008..These results indicate that Avpr1b null mutant mice are impaired in the modulation of ultrasonic vocalizations within different social contexts at infant and adult ages...
- Behavioral and electrophysiological effects of the adenosine A2A receptor antagonist SCH 58261 in R6/2 Huntington's disease miceM R Domenici
Department of Drug Research and Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 28:197-205. 2007....
- Adenosine A2A receptor blockade before striatal excitotoxic lesions prevents long term behavioural disturbances in the quinolinic rat model of Huntington's diseaseMaria Luisa Scattoni
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, I 00161 Rome, Italy
Behav Brain Res 176:216-21. 2007..These findings extend to the behavioural parameters the protective effects of SCH 58261 in the QA model of Huntington's disease...
- Basal forebrain cholinergic lesions in 7-day-old rats alter ultrasound vocalisations and homing behaviourMaria Luisa Scattoni
Section of Behavioural Neurosciences, Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, I 00161 Rome, Italy
Behav Brain Res 161:169-72. 2005..These data suggest that early damage to the basal forebrain cholinergic nuclei induces significant changes in the rat behavioural repertoire as early as the second-postnatal week...
- Effects of the food contaminant semicarbazide following oral administration in juvenile Sprague-Dawley ratsF Maranghi
Food and Veterinary Toxicology Unit, Department of Food Safety and Veterinary Public Health, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Food Chem Toxicol 47:472-9. 2009..SEM administration during juvenile period exerted pleiotropic effects and further studies are suggested to elucidate mechanisms...
- The female urine sniffing test: a novel approach for assessing reward-seeking behavior in rodentsOz Malkesman
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:864-71. 2010..We describe a novel approach for monitoring reward-seeking behavior in rodents: sniffing of estrus female urine by male mice, along with number of ultrasonic vocalizations (USVs) emitted during the test...
- Ultrasonic vocalizations: a tool for behavioural phenotyping of mouse models of neurodevelopmental disordersMaria Luisa Scattoni
Section of Neurotoxicology and Neuroendocrinology, Department of Cell Biology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, I 00161 Rome, Italy
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 33:508-15. 2009....
- The cannabinoid receptor agonist WIN 55,212-2 attenuates the effects induced by quinolinic acid in the rat striatumA Pintor
Department of Drug Research and Evaluation, Central Nervous System Pharmacology Division, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Neuropharmacology 51:1004-12. 2006..These data demonstrate that the stimulation of CB(1) receptors might lead to neuroprotective effects against excitotoxic striatal toxicity...
- Reduced social interaction, behavioural flexibility and BDNF signalling in the BTBR T+ tf/J strain, a mouse model of autismM L Scattoni
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299 I 00161 Rome, Italy
Behav Brain Res 251:35-40. 2013....
- Cognitive and neurological deficits induced by early and prolonged basal forebrain cholinergic hypofunction in ratsLaura Ricceri
Section of Behavioural Neurosciences, Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Exp Neurol 189:162-72. 2004....
- Introductory keynote. The state of the art in animal experimentationEnrico Alleva
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e Neuroscienze, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 40:151-5. 2004....
- Opposite effects of the A2A receptor agonist CGS21680 in the striatum of Huntington's disease versus wild-type miceAlberto Martire
Department of Therapeutic Research and Medicines Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Neurosci Lett 417:78-83. 2007..At the same age, the behavioural effects elicited by CGS21680 were qualitatively identical in WT and HD mice. These findings may have very important implications for the neuroprotective potential of A(2A)R ligands in HD...
- Neonatal basal forebrain cholinergic hypofunction affects ultrasonic vocalizations and fear conditioning responses in preweaning ratsLaura Ricceri
Section of Behavioural Neuroscience, Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Behav Brain Res 183:111-7. 2007..These results suggest that early selective removal of the cholinergic basal forebrain paradoxically enhances hippocampally dependent fear-conditioned responses on pnd 19...
- Neonatal cholinergic lesions and development of exploration upon administration of the GABAa receptor agonist muscimol in preweaning ratsM L Scattoni
Section of Comparative Psychology, Laboratory of Pathophysiology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, V le Regina Elena 299, Rome 00161, Italy
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 76:213-21. 2003..Neonatal cholinergic lesions, however, do not appear to alter reactivity to GABAergic agonists in juvenile rats...