Affiliation: Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the parotid gland: report of a case with fine needle aspiration cytologySiavash Rahimi
Histopathology Service, Ospedale San Carlo Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Sanità, Rome, Italy
Acta Cytol 48:574-6. 2004..To the best of our knowledge, fine needle aspiration cytologic findings in parotid inflammatory pseudotumor have not been reported previously...
- Endometrial lymphoepitheliomalike carcinoma: absence of Epstein-Barr virus genomesS Rahimi
Department of Pathology, Ospedale San Carlo IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:532-5. 2007..The patient did not receive chemotherapy and is alive and free of disease 24 month after diagnosis. LELC can occur in the endometrium and in this location may not be associated with EBV infection...
- Comparison of conventional Papanicolaou smears and fluid-based, thin-layer cytology with colposcopic biopsy control in central Italy: a consecutive sampling study of 461 casesSiavash Rahimi
Division of Pathology, Ospedale San Carlo IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 37:1-3. 2009..The positive predictive values were 33.33% for CP and 25.0% for TP regarding the LSIL diagnosis and 100% for both CP and TP regarding HSIL and SCC diagnoses. Our results may be influenced by the consecutive sampling procedure...
- Endometrial polyps and the risk of atypical hyperplasia on biopsies of unremarkable endometrium: a study on 694 patients with benign endometrial polypsSiavash Rahimi
Division of Pathology, Ospedale San Carlo IDI IRCCS, Via Aurelia 275 00165, Rome, Italy
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:522-8. 2009..Polypectomy should be combined with a histopathologic evaluation of the background endometrium, particularly in women with higher-risk characteristics...
- The impact of superficial injections of radiocolloids and dynamic lymphoscintigraphy on sentinel node identification in oral cavity cancer: a same-day protocolGirolamo Tartaglione
Nuclear Medicine Department, Cristo Re Hospital, Rome, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 29:318-22. 2008..To evaluate the role of dynamic lymphoscintigraphy with a same-day protocol for sentinel node biopsy in oral cavity cancer...
- Possible involvement of hMLH1, p16(INK4a) and PTEN in the malignant transformation of endometriosisMaurizio Martini
Department of Pathology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 102:398-406. 2002....
- Rapid detection of clarithromycin resistance in Helicobacter pylori using a PCR-based denaturing HPLC assayPatrizia Posteraro
Laboratory of Clinical Pathology and Microbiology, Ospedale San Carlo Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, Rome, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:71-8. 2006..We evaluated a new approach for the rapid detection of clarithromycin resistance in Helicobacter pylori, based on PCR and denaturing HPLC (DHPLC)...
- Lymphoscintigraphy and radioguided sentinel node biopsy in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma: same day protocolMaurizio Giovanni Vigili
Department of Otolaryngology, San Carlo IDI IRCCS Hospital Rome, Via Aurelia 275, 00165, Rome, Italy
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:163-7. 2007..This protocol is designed to detect SNs, which are almost always on neck level I and II, thereby limiting the number of nodes examined and the extension of the surgical approach...
- A study on metals content in patients with colorectal polypsAlessandro Alimonti
Department of Environment and Primary Prevention, Italian National Institute of Health, Rome, Italy
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:342-7. 2008....