Affiliation: Istituto Nazionale Tumori
- Treatment of collecting duct carcinoma: current status and future perspectivesGiuseppe Procopio
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, 20133, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 34:1027-30. 2014..Chemotherapy for collecting duct carcinoma (CDC) has demonstrated only limited efficacy in the advanced setting. The present study evaluated the activity of targeted therapies in metastatic CDC...
- Sorafenib tolerability in elderly patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma: results from a large pooled analysisG Procopio
Department of Medical Oncology 1, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 108:311-8. 2013..Using this database, sorafenib tolerability and treatment patterns were analysed according to age group (<55, 55-<65, 65-<75, or ≥ 75 years)...
- Prognostic factors for survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with targeted therapiesG Procopio
Department of Medical Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 107:1227-32. 2012..The most important prognostic factors for survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) were evaluated in the era of cytokine therapy, and only recently were revalidating in patients receiving targeted therapies (TTs)...
- Optimizing further treatment choices in short- and long-term responders to first-line therapy for patients with advanced renal cell carcinomaGiuseppe Procopio
Department of Medical Oncology, Unit 2, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Veneziani 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 12:1089-96. 2012....
- Is there a role for targeted therapies in the collecting ducts of Bellini carcinoma? Efficacy data from a retrospective analysis of 7 casesGiuseppe Procopio
Oncology Unit 1, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori Milano, Milan, Italy
Clin Exp Nephrol 16:464-7. 2012..Few data so far available concern the subgroup analyses from the expanded access programs with sorafenib and sunitinib, and from temsirolimus randomized study...
- Targeted therapies used sequentially in metastatic renal cell cancer: overall results from a large experienceGiuseppe Procopio
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Medical Oncology, Via G Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 11:1631-40. 2011..These findings support the use of targeted therapies in the treatment of RCC, even in a large unselected population from a single institution, and suggest that treatment should be tailored to meet individual circumstances and needs...
- Role of sorafenib in renal cell carcinoma: focus on elderly patientsGiuseppe Procopio
Fondazione Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 11:1689-92. 2011..This article will discuss the current role of sorafenib in the treatment of elderly patients with renal cell carcinoma...
- Lecture: management of chemotherapy-induced febrile neutropenia; guidelines and colony stimulating factorsGiuseppe Procopio
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 32:S217-9. 2011....
- Sorafenib with interleukin-2 vs sorafenib alone in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: the ROSORC trialG Procopio
Department of Medical Oncology, Unit 2, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Venezian, Milan 1 20133, Italy
Br J Cancer 104:1256-61. 2011..Preclinical investigations support combining sorafenib with IL-2 in the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC)...
- Low dose of ketoconazole in patients with prostate adenocarcinoma resistant to pharmacological castrationGiuseppe Procopio
Department of Medical Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori of Milan, Milan, Italy
BJU Int 108:223-7. 2011..To assess the efficacy of ketoconazole in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)...
- Overall survival for sorafenib plus interleukin-2 compared with sorafenib alone in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC): final results of the ROSORC trialG Procopio
Department of Medical Oncology, Unit 1, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan
Ann Oncol 24:2967-71. 2013..Updated overall survival (OS) results are reported...
- Is the new WHO classification of neuroendocrine tumours useful for selecting an appropriate treatment?E Bajetta
Medical Oncology Unit 2, ITMO Group, Nuclear Medicine, Department of Statistics, Department of Pathology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan
Ann Oncol 16:1374-80. 2005..The aim of this trial was to apply the new classification criteria in clinical practice and, accordingly, to choose the most appropriate treatment...
- Efficacy of a chemotherapy combination for the treatment of metastatic neuroendocrine tumoursE Bajetta
Medical Oncology Unit B, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori di Milano, Italy
Ann Oncol 13:614-21. 2002..The present study aimed to assess in a multidisciplinary manner the efficacy of the same regimen at intensified doses in patients with advanced NETs...
- Advances in diagnosis and therapy of neuroendocrine tumorsE Bajetta
Operative Unit of Medical Oncology B, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 1:371-81. 2001..Chemotherapy is the best choice in the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors characterized by a poor differentiation grade and a high proliferation rate...
- Prognostic and predictive value of centrally reviewed Ki-67 labeling index in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer: results from Breast International Group Trial 1-98 comparing adjuvant tamoxifen with letrozoleGiuseppe Viale
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:5569-75. 2008..To evaluate the prognostic and predictive value of Ki-67 labeling index (LI) in a trial comparing letrozole (Let) with tamoxifen (Tam) as adjuvant therapy in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer...
- [Radioisotopic imaging of neuroendocrine tumours. Which radiopharmaceutical and which diagnostic procedure?]E Bombardieri
Unità Operativa Medicina Nucleare, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Milano, Milan, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 26:197-213. 2001..Aim of this review is to summarize the potential of nuclear medicine techniques in the diagnosis of neuroendocrine tumours and to stresses the renewed role of nuclear medicine in the management of this disease...
- Fluoropyrimidines in the treatment of advanced neoplastic diseases: role and advantages of UFTM del Vecchio
Division of Medical Oncology B, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Tumori 85:6-11. 1999..Phase III trials are ongoing to evaluate the advantage on 5-FU of this new fluoropyrimidine in terms of clinical efficacy, and quality of life, considering the possibility to administer it orally...
- Accuracy and clinical correlates of two different methods for chromogranin A assay in neuroendocrine tumorsL Ferrari
Nuclear Medicine Unit, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Biol Markers 19:295-304. 2004..This makes it difficult to compare CgA values measured with different kits and affects the clinical accuracy of the different assays for CgA...