Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Istituto di Ricerca Sulle Acque
- Inhibiting effects of chloroform on anaerobic microbial consortia as monitored by the Rantox biosensorA Pollice
CNR, Istituto di Ricerca Sulle Acque, Viale F De Blasio 5 70123 Bari, Italy
Water Res 35:1179-90. 2001..The results showed good sensitivity and rapid response of the biosensor to feed intoxication. The presence of chloroform was detected by the Rantox with a rapid and visible response, and well in advance with respect to the digester...
- Influence of aeration and sludge retention time on ammonium oxidation to nitrite and nitrateAlfieri Pollice
CNR, Istituto di Ricerca Sulle Acque, Bari, Italy
Water Res 36:2541-6. 2002..Therefore, the aeration pattern is proposed as an alternative parameter to the sludge retention time for controlling ammonium oxidation to nitrite...
- Biomass growth and activity in a membrane bioreactor with complete sludge retentionAlfieri Pollice
CNR Istituto di Ricerca Sulle Acque, Viale F De Blasio, n 5 Zona Ind, Bari 70123, Italy
Water Res 38:1799-808. 2004..12 g VSSgCOD(rem)(-1)) and low biomass activity, although it readily responded to load variations. Further work is being carried out to evaluate the performance over the long term...
- Tertiary filtered municipal wastewater as alternative water source in agriculture: a field investigation in Southern ItalyA Pollice
CNR Istituto di Ricerca Sulle Acque, Viale F De Blasio n 5, 70123 Bari, Italy
Sci Total Environ 324:201-10. 2004..The whole results indicate membrane filtered municipal effluent as a viable alternative water resource for irrigation...
- Effects of complete sludge retention on biomass build-up in a membrane bioreactorA Pollice
CNR IRSA, Viale F De Blasio 5, 70123 Bari, Italy
Water Sci Technol 52:369-75. 2005..12 gCOD gTSS(-1) d(-1) in the two periods. Moreover, the system showed very limited sludge production under equilibrium conditions (0.12 gVSS gCOD(rem)(-1) and low biomass activity, although it readily responded to load variations...
- Metaproteomics Applied to Activated Sludge for Industrial Wastewater Treatment Revealed a Dominant Methylotrophic Metabolism of Hyphomicrobium zavarziniiCarlo Salerno
Water Research Institute, Viale F De Blasio 5, 70132, Bari, Italy
Microb Ecol 72:9-13. 2016..Other identified proteins belonging to Hyphomicrobium spp. revealed a predominant methylotrophic metabolism, and H. zavarzinii appeared as a key actor in the studied microbial community. ..
- Isolation of Squarebop I bacteriorhodopsin from biomass of coastal salternsSimona Lobasso
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
Protein Expr Purif 84:73-9. 2012..The possibility of using the concentrated biomass of salterns, as renewable resource for the isolation of functional bacteriorhodopsin and possibly other valuable bioproducts, is briefly discussed...
- Metaproteome analysis of sewage sludge from membrane bioreactorsRamona Kuhn
IRSA CNR, Water Research Institute, Bari, Italy
Proteomics 11:2738-44. 2011..Although the identification of proteins from ammonia-oxidizing bacterium Nitrosomonas europaea was expected, the detection of a protein with homology to the marine bacterium Saprospira grandis in MBR1 was surprising...