Affiliation: Istituto Nazionale Tumori
- Pietrantonio F, Vernieri C, Siravegna G, Mennitto A, Berenato R, Perrone F, et al. Heterogeneity of Acquired Resistance to Anti-EGFR Monoclonal Antibodies in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:2414-2422 pubmed publisher..i>Clin Cancer Res; 23(10); 2414-22. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Caporale M, Morano F, Scartozzi M, Gloghini A, De Vita F, et al. HER2 loss in HER2-positive gastric or gastroesophageal cancer after trastuzumab therapy: Implication for further clinical research. Int J Cancer. 2016;139:2859-2864 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon may be one of the biological reasons explaining the failure of anti-HER2 second-line strategies in initially HER2-positive disease. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Berenato R, Maggi C, Caporale M, Milione M, Perrone F, et al. GNAS mutations as prognostic biomarker in patients with relapsed peritoneal pseudomyxoma receiving metronomic capecitabine and bevacizumab: a clinical and translational study. J Transl Med. 2016;14:125 pubmed publisher..The negative prognostic effect of GNAS mutations in gastrointestinal cancers warrants further confirmatory studies and may prompt the development of effective targeted strategies. ..
- Pietrantonio F, De Braud F, Milione M, Maggi C, Iacovelli R, Dotti K, et al. Dose-Dense Temozolomide in Patients with MGMT-Silenced Chemorefractory Colorectal Cancer. Target Oncol. 2016;11:337-43 pubmed publisher..The role of MGMT IHC as a biomarker for improving patient selection warrants further prospective confirmation. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Aprile G, Rimassa L, Franco P, Lonardi S, Cremolini C, et al. A new nomogram for estimating survival in patients with brain metastases secondary to colorectal cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2015;117:315-21 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, the very satisfactory results of nomogram validation on the external series, make us confident that our instrument may assist in prognostic assessment, treatment decision making, and enrollment into clinical trials. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Perrone F, Mennitto A, Gleeson E, Milione M, Tamborini E, et al. Toward the molecular dissection of peritoneal pseudomyxoma. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:2097-2103 pubmed..Given the homogeneity of this series and the sensitivity of NGS in this low-cellularity tumor, we demonstrated for the first time a poor prognostic role of KRAS mutations. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Di Bartolomeo M, Cotsoglou C, Mennitto A, Berenato R, Morano F, et al. Perioperative Triplet Chemotherapy and Cetuximab in Patients With RAS Wild Type High Recurrence Risk or Borderline Resectable Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastases. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2017;16:e191-e198 pubmed publisher..The COI-E regimen was associated with high response and R0 resection rates in patients with RAS wild type CLM with borderline resectability and/or high-risk features. ..
- Pietrantonio F, FucÃ G, Morano F, Gloghini A, Corso S, Aprile G, et al. Biomarkers of Primary Resistance to Trastuzumab in HER2-Positive Metastatic Gastric Cancer Patients: the AMNESIA Case-Control Study. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;24:1082-1089 pubmed publisher..i>Clin Cancer Res; 24(5); 1082-9. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Cremolini C, Aprile G, Lonardi S, Orlandi A, Mennitto A, et al. Single-Agent Panitumumab in Frail Elderly Patients With Advanced RAS and BRAF Wild-Type Colorectal Cancer: Challenging Drug Label to Light Up New Hope. Oncologist. 2015;20:1261-5 pubmed publisher..In the present study, single-agent off-label panitumumab was effective and well-tolerated as first-line treatment in frail elderly patients deemed unfit for chemotherapy for metastatic RAS and BRAF wild-type colorectal cancer. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Petrelli F, Coinu A, Di Bartolomeo M, Borgonovo K, Maggi C, et al. Predictive role of BRAF mutations in patients with advanced colorectal cancer receiving cetuximab and panitumumab: a meta-analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2015;51:587-94 pubmed publisher..C- or P-based therapy did not increase the benefit of standard therapy or the BSC in RAS-wt/BRAF-mut CRC patients. These findings support BRAF mutation assessment before initiation of treatment with anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies. ..
- Pietrantonio F, Oddo D, Gloghini A, Valtorta E, Berenato R, Barault L, et al. MET-Driven Resistance to Dual EGFR and BRAF Blockade May Be Overcome by Switching from EGFR to MET Inhibition in BRAF-Mutated Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:963-71 pubmed publisher..Cancer Discov; 6(9); 963-71. ©2016 AACR.This article is highlighted in the In This Issue feature, p. 932. ..
- Cremolini C, Marmorino F, Loupakis F, Masi G, Antoniotti C, Salvatore L, et al. TRIBE-2: a phase III, randomized, open-label, strategy trial in unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer patients by the GONO group. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:408 pubmed publisher..TRIBE2 is registered at Clinicaltrials.gov: NCT02339116 . January 12, 2015. TRIBE-2 is registered at EUDRACT 2014-004436-19, October 10, 2014. ..