Affiliation: Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata
- Quality-of-life assessment in patients with pemphigus using a minimum set of evaluation toolsAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:261-9. 2009..Very few studies have investigated the quality of life (QoL) of patients with pemphigus, all reporting a strong impact on physical and emotional status...
- Effect of written emotional disclosure interventions in persons with psoriasis undergoing narrow band ultraviolet B phototherapyAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, IDI IRCCS, Via dei Monti di Creta 104, 00167, Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 20:599-605. 2010..Patients allocated to the PW group had a longer period of remission after phototherapy. This provides preliminary evidence that such a simple and inexpensive tool may play a role in enhancing treatment efficacy and QoL...
- Field performance of the Skindex-17 quality of life questionnaire: a comparison with the Skindex-29 in a large sample of dermatological outpatientsFrancesca Sampogna
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 133:104-9. 2013..In conclusion, the Skindex-17 provided very similar information compared with the Skindex-29, with the advantage of being shorter and including some important psychometric properties...
- Measuring empowerment in patients with psoriasis: the Psoriasis Empowerment Enquiry in the Routine Practice (PEER) questionnaireCalogero Pagliarello
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Via Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 20:200-4. 2010..Further studies are needed to assess its convergent validity and to improve its reliability...
- The perils of a defective medical communication: fatal neglected squamous cell carcinoma arising in perineal hidradenitis suppurativaCalogero Pagliarello
Health Services Research Unit, IDI IRCCS, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Case Rep Dermatol 3:5-7. 2011..In the context of HS, a painful lump or ulcer could easily be mistaken for an inflammatory lesion, and therefore a low threshold for biopsy is warranted...