Affiliation: Istituto Clinico Humanitas
- Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma with atypical features surrounding undescended testis: description of a rare caseAlberto Testori
Department of Thoracic and General Surgery, Humanitas Research Hospital, Via Manzoni, 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 13:494. 2015..The aim of this study is to describe histological, immunohistochemical, and ultrastructural features of FDCS in order to better define an abdominal mass with unusual immunophenotype and atypical clinical and radiological presentation. ..
- Prostatic stromal tumor with fatal outcome in a young man: histopathological and immunohistochemical case presentationPiergiuseppe Colombo
Department of Pathology, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan
Rare Tumors 2:e57. 2010..Radical prostatectomy should also be carefully considered...
- Bladder metastases of appendiceal mucinous adenocarcinoma: a case presentationGianluigi Taverna
Department of Urology, Via Manzoni 56 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:62. 2010..Appendiceal adenocarcinoma is rare with a frequency of 0.08% of all surgically removed appendices. Few cases of appendiceal carcinoma infiltrating the bladder wall for spatial contiguity have been documented...
- Quantitative evaluation and modeling of two-dimensional neovascular network complexity: the surface fractal dimensionFabio Grizzi
Scientific Direction, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 5:14. 2005..However, fractal geometry is a more powerful means of quantifying the spatial complexity of real objects...
- Sperm protein 17 is expressed in human nervous system tumoursFabio Grizzi
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, IRCCS, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:23. 2006..We investigated its immunolocalisation in specimens of nervous system (NS) malignancies, in order to establish its usefulness as a target for tumour-vaccine strategies...
- Non-hormone-induced mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of kidney in a man: description of a rare casePiergiuseppe Colombo
Department of Pathology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, University of Milan School of Medicine, Rozzano Milan, Italy
Urology 71:168.e7-9. 2008..A follow-up computed tomography scan performed 8 months after surgical enucleation of the lesion showed no signs of recurrence...
- Oral ulcer as an exclusive sign of gastric cancer: report of a rare casePiergiuseppe Colombo
Department of Pathology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 5:117. 2005..Oral metastatic lesions have been described in various cancers, particularly lung, breast and kidney carcinoma...
- Localized intra-abdominal fibromatosis of the small bowel mimicking a gastrointestinal stromal tumor: a case reportPiergiuseppe Colombo
Department of Pathology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano MI, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 11:5226-8. 2005....
- Axillary intranodal cysts associated with breast malignancyPiergiuseppe Colombo
Department of Pathology, Instituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:361-2. 2004
- Molecular disorders in transitional vs. peripheral zone prostate adenocarcinomaP Colombo
Department of Pathology, Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer 94:383-9. 2001..Also our results strongly suggest that the RER+ mutator phenotype could be linked to early development of transitional zone prostate carcinoma...
- Intradural spinal metastasis of renal clear cell carcinoma causing cauda equina syndromeP Gaetani
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano Milan, Italy
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:857-61. 2004..From the data available in the literature, we suggest that cerebral and spinal MRI and PET imaging should be widely performed in the staging of patients treated for renal clear cell carcinoma, in order to early detect CNS involvement...
- Macrocryosectioning of the prostate: a simple techniqueC Patriarca
Division of Pathology, Ospedale di Melegnano, Milan, Italy
J Clin Pathol 54:236-7. 2001..Macrocryosections of the gland; that is, whole mount frozen sections of the prostate from radical prostatectomies represent a useful new research protocol. The technique is very simple and does not require expensive equipment...
- Percutaneous coronary interventions in cardiac allograft vasculopathy: a single-center experienceP Colombo
A De Gasperis Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Department, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Transplant Proc 42:1286-90. 2010..The aim of this study was to review our experience with percutaneous coronary interventions using stents in cardiac transplant recipients...
- Intramedullary astrocytoma with granular cell differentiationR Rodriguez Y Baena
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, IRCCS, Via Manzoni, 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Neurosurg Rev 30:339-43; discussion 343. 2007..In addition to documenting a unique example of intramedullary granular cell astrocytoma, we review the literature to investigate differences from other tumors with granular changes described in the spinal cord...
- Immunohistochemical profile and c-kit mutations in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsSolange Romagnoli
II Department of Pathology, University of Milan School of Medicine, AOS Paolo, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 201:71-81. 2005....
- Unusual cytogenetic findings in a synovial sarcoma arising in the paranasal sinusesDaniela Bettio
Laboratorio di Citogenetica e Genetica Medica, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 155:79-81. 2004..Reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction analysis did not show the presence of the SYT-SSX chimeric gene...
- Calvarial metastases as clinical presentation of renal cell carcinoma: report of two cases and review of the literaturePaolo Gaetani
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, I 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 107:329-33. 2005..We also briefly review the literature...
- Single small focus of prostate adenocarcinoma (< or = 1 mm and too small for grading) and clinical significant disease after radical prostatectomyGianluigi Taverna
Department of Urology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano Milano, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 78:57-60. 2006..and too small for grading) at needle biopsy, even repeated, and through prostate specific antigen (PSA), PSA density (PSAD) and free-to-total PSA ratio (f/t ratio)...
- Geometry of human vascular system: is it an obstacle for quantifying antiangiogenic therapies?Fabio Grizzi
Laboratories of Quantitative Medicine, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, IRCCS, Via Manzoni 56 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 15:134-9. 2007..We discuss here the tumor-induced vascular system as a fractal object, and what changes this new way of observing may bring to the quantification of effective antiangiogenic therapies...
- Sperm protein 17 is expressed in human somatic ciliated epitheliaFabio Grizzi
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
J Histochem Cytochem 52:549-54. 2004....
- Administration of temozolomide during and after radiotherapy for newly diagnosed high-grade gliomas excluding glioblastoma multiformeGiuseppe Luigi Banna
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni, 56, 20089, Milano, Rozzano, Italy
J Neurooncol 81:323-5. 2007..Based on this small series of patients, the addition of temozolomide to radiotherapy may be recommended...
- Acinar cell cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas: report of rare case and review of the literaturePiergiuseppe Colombo
Department of Pathology, Humanitas Clinical Institute, University of Milan School of Medicine, Rozzano, Milan, Itlay
Hum Pathol 35:1568-71. 2004..Although this variant of adenocarcinoma of the pancreas is not prognostically different from the classic solid type (few patients survive more than 5 years), we believe that it is important because of its extreme rarity...
- Aspergillus left ventricular assist device endocarditisAlessandro Barbone
Cardiac Surgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano MI, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:876-80. 2004..This has led some authors to recommend empiric antifungal therapy in LVAD recipients with culture-negative sepsis unresponsive to broad-spectrum antibiotics...