Affiliation: Istituto Clinico Humanitas
- Cancer classification using the Immunoscore: a worldwide task forceJerome Galon
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, F 75006, France
J Transl Med 10:205. 2012..The results of this international validation may result in the implementation of the Immunoscore as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated TNM-I (TNM-Immune)...
- Mast cells and the liver aging processFabio Grizzi
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX, USA
Immun Ageing 10:9. 2013..We here briefly review the relationships between the liver aging process and mast cells, the key effectors in a more complex range of innate immune responses than originally though...
- Irrelevance of microsatellite instability in the epidemiology of sporadic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaLuigi Laghi
Laboratory of Molecular Gastroenterology, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e46002. 2012..Aims of the study were to determine the prevalence of MSI in surgically resected pancreatic cancers in a multicentric, retrospective study, and to assess the occurrence of pancreatic cancer in LS...
- Microsatellite instability and therapeutic consequences in colorectal cancerLuigi Laghi
Molecular Gastroenterology Unit, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Italy
Dig Dis 30:304-9. 2012..Like predictive markers of response to chemotherapy, the role of MSI is likely not exhausted, as chemotherapy regimens need to take into account the peculiar biological and clinical behavior of MSI cancers...
- MSH3 protein expression and nodal status in MLH1-deficient colorectal cancersLuigi Laghi
Laboratory of Molecular Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas Rozzano, Milano, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 18:3142-53. 2012..Given the heterogeneity of microsatellite-unstable CRCs, we wanted to see whether any MSI-associated molecular features are specifically associated with prognosis...
- The tumor microenvironment of colorectal cancer: stromal TLR-4 expression as a potential prognostic markerRosaria Cammarota
Oncology Research Laboratory, Science and Technology Park, IRCCS Multimedica, via Fantoli 16 15, Milan, 20138, Italy
J Transl Med 8:112. 2010....
- Quantitative evaluation of RASSF1A methylation in the non-lesional, regenerative and neoplastic liverSonia Di Gioia
Department of Pathology, Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:89. 2006..While NORE1A has not been previously investigated in the human liver, recent reports have suggested that RASSF1A is frequently epigenetically methylated not only in HCC but also in the cirrhotic liver...
- Differences and evolution of the methods for the assessment of microsatellite instabilityL Laghi
Department of Gastroenterology, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milano, Italy
Oncogene 27:6313-21. 2008..Inaccuracies can otherwise lead to under- or overdiagnosis and inaccurate disease classification, which always have a negative impact on the clinical practice of medicine...
- CD3+ cells at the invasive margin of deeply invading (pT3-T4) colorectal cancer and risk of post-surgical metastasis: a longitudinal studyLuigi Laghi
Laboratories of Molecular Gastroenterology, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Lancet Oncol 10:877-84. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between the density of CD3+ TIL and the postsurgical occurrence of distant-organ metastases in a large series of patients with deeply invading and MSI-typed colorectal cancer...
- Molecular heterogeneity and prognostic implications of synchronous advanced colorectal neoplasiaA Malesci
1 Department of gastroenterology, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy 2 Department of Biotechnology and Translational Medicine, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20133 Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 110:1228-35. 2014..As tumours with microsatellite instability (MSI) may confound the effect of S-CRC methylation on outcome, we addressed this issue in a series of CRC characterised by BRAF and MS status...
- Genetic and epigenetic changes in primary metastatic and nonmetastatic colorectal cancerE Miranda
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, University of Milan, Via Manzoni 56, Rozzano, Milano 20089, Italy
Br J Cancer 95:1101-7. 2006....
- Lack of mutation at codon 531 of SRC in advanced colorectal cancers from Italian patientsL Laghi
Department of Gastroenterology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, Rozzano, Milan, 20089, Italy
Br J Cancer 84:196-8. 2001..Our results demonstrate that SRC Gln531AMB plays no role in the development or in the progression of colorectal cancer among Italian patients...
- K-ras and p16(INK4A)alterations in sputum of NSCLC patients and in heavy asymptomatic chronic smokersA Destro
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milano, Italy
Lung Cancer 44:23-32. 2004....
- Fractional allelic loss in non-end-stage cirrhosis: correlations with hepatocellular carcinoma development during follow-upM Roncalli
Departments of Pathology and Research Laboratories, Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 31:846-50. 2000..These data emphasize the role of early clonal changes in chronic liver disease, and their potential predictive significance for clinical use...
- Carriage of CARD15 variants and smoking as risk factors for resective surgery in patients with Crohn's ileal diseaseL Laghi
Division of Gastroenterology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 22:557-64. 2005..It is controversial whether CARD15 variants are truly associated with a more severe form of Crohn's disease. The relative role of CARD15 genotype and smoking in Crohn's disease progression is also debated...
- Early expression of the fractalkine receptor CX3CR1 in pancreatic carcinogenesisG Celesti
Laboratory of Molecular Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Via Manzoni, 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 109:2424-33. 2013..In pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC), fractalkine receptor CX3CR1 contributes to perineural invasion (PNI). We investigated whether CX3CR1 expression occurs early in PDAC and correlates with tumour features other than PNI...