Genomes and Genes
Pedro Miguel Lacal
Affiliation: Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata
- Human melanoma cells secrete and respond to placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factorP M Lacal
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 115:1000-7. 2000..J Invest Dermatol 115:1000-1007 2000..
- Inhibition of endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis by a vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 derived peptidePedro M Lacal
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Via dei Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Eur J Cancer 44:1914-21. 2008..Altogether, these data demonstrate that peptide B3 might be a useful tool for the specific inhibition of VEGFR-1 function and might represent a basis for the development of new anti-angiogenic compounds...
- An autocrine loop directed by the vascular endothelial growth factor promotes invasiveness of human melanoma cellsPedro Miguel Lacal
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, I 00167 Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 27:1625-32. 2005....
- A proangiogenic peptide derived from vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 acts through alpha5beta1 integrinSimonetta Soro
Department of Biochemical Sciences A Rossi Fanelli, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Blood 111:3479-88. 2008..Alanine scanning mutagenesis of the peptide defined which residues were responsible for its biologic activity and integrin binding...
- Pharmacological inhibition of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity down-regulates the expression of syndecan-4 and Id-1 in endothelial cellsPedro Miguel Lacal
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, 00167 Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 34:861-72. 2009..In conclusion, these results strongly suggest that PARP activity is capable of modulating molecules required for endothelial cell migration, adhesion, proliferation or differentiation during the angiogenic process...
- Increased melanoma growth and metastasis spreading in mice overexpressing placenta growth factorMarcella Marcellini
Laboratory of Experimental Angiogenesis, Sigma Tau, Rome, Italy
Am J Pathol 169:643-54. 2006..These findings indicate that PlGF, in addition to enhancing tumor angiogenesis and favoring tumor growth, may directly influence melanoma dissemination...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibition or PARP-1 gene deletion reduces angiogenesisLucio Tentori
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, Rome, Italy
Eur J Cancer 43:2124-33. 2007..These results provide evidence for targeting PARP for anti-angiogenesis, adding novel therapeutic implications to the use of PARP inhibitors in cancer treatment...
- Placenta growth factor in diabetic wound healing: altered expression and therapeutic potentialFrancesca Cianfarani
Laboratory of Molecular and Cell Biology, Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata, IDI-IRCCS, Via dei Monti di Creta, 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Am J Pathol 169:1167-82. 2006....
- Placenta growth factor induces melanoma resistance to temozolomide through a mechanism that involves the activation of the transcription factor NF-κBLauretta Levati
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 38:241-7. 2011..In conclusion, our data strongly suggest that PlGF plays a role in melanoma cell resistance to TMZ through a pathway that involves NF-κB activation...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 is deposited in the extracellular matrix by endothelial cells and is a ligand for the alpha 5 beta 1 integrinAngela Orecchia
Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, IDI IRCCS, Via Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
J Cell Sci 116:3479-89. 2003....
- Generation of an immortalized human endothelial cell line as a model of neovascular proliferating endothelial cells to assess chemosensitivity to anticancer drugsLucio Tentori
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, I-00133 Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 27:525-35. 2005..In conclusion, the immortalized human endothelial line HUV-ST represents a suitable model for studying the efficacy of anti-neovascular therapy, mimicking proliferating neovascular endothelial cells associated to the tumor mass...
- A single cycle of treatment with temozolomide, alone or combined with O(6)-benzylguanine, induces strong chemoresistance in melanoma cell clones in vitro: role of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and the mismatch repair systemEster Alvino
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Tor Vergata Research Area, National Research Council, I-00133 Rome, Italy
Int J Oncol 29:785-97. 2006..Exposure to TMZ+BG favors the development of MGMT-independent mechanisms of TMZ resistance...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase inhibitor as chemosensitiser of malignant melanoma for temozolomideLucio Tentori
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Eur J Cancer 41:2948-57. 2005..In conclusion, PARG inhibition represents an alternative strategy to enhance TMZ efficacy against melanoma in peripheral as well as at CNS site...
- The integrin antagonist cilengitide increases the antitumor activity of temozolomide against malignant melanomaLucio Tentori
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Oncol Rep 19:1039-43. 2008..In conclusion, this study proposes the use of cilengitide in combination with TMZ for the treatment of metastatic melanoma, thereby opening novel perspectives for the use of integrin inhibitors to enhance the efficacy of chemotherapy...