Maurizio V Infante
Affiliation: Istituto Clinico Humanitas
- Thoracoscopic resection of an esophageal stromal tumor through the left pleural cavityM Infante
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Humanitas Hospital, Milan, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 11:273-6. 2001..The tumor resembled a leiomyoma and was classified as a borderline, potentially malignant lesion after thoracoscopic removal. The technique and clinical implications in such cases are discussed on the basis of current knowledge...
- Protection of right pneumonectomy bronchial sutures with a pedicled thymus flapMaurizio V Infante
Department of Thoracic Surgery and Radiology NMR, Humantis Hospital Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 77:351-3. 2004....
- Extended bilateral mediastinal dissection via a limited thoracotomy for right-lung cancerM Infante
Unit of Thoracic Surgery Humanitas Hospital, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:177-80. 2006..The procedure has been carried out in 3 cases and proved to be technically feasible. The value of such a procedure as to staging accuracy, local disease control and survival should be evaluated in a clinical trial setting...
- Lung cancer screening with spiral CT: baseline results of the randomized DANTE trialMaurizio Infante
Thoracic Surgery Department, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milano, Italy
Lung Cancer 59:355-63. 2008..We herewith present the baseline results of a randomized trial comparing screening for lung cancer with annual spiral computed tomography (CT) versus a yearly clinical review...
- Differential diagnosis and management of focal ground-glass opacitiesM Infante
Dept of Thoracic Surgery, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
Eur Respir J 33:821-7. 2009..The stepwise approach adopted in the present study increased the diagnostic specificity and reduced time to definitive diagnosis. Segmentectomy might be the ideal resection volume for such tumours...
- A randomized study of lung cancer screening with spiral computed tomography: three-year results from the DANTE trialMaurizio Infante
Thoracic Surgery Department, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:445-53. 2009..Screening for lung cancer with modern imaging technology may decrease lung cancer mortality, but encouraging results have only been obtained in uncontrolled studies...
- Screening for lung cancer: are we there yet?Maurizio V Infante
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Curr Opin Pulm Med 16:301-6. 2010..Our purpose is to update the readers on recent progress in medical knowledge in this field...
- Surgical procedures in the DANTE trial, a randomized study of lung cancer early detection with spiral computed tomography: comparative analysis in the screening and control armMaurizio Infante
Thoracic Surgery Department, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano Milano, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 6:327-35. 2011..The patient population derived from lung cancer screening programs with low-dose spiral computed tomography (LDCT) is different from the general population accessing thoracic surgical services...