- The complete mitochondrial DNA sequence of the rabbit, Oryctolagus cuniculusC Gissi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bari, Italy
Genomics 50:161-9. 1998..These structures as well as the structure of the L-strand origin of replication comply with those characteristic for eutherians in general. The compositional differences between the two mtDNA strands have also been detailed...
- Where do rodents fit? Evidence from the complete mitochondrial genome of Sciurus vulgarisA Reyes
Mol Biol Evol 17:979-83. 2000
- The guinea-pig is not a rodentA M D'Erchia
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Bari, Italy
Nature 381:597-600. 1996..In addition to the phylogenetic conclusions, we also draw attention to several factors that are important for the validity of phylogenetic analysis based on molecular data...
- GeneSyn: a tool for detecting conserved gene order across genomesG Pavesi
Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Via Bicocca degli Arcimboldi 8, 20126 Milano, Italy
Bioinformatics 20:1472-4. 2004..AVAILABILITY: Available free of charge for Unix/Linux/Cygwin platforms at ftp://184.108.40.206/pub/GeneSyn_1.0/ SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: ftp://220.127.116.11/pub/GeneSyn_1.0/..
- Evolution of the mitochondrial genome of Metazoa as exemplified by comparison of congeneric speciesC Gissi
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita di Milano, Milano, Italy
Heredity (Edinb) 101:301-20. 2008..Thus, the analysis of congeneric species promises to be a valuable approach for the assessment of the mtDNA evolutionary trend in poorly or not yet sampled metazoan groups...