Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- Nonurgent patients in the emergency department? A French formula to prevent misuseStéphanie Gentile
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Marseille, France
BMC Health Serv Res 10:66. 2010..The aims of the study were to assess the willingness of nonurgent patients to be reoriented to a PCU and to collect the reasons that prompted them to accept or refuse...
- Ethical models underpinning responses to threats to public health: a comparison of approaches to communicable disease control in EuropeSabina Gainotti
National Institute of Health, National Center for Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Rome, Italy
Bioethics 22:466-76. 2008..It then proposes ethical arguments to be considered in the making of public health laws, mostly concerning their effectiveness for public health protection...
- How legislation on decisional capacity can negatively affect the feasibility of clinical trials in patients with dementiaFrancesca Galeotti
National Institute of Health, Rome, Italy
Drugs Aging 29:607-14. 2012..The AdCare study showed that an excessively rigid regulation can become a major obstacle while carrying out therapeutic research with incapacitated persons...
- Personalism for public health ethicsCarlo Petrini
Unità di Bioetica, Presidenza, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 46:204-9. 2010....
- A study of the Healthy Growth Charter in socially disadvantaged childrenMassimo Musicco
Fondazione IRCCS Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 47:417-23. 2011....
- A personalist approach to public-health ethicsCarlo Petrini
Office of the President, National Institute of Health, Rome, Italy
Bull World Health Organ 86:624-9. 2008..Drawing from other approaches, personalism is outlined as being the theory that offers a consistent set of values and alternative principles that are relevant for public health...
- How are the interests of incapacitated research participants protected through legislation? An Italian study on legal agency for dementia patientsSabina Gainotti
National Centre for Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, National Institute of Health, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e11150. 2010..In Italy, the system of proxy is determined by the courts. In this study we evaluate the timing for appointment of a legal proxy in Italy and identify predictive variables of appointment...