Affiliation: Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata
- Therapy with rituximab for autoimmune pemphigus: results from a single-center observational study on 42 cases with long-term follow-upGiuseppe Cianchini
Department of Immunodermatology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 67:617-22. 2012..However, differences in inclusion criteria, treatment protocols, and follow-up make it difficult to derive uniform conclusions...
- Pemphigus foliaceus induced by radiotherapy and responsive to dapsoneGiuseppe Cianchini
Department of Immunodermatology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Dermatolog Treat 17:244-6. 2006..The eruption started at the portal of irradiation and only subsequently spread to other cutaneous areas. Mucosal membranes were not affected. Skin lesions were completely responsive to dapsone therapy...
- Treatment of severe pemphigus with rituximab: report of 12 cases and a review of the literatureGiuseppe Cianchini
Division of Dermatology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Via dei Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Arch Dermatol 143:1033-8. 2007..We report 10 cases of pemphigus vulgaris and 2 cases of pemphigus foliaceous treated with rituximab--to our knowledge the largest series of patients so far--and review the existing literature on the topic...
- Increased expression of eotaxin and its specific receptor CCR3 in bullous pemphigoidAlessandra Frezzolini
Department of Immunodermatology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IDI, IRCCS, Via dei Monti di Creta, 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 12:27-31. 2002....
- Quality-of-life assessment in patients with pemphigus using a minimum set of evaluation toolsAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:261-9. 2009..Very few studies have investigated the quality of life (QoL) of patients with pemphigus, all reporting a strong impact on physical and emotional status...
- Pemphigus autoantibodies generated through somatic mutations target the desmoglein-3 cis-interfaceGiovanni Di Zenzo
Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Clin Invest 122:3781-90. 2012....
- Randomized controlled trial of adjuvant oral dexamethasone pulse therapy in pemphigus vulgaris: PEMPULS trialLeon F Mentink
Center for Blistering Diseases, Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Arch Dermatol 142:570-6. 2006..To determine the therapeutic effect of adjuvant dexamethasone pulse therapy when given in addition to conventional treatment of pemphigus vulgaris...
- Consensus statement on definitions of disease, end points, and therapeutic response for pemphigusDedee F Murrell
Department of Dermatology at St George Hospital, University of NSW, Sydney, Australia
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:1043-6. 2008..These should assist in development of consistent reporting of outcomes in future studies...