Affiliation: Istituto Auxologico Italiano
- Permanence of molecular features of obesity in subcutaneous adipose tissue of ex-obese subjectsR Cancello
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, IRCCS, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Cusano Milanino, Milano, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:867-73. 2013..Actually, it is unknown whether the characteristics of this residual subcutaneous adipose tissue (SAT) are 'restored' with regard to molecular and morphological features...
- The nicotinic acetylcholine receptor α7 in subcutaneous mature adipocytes: downregulation in human obesity and modulation by diet-induced weight lossR Cancello
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, IRCCS, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Verbania, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:1552-7. 2012..However, no data are available on α7nAChR expression in human adipocytes...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor in adipose tissue macrophages of morbidly obese subjectsRaffaella Cancello
Inserm U872, CRC Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CHRU Pitié Salpétrière, Service de Nutrition, Paris, France
Obes Facts 4:17-25. 2011..We previously identified, by a pangenomic approach (microarrays), the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (PLAUR or CD87) as a potential marker of subcutaneous adipose tissue macrophage infiltration (ATM)...
- Serum amyloid A: a marker of adiposity-induced low-grade inflammation but not of metabolic statusChristine Poitou
INSERM U755, Paris, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:309-18. 2006..We studied the variations of expression of the SAA gene in adipose and liver tissues and of SAA serum levels, as well as their relationships with metabolic features during weight loss...
- Increased infiltration of macrophages in omental adipose tissue is associated with marked hepatic lesions in morbid human obesityRaffaella Cancello
INSERM, U755 Nutriomique, Service de Nutrition, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Diabetes 55:1554-61. 2006..These data suggest that the presence of macrophages in omental WAT participates in the cellular mechanisms favoring hepatic fibroinflammatory lesions in obese patients...
- Reduction of macrophage infiltration and chemoattractant gene expression changes in white adipose tissue of morbidly obese subjects after surgery-induced weight lossRaffaella Cancello
INSERM Avenir, Paris 6 University EA3502 and Human Research Center on Nutrition CRNH, Hotel Dieu Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Diabetes 54:2277-86. 2005..We show that improvement of the inflammatory profile after weight loss is related to a reduced number of macrophages in scWAT. MCP-1, PLAUR, CSF-3, and HIF-1alpha may play roles in the attraction of macrophages in scWAT...
- Cathepsin S, a novel biomarker of adiposity: relevance to atherogenesisSoraya Taleb
INSERM Avenir, Paris, France
FASEB J 19:1540-2. 2005..Since this enzyme has been implicated in the development of atherosclerotic lesions, we propose that cathepsin S represents a molecular link between obesity and atherosclerosis...
- Visceral adipocytes: old actors in obesity and new protagonists in Crohn's disease?Alessandra Zulian
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Gut 61:86-94. 2012..Crohn's disease (CD) is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease characterised by a peculiar accumulation of mesenteric adipose tissue covering the inflamed intestinal wall...
- Molecular and morphologic characterization of superficial- and deep-subcutaneous adipose tissue subdivisions in human obesityRaffaella Cancello
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:2562-70. 2013....
- Differences in visceral fat and fat bacterial colonization between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. An in vivo and in vitro studyAlessandra Zulian
Diabetes Research Laboratory, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e78495. 2013..The influence of bacteria stored within adipocytes on the clinical course of IBD warrants further investigations...
- Cardiometabolic factors and disease duration in patients with Parkinson's diseaseErica Cassani
Parkinson Institute Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milano, Italy
Nutrition 29:1331-5. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between cardiometabolic risk factors and the duration of disease...
- A novel missense mutation in the signal peptide of the human POMC gene: a possible additional link between early-onset type 2 diabetes and obesityMonica Mencarelli
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milano, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 20:1290-4. 2012....
- Weight loss regulates inflammation-related genes in white adipose tissue of obese subjectsKarine Clement
INSERM Avenir Paris 6 University, EA 3502, Nutrition Department, AP HP, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
FASEB J 18:1657-69. 2004..The beneficial effect of weight loss on obesity-related complications may be associated with the modification of the inflammatory profile in adipose tissue...