Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- External and internal dose in subjects occupationally exposed to ochratoxin AIvo Iavicoli
Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Istituto di Medicina del Lavoro, Largo Francesco Vito, 1 00168 Rome, Italy
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 75:381-6. 2002..Inhalation of airborne OA can represent a source of additional exposure. We determined the levels of serum OA in workers exposed to airborne dust originating from the handling or processing of contaminated foods...
- Effect of industrial processing on the distribution of aflatoxins and zearalenone in corn-milling fractionsCarlo Brera
GMO and Mycotoxins Unit, National Centre for Food Quality and Risk Assessment, Italian National Institute of Health ISS, Viale Regina Elena, 299 00161 Rome, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 54:5014-9. 2006..Conversely, a reduction factor of at least four times from raw material to finished products was observed. Polenta samples were unaffected by the cooking process, with levels of contamination similar to those of starting flour...
- Immunoaffinity column cleanup with liquid chromatography for determination of aflatoxin B1 in corn samples: interlaboratory studyCarlo Brera
Italian National Institute for Health ISS, National Center for Food Quality and Risk Assessment, GMO and Mycotoxins Unit, Viale Regina Elena, 299 00161 Rome, Italy
J AOAC Int 90:765-72. 2007..9 to 28.7%. The values for relative standard deviation for reproducibility (RSDR) ranged from 18.6 to 36.8%. The method demonstrated acceptable within- and between-laboratory precision for this matrix, as evidenced by the HorRat values...
- Effect of industrial processing on the distribution of fumonisin B1 in dry milling corn fractionsCarlo Brera
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Laboratorio Alimenti, Reparto Chimica dei Cereali, Viale Regina Elena, 299 00161 Rome, Italy
J Food Prot 67:1261-6. 2004..The cooking of polenta in a domestic pressure cooker did not affect fumonisin contamination because the mycotoxin concentrations were similar to those of the starting flour (0.40 and 0.45 mg/kg)...
- The role of sampling in mycotoxin contamination: an holistic viewM Miraglia
The Italian National Institute of Health, National Centre for Food Quality and Risk Assessment, GMO and Mycotoxins Unit, Rome, Italy
Food Addit Contam 22:31-6. 2005..So far, step 1 is not yet covered by specific guidelines while for step 2, European regulations establish the procedures for the sampling of bulk and retail products potentially contaminated by mycotoxins...
- Exposure assessment to mycotoxins in gluten-free diet for celiac patientsC Brera
GMO and Mycotoxin Unit, Department of Veterinary Public Health and Food Safety, Italian National Institute of Health, Italy Electronic address
Food Chem Toxicol 69:13-7. 2014..Even considering the worst scenario the exposure values reported for children were lower, namely 1385ng/kg bw/day for FBs and 237ng/kg bw/day for ZON, than the corresponding toxicological thresholds. ..
- Exposure assessment for Italian population groups to deoxynivalenol deriving from pasta consumptionCarlo Brera
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica Veterinaria e Sicurezza Alimentare, Reparto OGM e Xenobiotici di origine fungina, Viale Regina Elena, Rome 299 00161, Italy
Toxins (Basel) 5:2293-309. 2013..w/day. Nevertheless, despite this, particular attention should be devoted to the exposure to DON by high consumers, such as children aged 3-5 years, who could reach the TDI even with very low levels of DON contamination. ..
- Simultaneous determination of aflatoxins and ochratoxin A in baby foods and paprika by HPLC with fluorescence detection: a single-laboratory validation studyC Brera
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Food Safety, Italian National Institute for Health, Rome, Italy
Talanta 83:1442-6. 2011..012 and 0.660 μg/kg for OTA in paprika. The current method represents a good example of the possibility of a multi-mycotoxin and/or a multi-matrix analysis depending on the laboratory research or official control purposes...
- Effect of sample size in the evaluation of "in-field" sampling plans for aflatoxin B(1) determination in cornCarlo Brera
GMO and Mycotoxins Unit, Department of Veterinary Public Health and Food Safety, Italian Institute for Health ISS, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 58:8481-9. 2010..6 mug/kg within +/-50 and +/-30%, respectively. Using the distribution information from the study, operating characteristic curves were developed to show the performance of various sampling plan designs...
- Ochratoxin a contamination in italian wine samples and evaluation of the exposure in the italian populationCarlo Brera
Veterinary Public Heath and Food Safety Department, Italian National Institute for Health ISS, GMO and Mycotoxins Unit, Rome, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:10611-8. 2008..68 ng/(kg of b.w.)/day, accounting for 9.8% of TDI) was obtained. Considering the overall OTA dietary exposure, obtained exposure rates indicate that wine did not pose a risk to the Italian population health...
- Climate change and food safety: an emerging issue with special focus on EuropeM Miraglia
National Center for Food Quality and Risk Assessment, Italian National Institute for Health ISS, Viale Regina Elena 299, I 00166 Rome, Italy
Food Chem Toxicol 47:1009-21. 2009..Research topics that are amenable to further research are highlighted...
- Detection and traceability of genetically modified organisms in the food production chainM Miraglia
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Section of Cereal Chemistry, Laboratory of Food, Viale Regina Elena 299, I 00161 Rome, Italy
Food Chem Toxicol 42:1157-80. 2004..For success, much will depend on the threshold level for adventitious contamination set by legislation...