Affiliation: Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata
- Role of the EGF +61A>G polymorphism in melanoma pathogenesis: an experience on a large series of Italian cases and controlsMilena Casula
Unit of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Sassari, Italy
BMC Dermatol 9:7. 2009..To further evaluate this association, we conducted a case-control study in a clinic-based Italian population...
- Dermoscopic patterns of cutaneous melanoma metastasesRiccardo Bono
Department of Immuno oncodermatology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, Via dei Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Melanoma Res 14:367-73. 2004....
- Sensitivity, specificity, and diagnostic accuracy of three dermoscopic algorithmic methods in the diagnosis of doubtful melanocytic lesions: the importance of light brown structureless areas in differentiating atypical melanocytic nevi from thin melanomasGiorgio Annessi
Department of Dermatology, Dermoscopy Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:759-67. 2007..Over the past decade numerous epiluminescence microscopy (ELM) criteria and algorithmic methods have been developed to improve the diagnosis of cutaneous melanocytic lesions...
- Clinical and dermoscopic criteria related to melanoma sentinel lymph node positivityGianluca Pagnanelli
Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Roma, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:2939-44. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether specific clinical and/or dermoscopic features could be "in vivo" predictors of sentinel lymph node (SLN) positivity in melanomas >1 mm thick...
- Dermoscopic evaluation of amelanotic and hypomelanotic melanomaScott W Menzies
Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney Melanoma Diagnostic Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Arch Dermatol 144:1120-7. 2008..To determine the predictive dermoscopic features of amelanotic and hypomelanotic melanoma...
- Predominant dermoscopic patterns observed among neviAlon Scope
Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10022, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 10:170-4. 2006..It has been clinically observed that patients' "normal" moles resemble each other. Whether this concept is applicable to dermoscopic practice has not been sufficiently studied...
- Dermoscopic features of difficult melanomaMaria A Pizzichetta
Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, CRO, Aviano, Italy
Dermatol Surg 33:91-9. 2007..The dermoscopic diagnosis of cutaneous melanoma (CM) may be difficult because some CM lack specific dermoscopic features for melanoma diagnosis...
- Melanoma computer-aided diagnosis: reliability and feasibility studyMarco Burroni
Department of Dermatology, University of Siena, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 10:1881-6. 2004..Thus, a growing interest has developed in the last decade in the automated analysis of digitized images obtained by epiluminescence microscopy techniques to assist clinicians in differentiating early melanoma from benign skin lesions...
- Early diagnosis of malignant melanoma: Proposal of a working formulation for the management of cutaneous pigmented lesions from the Melanoma Cooperative GroupPaolo A Ascierto
Unit of Clinical Immunology, National Tumor Institute G Pascale, I 80131 Naples, Italy
Int J Oncol 22:1209-15. 2003..From these comparisons, we propose new guidelines for the management of CPL to provide a standard diagnostic and therapeutic approaches and to foster the early identification of lesions at risk for malignant transformation...
- Inter- and intra-variability of pigmented skin lesions: could the ABCD rule be influenced by host characteristics?Marco Burroni
Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences Section of Dermatology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Skin Res Technol 10:193-9. 2004..R.L, siena, Italy)...