M L Bianchi
Affiliation: Istituto Auxologico Italiano
- Bone mass change during methotrexate treatment in patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritisM L Bianchi
Centro Metabolismo Minerale e Osseo, Divisione Endocrinologia, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Osteoporos Int 10:20-5. 1999..Pubertal stage and disease activity significantly influenced the yearly change in BMD. In conclusion, our data suggest that long-term, low-dose therapy with MTX does not induce osteopenia in children with JRA...
- Novel PTRF mutation in a child with mild myopathy and very mild congenital lipodystrophyAnna Ardissone
Neuromuscular Diseases and Neuroimmunology Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico C, Besta, Milano, Italy
BMC Med Genet 14:89. 2013..Secondary features are atlantoaxial instability, acanthosis nigricans, hepatomegaly, umbilical prominence and metabolic abnormalities related to insulin resistance, such as diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidemia and hepatic steatosis...
- Bone health in children and adolescents with chronic diseases that may affect the skeleton: the 2013 ISCD Pediatric Official PositionsMaria Luisa Bianchi
Experimental Laboratory for Children s Bone Metabolism Research, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Milano, Italy Electronic address
J Clin Densitom 17:281-94. 2014....
- Treatment of low bone density in young people with cystic fibrosis: a multicentre, prospective, open-label observational study of calcium and calcifediol followed by a randomised placebo-controlled trial of alendronateMaria Luisa Bianchi
Centro Malattie Metaboliche Ossee, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Lancet Respir Med 1:377-85. 2013..We investigated treatment of low bone mineral density in children, adolescents, and young adults with cystic fibrosis...
- Causes of secondary pediatric osteoporosisMaria Luisa Bianchi
Bone Metabolism Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 10:424-36. 2013..Known risk factors must always be considered...
- BMD and body composition in children and young patients affected by cystic fibrosisMaria Luisa Bianchi
Centro Malattie Metaboliche Ossee, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Milano, Italy
J Bone Miner Res 21:388-96. 2006..One hundred thirty-six young patients were studied for 12-24 months. Low BMD was found in 66%. Fat mass and lean mass were also reduced. Impaired pulmonary function and total steroid dose had the greatest negative influence on bone...
- Osteoporosis in children and adolescentsMaria Luisa Bianchi
Bone Metabolism Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS Via L Ariosto 13 20145, Milano, Italy
Bone 41:486-95. 2007..The different forms of primary and secondary osteoporosis, the more technical aspects of bone densitometry in pediatrics, and the delicate issue of treatment will be discussed only briefly...
- Official positions of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) on DXA evaluation in children and adolescentsMaria Luisa Bianchi
Bone Metabolism Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, via L Ariosto 13, 2014, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 25:37-47. 2010....
- Low bone density and bone metabolism alterations in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: response to calcium and vitamin D treatmentM L Bianchi
Centro Malattie Metaboliche Ossee, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Osteoporos Int 22:529-39. 2011....
- Inflammatory bowel diseases, celiac disease, and boneMaria Luisa Bianchi
Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Arch Biochem Biophys 503:54-65. 2010..The article summarizes the available epidemiological data about osteopenia/osteoporosis and fragility fractures in these chronic intestinal diseases and presents the state-of-the-art treatment options...
- Quality of life in post-menopausal osteoporosisMaria Luisa Bianchi
Bone Metabolic Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCSS, Milan, Italy
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:78. 2005..To evaluate the impact of osteoporosis on the patients' quality of life, particularly in the absence of fractures...
- How to manage osteoporosis in childrenMaria Luisa Bianchi
Bone Metabolism Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCCS, Via L Ariosto, 13, Milano, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 19:991-1005. 2005..In some cases, such as idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis, the rule is spontaneous resolution, and the advisability of an aggressive drug therapy is discussed...
- Bone and celiac diseaseM L Bianchi
Bone Metabolic Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS Via Ludovico Ariosto, 13, 20145, Milan, Italy
Calcif Tissue Int 71:465-71. 2002..For these reasons, we feel that a review of the clinical findings on bone problems in celiac disease may be useful for both gastroenterologists and osteoporosis specialists...
- Bone mineral density and bone metabolism in Duchenne muscular dystrophyM L Bianchi
Bone Metabolic Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, via L Ariosto 13, 20145 Milano, Italy
Osteoporos Int 14:761-7. 2003..It is thus recommended that bone and mineral metabolism be carefully evaluated in patients with DMD, so that appropriate measures could be taken, especially now that chronic corticosteroid therapy is frequently given...
- Bone in celiac diseaseM L Bianchi
Bone Metabolism Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Osteoporos Int 19:1705-16. 2008..Finally, the current treatment options for children and adults are discussed. Recommendations for future clinical research are proposed...
- No difference in intestinal strontium absorption after oral or IV calcitriol in children with secondary hyperparathyroidism. The European Study Group on Vitamin D in Children with Renal FailureG Ardissino
Unit of Pediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, Department of Pediatrics, Milano, Italy
Kidney Int 58:981-8. 2000..The present study was undertaken to verify whether intravenous calcitriol actually stimulates intestinal calcium absorption less than oral calcitriol and whether it is superior in suppressing parathyroid hormone (PTH) secretion...
- Effects of liver transplantation on the nutritional status of patients with cystic fibrosisCarla Colombo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Transpl Int 18:246-55. 2005..Liver transplantation is associated with long-term beneficial effects on the nutritional status of CF patients and seems to favor bone mineralization...
- Changes in markers of bone turnover and inflammatory variables during alendronate therapy in pediatric patients with rheumatic diseasesRolando Cimaz
Clinica Pediatrica, ICP, Milano, Italy
J Rheumatol 29:1786-92. 2002..In this study, we evaluated the changes in bone metabolism and disease activity markers in 45 patients ages 5 to 18 years (31 female, 14 male) with rheumatic diseases treated with alendronate for 12 months...
- Glucorticoids and bone: some general remarks and some special observations in pediatric patientsMaria Luisa Bianchi
Bone Metabolic Unit, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCCS, Milano, Italy logico it
Calcif Tissue Int 70:384-90. 2002
- Imbalance of osteoclastogenesis-regulating factors in patients with celiac diseaseAnna Taranta
Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Roma, Italy
J Bone Miner Res 19:1112-21. 2004..We show imbalance of cytokines relevant to bone metabolism in celiac patients' sera and the direct effect of these sera on in vitro bone cell activity...
- Dual-energy X-ray aborptiometry assessment in children and adolescents with diseases that may affect the skeleton: the 2007 ISCD Pediatric Official PositionsNick Bishop
Sheffield University, Sheffield Childrens NHS Foundation Trust, Western Bank, Sheffield, UK
J Clin Densitom 11:29-42. 2008..Importantly, this document also highlights significant gaps in our knowledge, emphasizing areas for future research...
- Vitamin D receptor mRNA measured in leukocytes with the TaqMan fluorogenic detection system: effect of calcitriol administrationLaura Soldati
Department of Sciences and Biomedical Technologies, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Clin Chem 50:1315-21. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate the interactions between the circulating concentrations of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3] and the mRNA concentration of its specific nuclear receptor in human leukocytes...