Affiliation: Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri
- Glial cells drive preconditioning-induced blood-brain barrier protectionRaffaella Gesuete
Laboratory of Inflammation and Nervous System Diseases, Mario Negri Institute, Via G La Masa 19, 20156 Milan, Italy
Stroke 42:1445-53. 2011..The cerebrovascular contribution to ischemic preconditioning (IPC) has been scarcely explored. Using in vivo and in vitro approaches, we investigated the involvement of the blood-brain barrier and the role of its cellular components...
- The JAM family of junctional adhesion moleculesGianfranco Bazzoni
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, I 20157, Milano, Italy
Curr Opin Cell Biol 15:525-30. 2003..All these features represent the likely determinants for the role of junctional adhesion molecule proteins in processes as diverse as junction assembly, leukocyte transmigration and platelet activation...
- Endothelial cell-to-cell junctions: molecular organization and role in vascular homeostasisGianfranco Bazzoni
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, I 20157 Milan, Italy
Physiol Rev 84:869-901. 2004..Finally, we analyze in vivo studies and highlight information that specifically relates to the role of junctions in vascular endothelial cells...
- Signalling pathways and adhesion molecules as targets for antiangiogenesis therapy in tumorsGianfranco Bazzoni
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 610:74-87. 2008
- Expression of junctional adhesion molecule-A prevents spontaneous and random motilityGianfranco Bazzoni
Laboratory of Systems Biology, Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milano, Italy
J Cell Sci 118:623-32. 2005..Thus, by regulating cytoskeletal and adhesive structures, JAM-A expression prevents cell motility, probably in a PSD95-Dlg-ZO1-dependent manner...
- Endothelial tight junctions: permeable barriers of the vessel wallGianfranco Bazzoni
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, I 20157 Milano, Italy
Thromb Haemost 95:36-42. 2006..Finally, the signaling events that regulate paracellular permeability are discussed...
- Effect of microtubule-targeting drugs on cell-cell and cell-matrix junctions in tumor epithelial cellsLaura Tonutti
Mario Negri Institute of Pharmacological Research, Milano, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 22:234-44. 2011..g. cell confluence and junction opening, respectively), when determining the final effects of microtubule manipulation on cell adhesiveness...
- Opposite effects of tumor necrosis factor and soluble fibronectin on junctional adhesion molecule-A in endothelial cellsOfelia M Martinez-Estrada
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, I-20157 Milan, Italy
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L1081-8. 2005..We found that fibronectin reduces the effect of TNF on the disassembly of JAM-A, but not on its dispersal, thus further stressing that disassembly and dispersal can be functionally dissociated...
- The protein interaction network of the epithelial junctional complex: a system-level analysisLuca Paris
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, I 20156 Milan, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 19:5409-21. 2008..In particular, two major modules (corresponding to the tight junctions and to the adherens junctions/desmosomes) were linked preferentially to two other modules that acted as structural and signaling platforms...
- Pathobiology of junctional adhesion moleculesGianfranco Bazzoni
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology Mario Negri Institute of Pharmacological Research, Milano, Italy
Antioxid Redox Signal 15:1221-34. 2011..This review focuses on the different roles of junctional adhesion molecules in normal and pathologic conditions, with emphasis on inflammatory reactions and vascular responses to injury...
- Structural organization of the tight junctionsLuca Paris
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1778:646-59. 2008....
- Eicosapentaenoic acid inhibits endothelial cell migration in vitroLaura Tonutti
Mario Negri Institute of Pharmacological Research, Via La Masa 19, Milano, Italy
J Angiogenes Res 2:12. 2010..As n-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids exert a beneficial action on the cardiovascular system, it is important to investigate their effects on endothelial cell responses that (like migration) contribute to repairing vascular lesions...
- Keratinocyte junctions and the epidermal barrier: how to make a skin-tight dressGianfranco Bazzoni
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milan, Italy
J Cell Biol 156:947-9. 2002..Furuse et al. (2002)(this issue) demonstrate that functional tight junctions may indeed be a necessary part of the permeability barrier of the skin...
- Contribution of JAM-1 to epithelial differentiation and tight-junction biogenesis in the mouse preimplantation embryoFay C Thomas
School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, Southampton, SO16 7PX, UK
J Cell Sci 117:5599-608. 2004....
- Increased DC trafficking to lymph nodes and contact hypersensitivity in junctional adhesion molecule-A-deficient miceMaria Rosaria Cera
Department of Vascular Biology, Italian Foundation for Cancer Research FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
J Clin Invest 114:729-38. 2004..Thus, we identified here a novel, non-redundant role of JAM-A in controlling DC motility, trafficking to lymph nodes, and activation of specific immunity...
- Junctional adhesion molecule-A regulates cell migration and resistance to shear stressHayden Huang
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Cell Physiol 209:122-30. 2006..Taken together, these data indicate that JAM-A regulates cell motility by cooperating with microtubule-stabilizing pathways...