Affiliation: Istituto per la Protezione delle Piante
- Phospholipase A2 up-regulation during mycorrhiza formation in Tuber borchiiLaura Miozzi
Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
New Phytol 167:229-38. 2005..A similar expression trend was revealed by immunolocalization experiments. We have shown that TbSP1 appears to respond to two partially overlapping yet distinct stimuli: nutrient starvation and mycorrhiza formation...
- Functional properties and differential mode of regulation of the nitrate transporter from a plant symbiotic ascomyceteBarbara Montanini
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Biochem J 394:125-34. 2006....
- Fungal and plant gene expression in arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosisRaffaella Balestrini
Istituto per la Protezione delle Piante Sezione di Torino CNR, Viale Mattioli 25, 10125 Turin, Italy
Mycorrhiza 16:509-24. 2006..We aim in this review to describe AM symbiosis in terms of current knowledge on plant and fungal gene expression profiles...
- Application of laser microdissection to identify the mycorrhizal fungi that establish arbuscules inside root cellsAndrea Berruti
National Research Council, Plant Protection Institute Turin UOS Torino, Italy
Front Plant Sci 4:135. 2013..Thus, the LMD technique can be considered a powerful tool to obtain more precise knowledge on the symbiotically active intraradical AMF community...
- Proteins from Tuber magnatum Pico fruiting bodies naturally grown in different areas of ItalyFederico Vita
Department of Crop Plant Biology, University of Pisa, Via Mariscoglio 34, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Proteome Sci 11:7. 2013..In this work protein profiles are described for samples coming from different areas and collected in two successive years. To our knowledge this is the first time that proteins of T. magnatum have been thoroughly examined...
- Two putative-aquaporin genes are differentially expressed during arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis in Lotus japonicusMarco Giovannetti
Department of Life Sciences and Systems Biology, University of Torino and IPP CNR, Torino, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 12:186. 2012..Here, we have focused on two putative aquaporin genes, LjNIP1 and LjXIP1, which resulted to be upregulated in a transcriptomic analysis performed on mycorrhizal roots of Lotus japonicus...
- Genome-wide analysis of cell wall-related genes in Tuber melanosporumRaffaella Balestrini
Istituto per la Protezione delle Piante del CNR, UOS Torino, Viale Mattioli, 25, 10125, Turin, Italy
Curr Genet 58:165-77. 2012..Labeling experiments were also performed on T. melanosporum mycelium and ectomycorrhizae to localize cell wall components...
- Laser microdissection reveals that transcripts for five plant and one fungal phosphate transporter genes are contemporaneously present in arbusculated cellsRaffaella Balestrini
Istituto Protezione Piante, CNR and Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale, Universita di Torino, Viale Mattioli, 25 10125 Torino, Italy
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20:1055-62. 2007..The discovery that five plant and one fungal PT genes are consistently expressed inside the arbusculated cells provides a new scenario for plant-fungus nutrient exchanges...
- Expression and phylogenetic analyses of the Gel/Gas proteins of Tuber melanosporum provide insights into the function and evolution of glucan remodeling enzymes in fungiFabiano Sillo
Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita e Biologia dei Sistemi, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Viale Mattioli 25, 10125 Torino, Italy
Fungal Genet Biol 53:10-21. 2013..melanosporum proteins and identifies new GH72 paralogs/subfamilies. Moreover, it represents a starting point to formulate new hypotheses on the significance of the striking GH72 gene redundancy in fungal biology...
- Ascorbate oxidase: the unexpected involvement of a 'wasteful enzyme' in the symbioses with nitrogen-fixing bacteria and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungiRaffaella Balestrini
Plant Protection Institute, National Research Council, Turin, Italy
Plant Physiol Biochem 59:71-9. 2012..In this framework, high AO expression is viewed as a possible strategy to down-regulate oxygen diffusion in root nodules, and a component of AM symbiosis. A general model of AO function in plants is discussed...
- The role of the glyoxylate cycle in the symbiotic fungus Tuber borchii: expression analysis and subcellular localizationSimona Abba'
Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale, Università di Torino and Istituto per la Protezione delle Piante del CNR Sezione di Torino, Viale Mattioli 25, 10125 Turin, Italy
Curr Genet 52:159-70. 2007....
- Gene expression in mycorrhizal orchid protocorms suggests a friendly plant-fungus relationshipSilvia Perotto
Department of Life Sciences and Systems Biology, University of Turin, Viale Mattioli 25, 10125, Turin, Italy
Planta 239:1337-49. 2014..Two genes coding for mannose-binding lectins were significantly up-regulated in the presence of the mycorrhizal fungus, but their role in the symbiosis is unclear...
- Transcriptome analysis of arbuscular mycorrhizal roots during development of the prepenetration apparatusValeria Siciliano
Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale, Università di Torino and Istituto Protezione Piante CNR, Torino, Italy
Plant Physiol 144:1455-66. 2007..A putative Avr9/Cf-9 rapidly elicited gene, found to be up-regulated in the mutant, suggests novel regulatory roles for the DMI3 protein in the early mycorrhization process...
- Distinctive properties and expression profiles of glutamine synthetase from a plant symbiotic fungusBarbara Montanini
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 23 A, I 43100 Parma, Italy
Biochem J 373:357-68. 2003..The TbGS mRNA was also found to be expressed in symbiosis-engaged hyphae, with distinctively higher hybridization signals in hyphae that were penetrating among and within root cells...