Affiliation: Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento
- Nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) versus bi-level nasal CPAP in preterm babies with respiratory distress syndrome: a randomised control trialGianluca Lista
NICU, Children s Hospital, Via Castelvetro, Milan, Italy
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 95:F85-9. 2010....
- Neonatal and maternal concentrations of hydroxil radical and total antioxidant system: protective role of placenta against fetal oxidative stressGianluca Lista
Department of Neonatology, ICP, NICU, Milan, Italy
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 31:319-24. 2010..Pregnancy is an important condition that favors oxidative stress in the fetus. Clinical studies indicate a protective mechanism against O2 toxicity in the human feto-placental unit...
- Lung function and respiratory health at school age in ventilated very low birth weight infantsGianluca Lista
Department of NICU, V Buzzi Children s Hospital ICP, Via Castelvetro 32, 20154, Milan, Italy
Indian J Pediatr 81:275-8. 2014....
- Outcome of congenital diaphragmatic hernia: analysis of implicated factorsE Lupo
Division of Neonatology, V Buzzi Children Hospital of Milan, Milan, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 65:279-85. 2013..We conducted a retrospective study of all infants who were managed for congenital diaphragmatic hernia in our NICU in order to identify possible clinical characteristics which were predictive for survival...
- ELBW infants: to intubate or not to intubate in the delivery room?G Lista
NICU, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, ICP, Milan, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:63-5. 2012....
- Surfactant and mechanical ventilationGianluca Lista
Division of Neonatology, NICU V Buzzi Children s Hospital ICP, Milan, Italy
Acta Biomed 83:21-3. 2012..In course of mechanical ventilation lung recruitment manoeuvres before and after tracheal instillation of surfactant seem to facilitate its distribution and allow to obtain a more homogeneous lung volume. (www.actabiomedica.it)...
- Alveolar recruitment in the delivery roomG Lista
Division of Neonatology, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, ICP, Milan, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:39-40. 2012..Clinical large trials taking place in the DR are needed but they are also extremely difficult to be designed and performed...
- "Ventilatory management of asphyxiated infant during hypothermia"Gianluca Lista
NICU, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, ICP, Milan, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:67-8. 2011....
- Volume guarantee versus high-frequency ventilation: lung inflammation in preterm infantsG Lista
NICU, Vittore Buzzi Children s Hospital, ICP, Via Castelvetro 32, 20154, Milan, Italy
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 93:F252-6. 2008..High-frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV) and volume-guarantee (VG) ventilation are effective in the treatment of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)...
- Lung inflammation in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome: effects of ventilation with different tidal volumesGianluca Lista
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Vittore Buzzi Children s Hospital, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Pulmonol 41:357-63. 2006..Whether the use of this starting Vt prevents bronchopulmonary dysplasia requires further study...
- Lung recruitment maneuver during volume guarantee ventilation of preterm infants with acute respiratory distress syndromeFrancesca Castoldi
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, V Buzzi Children s Hospital ICP, Via Castelvetro 32, Milan, Italy
Am J Perinatol 28:521-8. 2011..04). No adverse events and no differences in the outcomes were observed. LRM led to the earlier lowest Fi O(2) of the first 12 hours of life and a shorter O (2) dependency...
- Cardiovascular and respiratory status in mechanically ventilated asphyxiated term infants: comparison between hypothermic and control groupGianluca Lista
ICP, NICU V Buzzi Children s Hospital, Milan, Italy
Acta Biomed 75:107-13. 2004..To evaluate cardiorespiratory changes in hypothermic asphyxiated ventilated infants compared with controls...
- Does sustained lung inflation at birth improve outcome of preterm infants at risk for respiratory distress syndrome?Gianluca Lista
Division of Neonatology, V Buzzi Children s Hospital of Milan, Milan, Italy g lista icp mi it
Neonatology 99:45-50. 2011..Sustained lung inflation (SLI) applied at birth has been demonstrated to lead to clearance of lung fluid and achievement of a precocious functional residual capacity in animal studies...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage with diluted porcine surfactant in mechanically ventilated term infants with meconium aspiration syndromeGianluca Lista
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Vittore Buzzi Children s Hospital, Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milan, Italy
Clin Drug Investig 26:13-9. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) with diluted porcine surfactant in mechanically ventilated term infants with severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) due to meconium aspiration syndrome (MAS)...
- Congenital primary hydrothorax: effect of thoracoamniotic shunting on neonatal clinical outcomeSilvia Bianchi
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, ICP, Milan, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:1225-9. 2010..Prenatal thoracentesis and thoracoamniotic shunting of massive hydrothorax are indicated to decrease perinatal morbidity. In the neonatal period, persistent hydrothorax may require intensive care...
- Safety of deep hypothermia in treating neonatal asphyxiaGilberto Compagnoni
NICU, Carlo Poma Hospital, Mantova, Italy
Neonatology 93:230-5. 2008..Several studies have demonstrated the efficiency and safety of mild hypothermia (33 degrees C) used for treating moderate encephalopathy. In animal models, deep hypothermia proved to be neuroprotective...
- Prognostic value of electroencephalograms in asphyxiated newborns treated with hypothermiaEmilio Mariani
Unit of Clinical Neurophysiology, Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Neurol 39:317-24. 2008..After 1 month of age, the information on clinical outcomes provided by electroencephalograms usually decreases because of the natural trend toward electroencephalogram normalization...
- Early myoclonic encephalopathy and nonketotic hyperglycinemiaSamantha Rossi
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Neurol 41:371-4. 2009....
- Acute neonatal encephalopathy and seizures recurrence: a combined aEEG/EEG studyMassimo Mastrangelo
U O Neurologia Pediatrica, V Buzzi Hospital, Milan, Italy
Seizure 22:703-7. 2013..To evaluate amplitude-integrated EEG (aEEG) in comparison with conventional (cEEG) for the identification of electrographic seizures in neonates with acute neonatal encephalopathies...
- Right congenital diaphragmatic hernia associated with a complex heart diseaseSilvia Bianchi
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Children s Hospital V Buzzi, ICP, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:641-4. 2006..Despite high-frequency oscillatory ventilation plus nitric oxide and uneventful repair of the hernia, the infant died after 6 days of uncontrolled pulmonary hypertension and severe aortic coarctation that developed postnatally...
- Nomogram of the cerebellar vermis height at birth in small-for-gestational-age neonatesGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Paediatrics, University of Milan, L Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Acta Paediatr 97:745-50. 2008..To establish a nomogram of the height of the cerebellar vermis at birth in small-for-gestational-age neonates...
- Preterm birth, respiratory failure and BPD: which neonatal management?Francesca Castoldi
Neonatal Pulmonology Study Group, Italian Society of Neonatology, Italy NICU V Buzzi Ospedale dei Bambini, ICP, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Early Hum Dev 89:S39-40. 2013..Whenever this fails, the prevention of every known risk factors for BPD should start in the delivery room and should be maintained in the NICU through the use of tailored management of high-risk infants. ..
- Neonatal respiratory support strategies in the intensive care unit: an Italian surveyCarlo Dani
Department of Surgical and Medical Critical Care, Division of Neonatology, Careggi University Hospital of Florence, Viale Morgagni, 85, 50134, Florence, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 172:331-6. 2013..However, since there are areas where this does not occur, we suggest that focused interventions take place on these areas to help improve clinical practice and increase their adherence to evidence-based medical criteria...
- Correlations between volume delivery (VTHF) in course of high frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV) and severity of respiratory distressG Lista
NICU, Children s Hospital, V Buzzi, Department of Neonatology, ICP, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Med Chir 26:124-5. 2004..3-3.4) with a significant correlation to some parameters espression of severity of the respiratory distress: arterial/Alveolar ratio (a/AO2) (r = 0.519), oxygen index (OI) (r = 0.512) and mean airway pressure (MAP) (r = 0.543)...
- Impact of targeted-volume ventilation on lung inflammatory response in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)G Lista
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit V Buzzi, Children s Hospital, Azienda ICP, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:510-4. 2004..Further studies are required in order to define whether this ventilatory strategy prevents lung injury...
- [Gentle and non invasive treatment of the neonatal respiratory distress]G Lista
U O di Patologia Neonatale e Terapia Intensiva Neonatale, Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi, Dipartimento di Neonatologia, Azienda ICP, Milano
Pediatr Med Chir 25:390-1. 2003
- [Lung injury and ventilatory strategies]G Lista
NICU, Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi, Dipartimento di Neonatologia, Azienda ICP, Milano
Pediatr Med Chir 25:35-41. 2003....